Dread Spiders nerfed from AFK farming

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lord Sky, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'll start by saying this isn't a scientific thread, purely anecdotal.

I've been playing here for a few years, some years more than others. Something I've noticed is that the magic weapon drops from dread spiders seems to be lower than that of other slayer-type mobs.

Here is a link to one of my peacemage dexers' battle logs:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/log/1665213/Monster/0/Type_ASC

1300 dread spider kills and I've never pulled a force weapon slayer type or greater
    1000 lich kills and i've pulled multiple repond instruments and 2 force+ repond slayers

I do know that for a short period of time there were players killing dread spiders with a completely automated macro. Did staff intentionally reduce slayer-type drops for these monsters? Or is this something that is era accurate? It seems odd that in over a thousand kills I have not received a super slayer above force. I have two other peacemage dexer builds that use fencing and swords type weapons, which together have over an additional 1000 kills. Perhaps the drop rate is based on the tier of mob? Dread spiders being below dragon but above basic mage level monsters.

Slayer guide for reference: http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-slayers.1601/

This concludes my drunk thinktank.
    Ouroboros, Kiryana and King of Fun like this.
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Drop rate is definitely based on tier of mob.
    Kiryana likes this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

My guess is that it would be nerfed. Some nerd(s) wanted to add dread spiders to their UOR Resume and kept auto farming them til the spawn was actually removed for a while if I'm not mistaken, the double dread spider spawn in the Fire dungeon.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Oh, those dread spiders, it's always so dread around them ... But there was a lot of noise because of the nerds of adventurers, although I was more flexible and now I have a lot of dexxers for different occasions.

In support of Lord Sky, I can say for sure that yes, the fall of tall assassins is very rare. One day vanq rep. death fell to me and a week later another one was the same, only the type of weapon was different. So it's just a matter of cold calculation or I don't know something.

And it always seems to me that during the farm I will just raise gold, tmaps and platinum, but when I finish at one moment on the same monster only in another location, someone will get a high-level slayer. haha

By the way, if you rarely get a good slayer from a spider, you can always just wait and make your victim the one who hunts the spider.

689A4186-81F1-40BF-BDF6-D7D2E717C060.png

E2C46E6F-A6FF-4DDB-AD36-30D4C21ED6AC.jpeg
  5. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

I have killed 2,665 Dreads on my tamer and got a few pretty good weps (Force + slayers) including a Vanq Reptilian Death Viking Sword. Again, just anecdotal but I don't feel like it's been nerfed idk
    Kiryana likes this.
  6. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Try to change to theratam avengers/matriarchs, i dont have a record since i hunt in diff places everytime.. but i always took some good shit here and there from thera swamp.
    Kiryana likes this.