Double Explosion Bug?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zim, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I dont know where to post this, so Ill post this here.

Ive noticed that when you cast explosion, then fastcast another explosion onto the same target it seems to only refresh the timer on the first explosion.
    Ive done this many times and only one explosion lands EVERY time.

Was this just part of the era that I dont remember? Double explosion is a devastating move when done right and I have used it many many times before. Was this done by design?
  2. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

No idea if that's how it was in era, but that is how it works here for a single caster. If two separate people cast exp on one target they both hit without any timer reset.
  3. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

So no double explosions in duels then? :(
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You cannot stack explosions. This has always been a fundamental UO mechanic.
  5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

humm... I must have played on a custom shard then. :)
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

You can separate the explosions with a quick debuff/arrow to pull off a double explo. Basically if you load an explosion, and then fast cast a debuff spell or magic arrow, and immediately cast another explosion you will be able to double up. Granted your opponent isn't holding a gheal, after you release the first explosion, the follow up debuff or arrow serves as a quick enough reset delay, while also disrupting any heal your opponent might cast before starting and targeting the second explo. It actually works quite well if done properly and is one of my fav starting attacks. I personally prefer to use a magic arrow between the two explos because of the 1 second damage delay. It allows you to have a delayed disrupt while you start the second explo, then when your opponent goes to cast a second spell, the first explo disrupts, and then you target the second explo.