Detect Hidden:

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Nelvin_Skjordal, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

I played a Dexxer w/ Hiding & 79.9 DH / 20.1 Tracking during the UO:R era. I remember this working very effectively -vs- Hiders in the field because of the short re-use on DH when targeting the ground and not a specific container. At 79.9 DH you might fail a couple times on skillcheck -vs- a GM Hider, but the re-use was so short that it was still an effective counter. This post is not about the effectiveness of Detect Hidden -vs- Hiding, it is about the re-use timer on Detect Hidden.

Something on Detect:
    (bleh, the link won't go directly to the page, it's under "PROFESSIONS" > "THE DETECTIVE")

Which seems to support what I remembered: Targeting the ground (area) was a shorter re-use timer than targeting a specific container.

*No clue what buying it up to 20 has to do with anything other than just speeding up training in general. (duh)
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

3. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

High School was a long time ago, maybe my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. I took it to mean the exact opposite of what you're saying, Upgrayedd.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This area detect feature was added in patch 39. However I was unaware of the targeted vs area skill delay. I will look into working this change into a future patch.