Difference in pets

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Carl, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Carl

Carl Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Since the patch I have noticed a sharp difference in the rate at which dragons lose loyalty. It also seems they are refusing commands at a greater rate. I have no data or testing baseline for this but it has suddenly become obvious to me. I have to feed dragons alot more frequently.

I am GM Taming and Animal lore.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Fraggle likes this.
  2. Gozinya

Gozinya Active Member

I don't have a tamer, but from what I read in the patch notes, I thought the patch was going to do the complete opposite.

3. Carl

Carl Active Member

That is what I thought as well. I can take a set of dragons out for 30 minutes and they will lose 2 levels of loyalty if I dont feed them
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

This is worth investigating to make sure the opposite wasn't done and their loyalty drops faster.
  5. Carl

Carl Active Member

Dragons are the only pets I have used to notice the problem. Mine are brown/grey dragons. I know red vs grey isn't supposed to matter but details do matter. The dragons I use are one bonded and 1 unbonded. The bonded seems to lose at a faster rate.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I lost a 3 points off perfect strength and hit points dragon while training two bonded dragons over night Saturday night. I had a macro feeding them both at timed intervals and enough raw meat to last 6+ hours. I came back to check on their progess at 7 hours and found they had unbonded and went wild. No commands were given during training. Pets were left wrestling each other with a healer for each. I have run this same macro for hours and hours prior without issue unless I lost connection. I thought it was a fluke.... but then I found this post which prompted me to read the patch notes again. In the past it seemed like bonded pets went wild much faster than they should. I was really happy to see the bonded loyalty timer extended in the last patch I just hope it's working the way it should. I saved one of them at least and have to wait the seven days to rebond now.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  7. Carl

Carl Active Member

Took a bonded mare to Liche room. Got off and did animal lore. Wonderfully happy. I killed 10 liches and its loyalty had dropped to very happy. Something isnt right
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Well...I did see people in IRC asking about it recently, so you guys may be onto something. I feel like I've been experiencing it too (my go to strategy is to stable and claim)
  9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I'll look into it, but the change was trivial, and very very specific.

During a loyalty decay check, if pet = bonded, then chance for loyalty to drop = 50%. No change was made to the standard loyalty decay mechanics.

That said if you are offline or out of sight of your pets, bonded or not they will delay loyalty at an alarming rate.

We are looking into ways to expand this a bit, but even in a house, a pet can lose loyalty quickly.

Ill post some results once we run some tests and compare to patch 55 mechanics just in case.
  10. Carl

Carl Active Member

I just tried to re create the situations again. Pets didnt lose loyalty at all over the same period of time and same general conditions and locations.
  11. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

My example was in a house with my GM tame & lore character standing on an adjacent tile to my pets whom were stacked on one tile sparring. Did something change specific to housing and loyalty loss of pets? I'm reluctant to try this again for the purpose of testing with the possibility of losing another bonded pet.
  12. Carl

Carl Active Member

I have to recant the previous statement. It happened again at around 11am central time
  13. Ragnar

Ragnar Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I have noticed both of my bonded dragons losing loyalty at an advanced rate. This happened rather quickly during a short farming spree in a dungeon. I check loyalty rather often now and they seemed to have changed from wonderfully happy to only very happy very quickly. The only thing I did was cast invisibility twice. As far as I could tell no commands were failed. I have gm taming and lore.
  14. Carl

Carl Active Member

A failed command also seems to be causing a huge drop in Loyalty. Bonded pets seem to be effected more heavily than non bonded
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This seems to be what im seeing too. It was the heat of the moment, but just one or two failed commands dropped my mare from wonderfully to rather happy yesterday.
  16. Carl

Carl Active Member

I also noticed a greater than .1 skill loss on death of bonded pets
  17. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I usually lose 3-5 skill points on each skill when my pets die. I've never nailed down the skill loss numbers, usually when it happens I'm not worried about it.
  18. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well after the latest patch. My drags and mare (all bonded) lose happiness rather quickly, and I feed them regularly.

Glad you posted this Carl...I thought it was just me! :)
  19. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Skill loss upon death is, I think, 2.5%. So you'll lose 2.5 from GMed skills, and less from lower skills. That is what was intended, at least, I think.
    Descartes likes this.