Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Mar 30, 2016.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    DrFunke and Keza like this.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I support your 1-4 ideas, and they have all already been suggested in past threads as well.

The value of armor or weapons is controlled by supply & demand. Many players have a GM smith, tailor or both. Given how available leather and ingots are the cost of all armor will go down over time.

As for blessed weapons, I dont see the value as it is trammel and a vanq can be bought for 2-5k, more if you NEED +25 tactics. In other words, vanqs are good enough for farming and if you lose them to PKs its not the end of the world.
    One likes this.
  3. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All of theses seem like good or interesting ideas. The only problem I see is there are lots of post just like this one with really cool ideas that never really go anywhere. I really thing we need a system like https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/ where the whitehouse/president must respond to any petition receiving so many votes. Have a certain section in the forums for feature request and if the post gets enough votes @Chris will respond with yes, no, or discuss the requested feature(s).

Sorry to get off topic,

I like 1-5 and 6 is interesting but not sure I like all of 6.
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  4. Kryptonical

Kryptonical Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I really like the idea of having a system like the petitions.whitehouse.gov... I agree with 1-4 and would support the idea of 6 but not in its current form
    One likes this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Oooorrrr, just increase slayer drop rates by adding them to real treasure chests, as they should be, so their value comes down to a reasonable level for someone to risk it afield.

No on DP chances, yes on cure cooldowns.

No on numerous archery buffs, just take the fucking variable chance to hit out and it'll be gravy as it is.

I would like to see Parry skill have the ability to parry a stun punch as well as other special hits. Slayer shields, sure maybe, don't really care a great deal but it might be fun for tanking higher tier mobs.

I do think the AR values of metal armors should be significantly higher than they are now but it's not terrible. I don't think leather armors need changing but I do feel that material type bonuses need to go away. There's just not enough people on the shard to make 'low end' armor useful in any way. No one's going to rock iron plate when literally any other color is better. Color choice is basically thrown out the window, unless you're a mage so you can dye your leathers.

I didn't even read the quest thing. I'm over instances.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Are we trying to balance dexers for PvM? For PvP? Both?
    One likes this.
  9. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I would even settle for the ones in the level 7 maps to not be trash, it's nothing but cleavers shepherds crooks in those things, and it's so incredibly rare to find anything with a damage modifier it makes me wonder why the heck these things still sell for 400k. I mean you get less plat than in an amib while taking a lot more effort to complete the instance.
    One and Blaise like this.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it. I've never done one and honestly not sure I ever will. I'm still dreaming of a day where I'll actually want to get that last 0.1 Cartography done on Larry but for what?

Basoosh, I think we're trying to make them relevant (or as relevant as other common standard templates) outside of private instances and covert battle mining.
    One likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. One

One Well-Known Member

13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Just gonna cosign the experience described here.

L7's are shiete.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  14. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

If its one thing I've learned in 25 years of online gaming, its that changes to PvP balance are pretty much never unanimous. It's always a tough road.

From PvM perspective, I think dexer damage output is mostly fine. Against standard enemies, they don't meet up to tamer DPS. Against special enemies with tamer resistance, they can match or beat tamer DPS. Add a slayer to the mix and they can be very good.

Dexer's main problem is survivability. Take the easter event right now - you walk up and stab a fluffy and you'll be dead in a couple seconds. Dexers need better AR against the top tier enemies, they need better resistance against monster spells, and they need help against firebreath. So given that...

Option 1 (Deadly Poison) - Doesn't solve the problem as I see it.
    Option 2 (Bandage Timer) - This would help, but even with faster bandages, there are a lot of enemies that will have a dexer dead before even one bandage goes off. Note, important that a change here only applies to those with very high dex.
    Option 3 (Archery Buffs) - Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with Blaise. Remove the accuracy penalty on archery and let's see what we've got.
    Option 4 (Slayer Shields) - I like this one a lot, as it leverages an under-used skill and contains the change to PvM only. The only problem is it requires the dexer to risk even more loot in the field.
    Option 5 (Increasing AR) - Plate armor I think especially needs the boost.
    Option 6 (Bonded weapons) - Introduces more trammel and doesn't solve the survivability problem anyways. I'd vote no.

However we get there, I think making Parry and plate armor part of the solution is a good idea since they are so crap right now. Maybe shields and plate armor could drop with a new magical property that made them better in PvM?
    BlackEye and One like this.
  15. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Basoosh describes it pretty good. However, I think we need to clarify whether we are talking about pure dexxers or dexxer/bards.

Because with dexxer/bards I can kill you nearly everything. Just some bosses can be problematic. And stuff that isnt bardable at all (see my Khaldun thread).
    One likes this.