Entice/Discord

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by InfernalNovus, Jan 19, 2018.

1. InfernalNovus

InfernalNovus New Member

Hello UOR

Should I base everything off show real or shown? Discord skill is at 63.7 show real and shown at 64.8. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should train on at this skill level? This skill is much slower than magery and provocation combined.

Gino the bard
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

• plop down a small on fire island and place a few strategic footstools and tables

• think of your training just like taming (I'd finish with silver serpents for the cool factor)

• skill accordingly

This will only work if you have a provoker online with you to put the aggro on one another instead of yourself (for hiding purposes)
    InfernalNovus likes this.
  3. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have a house in Compassion desert that can be used for disco training.

Find me on IRC if you want to use it and I can friend you.
  4. InfernalNovus

InfernalNovus New Member

Thanks for the help guys. Do you think if I get to 65 show real I can entice sailors? Of course with GM made instruments.
  5. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

The more monsters you have to train discord off of, the faster it'll go up since its having to lose line of sight that makes it much longer than provo or other skills.

I just planted an alt account char at a spot where he was closest to all the the monsters so he took all the aggro, then my char in training could hide 100% as long as friended to the house. As long as another char keeps that aggro, or as wylwrk mentioned, staying provo'd onto each other, you can hide at will.
  6. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I used tamed pets to train disco, started with Ozzy's then Drake's and lastly dragons.
  7. enfieldTA

enfieldTA Member

8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Reading all the answers above, I ask myself “why is nobody answering the OPs questions?!?“ Does nobody know the answers or what?

*teacher mode on*

Barding skills are based on shown not real skill. Check the compendium for pirate sailors, iirc the barding difficulty of sailors is somewhere in the 90's 104 (two "real" sailors that I lored with animal lore had 101.8 and 103.0 barding difficulty by the way). THEORETICALY minus 25.0 of this value, meaning 79, should be the value with which success (and gaining chance) starts. But the stats of the monsters increase barding diff too, for some reason that I can't explain right now you roughly need 74-75 shown skill for sailors (value from experience). My guess is, that this 5% reduction is caused by the base success rate that you always have, independent of the monster's difficulty... but that's just a guess.

If you want to start afk training with sailors, you either need 74-75 shown skill, or you can decrease the difficulty by ten points (or five??) with the use of GM barding instruments (and switch to normal instruments once you hit ~75 shown skill).

*teacher mode off*
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. BlackEye

^ Updated/Edited @InfernalNovus ;)

But the result is the same, either start with ~75 skill points or decrease with GM instruments.
  10. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

double diff = ((m_Instrument.GetDifficultyFor( m_Creature ) + m_Instrument.GetDifficultyFor( creature )) * 0.5) - 5.0;

double diff = ((104) + (104)) *.5) - 5

double diff = 99

It is against the double diff that you apply the +-25, resulting in a lower limit of 74. Notice however both of the sailors you had were below 104 barding difficulty, which is why often people are able to start a little bit before 74 shown.
    BlackEye, InfernalNovus and ElleFeyRa like this.
  11. InfernalNovus

InfernalNovus New Member

Thanks for the help!

Gino
  12. BlackEye

Hey Elhorno, I know that formula for provocation, but have you ever understood why there is a - 5.0 in the end?

Anyway, according to the original code for peace and disco this holds true: double diff = m_Instrument.GetDifficultyFor( targ ) - 10.0;

This means, you should be able to start with peace or disco even with ~69 (in case this hasn't been changed on UOR, which only Telamon could confirm).
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I have no idea why that is there. Pretty random heh and it makes the system a lot less self intuitive since you have to do math before the +-25. Seems like they could just as easily subtract 5 from all creature difficulties. I guess disco/peace having a -10 modifier would mean you would still have -5 to make up.
    BlackEye likes this.