Dungeon Lighting Updates

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Keza, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG] Hello all, I am happy to announce official lighting updates for our dimmer dungeons! [​IMG]

[​IMG] The first dungeon Fire was greatly in need of the update. [​IMG]
    For those of you who dont run light levels filter Fire dungeon never lived up to its name, being one of the least illuminated zones despite having giant River of LAVA! After messing around on test server for a few weeks, @Chris (Telamon) and myself imported lights to live server! These lights will remain a permanent part of UOR dungeons for all to enjoy. Be you a naturalist, role-player, questing, dark explorer, or just a player who enjoys good lighting, these updates are for YOU! Video Link here

Beofe After 1.jpg Beofe After 2.jpg
    Beofe After 3.jpg Beofe After 4.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    AOٌ, Chafe, Leopold and 14 others like this.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG] The second dungeon Shame now has a completed lighting update! [​IMG]

While not in critical need to an update like fire was, Shame had some areas that greatly benefited from a few extra lights. The largest change is actually a small evil mage tower/outpost. Both lights and fitting deco were added to help this location better fit into the dungeon. Other additions include hanging lanterns with light mining themed deco around dull copper elemental spawns. Green lights near the poison & acid elemental spawns, and various single lights throughout all of Shame. Video Link here

Shame BandA 1.jpg Shame BandA 2.jpg
    Shame BandA 3.jpg Shame BandA 4.jpg
    AOٌ, rick, lhyroy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Nice work fellas! As someone who doesn't use light levels I appreciate this, a lot.
  4. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Random thought.....Is it even possible to force dark nights for say the week of Halloween or for a event? Dark nights are awesome.
    AOٌ and PaddyOBrien like this.
  5. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Naw, light levels is apart of razor that forces your game screen to display custom graphics, textures, and lighting. No way to force-stop peoples personal razor settings. (edit) @Quick could explain it better lol
    Steady Mobbin likes this.
  6. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Keza for Prez.

Make dungeons great again.
  7. Fireball

Fireball Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Actually there is a way. I went through this on my own server a few years back when I introduced coloured lighting to all the dungeons. There was no way I was going to do all that work and then have people not see it because they'd put a tick in the "Light Levels" box! In any case running around the UO world with full daylight on all the time is boring :)

Razor and RunUO worked together to come up with a way to control it. It's called RazorNegotiator.cs and it's plug & play. Chris would just need to select the parts he wants in the script and restart the server. From then on Razor will negotiate with the game server and disallow whatever you have selected, like light filter, Weather filter, range check last target, auto-open doors, block heal when poisoned or a few other things.

With all that great work on lighting I'd want to twist Chris's arm and get that lighting block enabled :)

FB
    AOٌ and Pedigar like this.
  8. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG] Lighting Update Shame part II - Shame Mine level 1 [​IMG]

While the first update to shame was great, this update completely changed the look of Shame level 1. To commemorate the opening of this new mine-themed area, we hosted a grand opening event. There was also a functional update to this zone as 3 small forges were added to make it more miner friendly.

Shame Mine1.jpg Shame Mine2.jpg
    Shame Mine3.jpg Shame Mine4.jpg
    AOٌ, Chafe, Xavant_BR and 1 other person like this.
  9. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG] __Lighting Update - Destard__ [​IMG]

The pit of dragons has remained dark and dormant for years. Now, this cavern that was created by a volcanic blast eons ago has become active once more!
    With Destards Eruption, fire and lava can be found throughout this already treacherous dungeon! Video Link here

Destard 1.jpg Destard 3.jpg
    Destard 2.jpg Destard 4.jpg
    Destard 5.jpg
    Destard 6.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    AOٌ, Buga, Holden and 3 others like this.
  10. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

Keza, as someone who uses a fair few of the less travelled parts normal light levels, these changes have been amazing. Keep up the good work, very much appreciated.
  11. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The Dawning Despise lighting update is live!

New lights tuned to each section of the dungeon help bring new life to an old location.

Dawning Despise1.jpg Dawning Despise2.jpg
    Dawning Despise3.jpg Dawning Despise4.jpg
    Dawning Despise5.jpg Dawning Despise6.jpg
    Last edited: May 8, 2020