Dungeons

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Reln, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Reln

Reln New Member

Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to the game and have just started to leave Occlo and started exploring. I have tried heading to several dungeons (Covetous, Destard, Shame) and as soon as I port in, a red PK is waiting for me. I have tried this at all times of the day and there always seems to be someone camping the dungeons. Is this normal? are dungeons always occupied by PKs?

I'm trying to kill some high end monsters with my buddy, and would love to know a place that isn't heavily patrolled by reds.
    Xegugg and Christoph Brock like this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well if anyone posts in here that area may start being patrolled by those darn reds. Just saying. With that said there are spots that you can farm with out having to be worried by being chased by reds. You just need to find them!
    M3THMOUTH, One and Valrick like this.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

You'll find that you have to be ready to escape at all times. There are obscure remote places in T2A to hunt if your willing to find them. Any high value farming areas will be frequented by reds. Way it is. Set an escape macro with a single hotkey. Frequent trips to the bank help minimize losses. There's a helpful guide on how to prep for and escape red attacks. Best of luck.
    Christoph Brock and scuba like this.
  4. Reln

Reln New Member

Yeah, Ive got my escapes all set up and I do make frequent trips to the bank. I guess its just the cost of doing business, no reward without the risk.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Any PvM location can be monitored at most times by a red that's being fed information by their blue scout (or ghost) that in turn is protecting the location for a tamer farming said location.

Yay, three accounts!

...hype?
    Sockz, Xegugg, Lyta and 1 other person like this.
  6. Reln

Reln New Member

I think it might actually be more fun to bait the reds and have a few of my friends lying in wait. Then I can farm away!
  7. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

I rarely see pks where i farm but i chose a less-gold-per-hour area for less disturbance. More than happy to privately talk about some of those areas. As @scuba said. If we listed them publicly these locations could become newly scouted on "roatation"
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

For at least a few minutes before they res and come back for revenge or 30s before they recall in on one of their alts they have ready to go.

Good luck and get that recall macro on hotkey.
    M3THMOUTH, Lyta and One like this.
  9. TheDankNugget

TheDankNugget Well-Known Member

Can always PM "TheDankNugget" in IRC if im on, always looking for a fight :)
    Xegugg and One like this.
  10. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Just kill them. Free loot!! ^-^
    Lyta likes this.
  11. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Yeah, just enough reagents to replenish the ones you burned killing them; if you are lucky you might get that rare purple potion drop. :)
  12. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

If my sarcasm detector is working properly, then I say, who honestly tries to pk with 10 regs and a GM weapon.
    This shard has the NICEST pk's Ive ever seen.

I was testing out my lockpicking tamer guy the other day in despise. Red guy, Im sorry, I cant remember the name, ran up and stabbed me a couple of times. I fizzled a greater heal with my 50.3% Magery. HE healed me and asked if I needed any help.

This type of behavior is not an isolated incident either. This shard has the most honorable PK's Ive ever ran into EVER.

Some real advice for dealing with PK's here:

*Dont talk smack unless you want a fight

*If you fight back, you might lose your gold and maybe some regs. MOST of the time you will be rezzed and possibly gated back to town.

*PK's know if youre a noob or not. If you go down to an Explosion/MagicArrow combo while fizzling the cure spell.... ...theyll prolly set you up in a house with regs to train your magery.
    (Im not even kidding)

*Treat everyone with respect (even murderers) and you will find that most people will treat you the same. They might even say sorry as they run you down with an agapite short spear. ;)

::EDIT::
    In both life and UO, you can CHOOSE to be a victim, or you can choose to be strong. You can choose to cry about how hard shit is or you can learn, adapt, and come back stronger.

Are you a Predator or are you Prey? :D
    M3THMOUTH, Halabinder and Ahirman like this.
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Shame Elder Gazers (that tiny level 4 with the two EG rooms) is pretty well protected if one or both of you are tamers.

Places with non-magic monsters (Arctic Ogre Lords, Despise Ogre Lords, Earth Elementals on Shame level 1) allow you to keep a full-powered Magic Reflect active at all times, which will give you plenty of time to Recall away when you see trouble. Against magic-casting monsters, you can occasionally be caught in a cooldown period before you can re-cast the Reflect, and you're pretty vulnerable at that point, so your survival depends on your running ability.

I'd also advise carrying two red, orange, and yellow potions with you at all times, with a Razor hotkey for each. Even if you're new and super poor, it's good to build those habits and they will save your life at some point sooner than you think.

Also, Zim, never go for a GHeal against a stabber. Either mini-heal a few times if you're well armored and have 100 Wrestling (at GM Magery, you can heal faster than they can dole out damage), or just run if you have 0 Wrestling and a decent ping.
    Halabinder likes this.
  14. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

@Reln when in doubt, bring a bunch of boxes and block off the entrance to a convenient spawn i.e. Elder gazers, evil mages, anywhere with a hallway/door entrance. This will give you guys more than enough time to gate/recall out
    Sockz, Halabinder, One and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

yep. I'm definitely going to have to fit this into one of my schemes...

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  16. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

@Dalavar Yeah. I hear ya. I had the space to G heal, had no armor or wrestling, and I only had like 51% Magery... ...the toon was literally like an hour old.
    I should have been DOOMED! :D

If it wasnt for the super nice PK I would have been.
  17. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

I personally miss asshole PK's who griefed you until you logged. What made this game for me
    Zim likes this.