DG Guild Being Investigated By RRG

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Curly Sue, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

This afternoon Jerome Jackson of the RRG spotted a lonely sole mashing up RRG owned roads with not only horse, but pack llama hoofs. Furthermore, the llama in question was packed to the brim with mining supplies. Jerome Jackson called for the man to halt but the man walked on as if deaf an dumb... Only the words "Tea Pot" were stitched upon his shirt. Jerome was willing to discuss the matter with the man but his failure to comply with RRG commands chalked up a third strike on Jerome's naughty list and an RRG patrol was called in to handle the matter.... No questions asked...

The trio of man and beast fled quickly but were sacked upon a cross road near the town Skara Brea. All 3 lives were extinguished and the unpermitted mining supplies confiscated.

[​IMG]

DG Guild should consider this event a warning for future encounters with RRG patrols. Further acts of non compliance will result in an all out tax war with the RRG. The RRG is already drawing up paperwork for the DG guild as taxes have not been paid and housing has been built too close to RRG owned roads. DG has also repeatedly trespassed in RRG owned lands in the past months leading up to this point, and thus so have been executed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DG is urged to stay clear of RRG owned territories or request a meeting to secure tax payments as required for access and / or usage of selected territories. If no contact is made... DG should assume themselves outlaws of the RRG and shall be treated as such on sight.

Your Luxurious Tax Collector...

Curly Sue..
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  3. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Someone should do one kinda like they do for ISIS.

[​IMG]
    Oni Neaufire, Plankton, One and 2 others like this.
  4. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

They RP as they own the entire Sosaria.
  5. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Trolling the noob dungeon again? wow, just wow.
    boothby and Christoph Brock like this.
  6. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was thinking, rp or not it's kinda lame rolling there the way you guys are geared out.
    MikeK likes this.
  7. Curly Sue

There is a young program for young players. Your entitled to your opinion, as we are entitled to our tax revenue.

So you think it's lame that there isn't a trammel dungeon on the shard where non young players can go to farm gold with no risk?

Pay your taxes.
    Codus, BlackEye, Daros and 1 other person like this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

They are portraying nefarious characters and you're complaining they're up to nefarious deeds?

This is FELUCCA!
    With the exclusion of [young, you are either the predator or the prey.

If anything they're shattering the illusion of safety that Occlo seemingly offers, which is long overdue.
    Outside the guard zones, a player killer can come after you any time, anywhere. That's the way it is.

Let's not forget the above statement applies to everyone, including the RRG.
    BlackEye, Erza Scarlet, One and 3 others like this.
  9. Curly Sue

If we were liked by everyone we wouldn't be doing our jobs very well as tax collectors...

But in this world you can be sure that there will be death, and there will be taxes.

If you would like you could purchase a permit if occlo is so dear to you.

And i assure you that if you saw us running in your direction you wouldn't be thinking about how we Pk in Occlo. We don't go there due to a lack of skill in killing. And I say killing because we don't fight with tax evaders... We execute them. If you see us and you haven't paid your taxes, you can count on the fact that we've calculated your chances of surving the encounter and have decided to attack when they are the lowest. Tax men are very good with numbers.....Not even the fact that we've killed in Occlo will save you

And btw, nobody in the IRS ever won a medal in bravery.... But thats besides the point.

Much love,
    Curly sue
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Sarian likes this.
  10. Sarian

Sarian Member

Hey, I support your play style...hell I love it. I love the idea of RRG and the stories you guys post and how you make the idea of brutally killing people fun.
    The oooonly complaint I have, is your claim of role play. I've had bard/dexxers of mine killed by you guys, no option of Role play what-so-ever. No option to pay a tax etc.. I think it's great what you guys do, but you definitely can't claim to be role playing, when the only form of role play you do is posting screen shots on the forums.

With that said, in the defense of RRG - if you took the time to run up and say "Hey, do you have tax papers to hunt in our territory?" people would either A) Already have recalled away or B) Most likely already ran 2-3 screens away. So I'm not hating on you guys for the Killing on Sight, I completely understand why you guys go for the jugular. It's essentially the only way of effectively PKing.

Would have loved to have role played a bit afterwards, just wasn't given the option. Aside from that - you've got my support!

Edit - I just read Curly's latest reply and it supports the "executing" and not giving an option to shoot the shit before hand lol.
  11. Curly Sue

We appreciate your words Sarian. In regards to RP, one can RP a silent killer if he wished and still RP in my opinion. However, Most manor of men and women contact us to arrange agreements before or after they meet their unfortunate demise with our patrols. Talkative tax collectors are dead collectors. The RRG is always avilable to discuss arangements. If you find yourself in the company of RRG patrols and have not paid your taxes, you have already broken the RRG law. Taxes are rarely paid on site. Warnings are only given occasionally. However, we have never broken an agreement or harmed any tax paying citizen so our word is reliable.

Feel free to contact Jerome Jackson... In the community service department.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Vishakt and wylwrk like this.
  12. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I can totally understand shooting first and talking later, as people can easily recall in seconds, so RRG are doing it right, by ambushing without negotiation. That's how it's meant to be.

If I can propose something, if I was in RRG, I would make copies of books to de put on corpses about "tax arrangements" after they have been killed. Rather than doing the talking, collectors can "forward" the law to those who don't pay. I think it would add a nice element of RP, but people would trash a lot of those books I'm sure :)

So RRG are free to do what they want. This is Felucca, so people shouldn't forget they can be killed even in front of Occlo bank (and to be honest, there are more murders there than RRG's doing). And they shouldn't complain about it.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Jupiter and wylwrk like this.
  13. Curly Sue

Understood... We will see if any scribes in the area have some printing presses when we discuss the forementioned map posability.
    Jupiter likes this.
  14. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can copy/paste text into books. Should save your scribe some time if you go that route. Good idea nym.
    Jupiter likes this.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Actually, a map of all guild territories would be very nice to see!
    Vlar likes this.
  16. Daros

Daros New Member

Such a map would probably have to be broken into different zones of RRG occupation, so that each zone can be properly labeled. Perhaps since we own all the roads, forests, mines etc. they will be renamed to reflect the RRG's dominion over them.
  17. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

These would be "contested" lands.
  18. Melryn Moonstone

Melryn Moonstone Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Dungeon Guards enjoying a little "tax evasion" earlier today ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tea-Bag, MikeK, Lightshade and 10 others like this.
  19. Curly Sue

We will consider this your response to our offer to discuss your tax situation. This will not go unpunished I assure you. o_O
  20. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I had no idea you could PK in that dungeon. Stealing is disabled, yet PKing is allowed?
    Codus and BlackEye like this.