Discord vs Enticement

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Garatau, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Garatau

Garatau New Member

Probably not even really a "bug" but can be confusing. When I asked "Smithy" in Occlo to "train" he offers the option to train "discordance" but when you say "train discordance" he doesn't respond. You have to say "Train Enticement"

So, that part of the system recognizes the skill as enticement.

The skill sheet recognizes it as Enticement

But the vendor lists it as Discordance and the website does as well.
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As far as I understand it, that confusion is era accurate (the client is from the era, when OSI renamed the skills or something like that, but didn't change it everywhere). Correcting the OSI mistake would be nice, indeed.
  3. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Wow am i agreeing with something BlackEye said ?. He is right, in June 25, 2002 EA released client patch 3.0.8j " This patch replaces all labels & notations of "Enticement" within the game with "Discordance". While Discordance is not activated with this patch, however, it will not be activated until Publish 16 is released to the normal production shards; if you attempt to use the Discordance skill before that point you will still be using "Enticement," even though the label will now say "Discordance." and then promptly forgot all about it :)

good spot throw
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber