Epic Boss Challenge

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Arnold Lutz, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

The Epic Boss Challenge is less of a player event, and is more of a challenging goal for players to complete in PVM. The goal is to get some bodies out in the world farming, and to see how quickly it can be done. These can be done at any time, once your screen shots are posted you will be entered as a competitor. There will be 2 different challenges.

The Ultimate Dexxer Challenge
    The Dexxer challenge has 3 parts Bronze, Silver, and Gold. No one person can complete all 3 parts. So if you are going for the max prize, do not post completion of a lesser challenge, each person can only complete one.
    Dexxer challenges can only be completed with any template of character with a weapon skill (wrestling does not count) and without Taming or Provocation skills (discordance and peacemaking allowed).
    All bosses must be killed solo on the same character. Killing the boss is the challenge, not getting the boss to spawn, so the process of finding the boss can be done as you please. The kill must just be done solo and a screen shot date stamped. The trick is all of the screen shots must be in a 24 hour window to complete a challenge. Also post the character you finished on, with his/her template.
    Slayer weapons will help a ton. There is no harm in someone helping you get a boss to spawn, just as long is there is no help in the kill.

• Bronze - Kill one of each troll boss, with a Dexxer, solo in a 24hr period. Post a thumbnail gallery of your kills to complete.
    • Silver - Kill Revenant, Gamayun, a Grand Visor, and a Colossus with a Dexxer, solo in a 24hr period. Post a thumbnail gallery of your kills to complete.
    • Gold - Kill all of the monsters from the Bronze and Silver challenges plus a Dark One and an Azure Dragon with a Dexxer, solo in a 24hr period. Post a thumbnail gallery of your kills to complete.
    Monsters.JPG
    The Ultimate Dexxer Challenge Prizes!
    • Bronze - 25k This can be completed by 4 different people.
    • Silver - 50k This can be completed by 2 different people.
    • Gold - 200k and an agapite weapon of your choosing. This can be completed by 1 person.

The Two Man Mayhem Challenge
    The second challenge will be very difficult, and is a team challenge. In this challenge you can use any combination of any two character types you would like. If someone wants to 2 box for their two characters, they can, but it will make accomplishing it far more difficult.
    The goal will be in a 24hr period getting 12 bosses to spawn and be killed be this 2 man team. Both people do not have to be present at every kill, and people can use any character in their arsenal, as long as there is never more then 2 helping/healing/attacking the boss.
    Post thumbnail screen shots of all boss kills with a date stamp within a 24hr period.

Monsters2.JPG
    Two Man Mayhem Challenge Prizes!
    • 1st Team to complete - 400k and 40 plat +100k Donation CrazyDaze and Fooka Winners!
    • 2nd Team to complete - 200k and 20 plat +100k Donation
    • 3rd Team to complete - 100k and 10 plat +100k Donation
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Airin, Xavant_BR, Baler and 14 others like this.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey isn't the ophidian queen only in the tamers quest? Or have we gotten new boss monsters in the overworld that I wasn't aware of!?!?

Cool event BTW!
  3. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

IIRC, it spawns at Ophidian Lair.
    Andersonius likes this.
  4. Andersonius

It was just for the tamers event first though wasn't it?

The jungle titan etc. spawning in the overworld now?
  5. Arnold Lutz

The only boss from the tamer quest that i 100% no spawns in the overworld is Ophidian Queen, at its lair. There others dont, im assuming do to the fact ophids have a lair.
    Andersonius likes this.
  6. Andersonius

Interesting, I was unaware. I know that Chris was saying at some point they would be introduced. Good to know, thanks for the answers guys....sorry for the slight derail.
    Beethoven likes this.
  7. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

never seen two headed bohemoth in overworld either, not that its part of the challenge
  8. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This looks interesting!

Really unique idea for an event! Right on!

I'll be sure to let my ol' buddy Redding know about this... might tempt him back. ;)
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

I wish I had the time! Great idea though!!
  10. Arnold Lutz

Here is a sample for anyone thinking about trying. I did one today just to see how long and easier one would take.
    Completed The Ultimate Dexxer Challenge - Silver

Feb 11th On Kylie Lutz - http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/398239
    Kylie Lutz_2-11_07.30.jpg Kylie Lutz_2-11_10.15.jpg Kylie Lutz_2-11_12.50.jpg Kylie Lutz_2-11_13.12.jpg
  11. crazydaze

crazydaze Well-Known Member

Challenge accepted!!!!!

At the expense of event spawn as well...
  12. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

CrazyDaze and I would like to claim victory over the Mayhem Challenge. Twas a lot of tough work, and sadly there were some losses, but we ultimately snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. We would like to apologize to everyone for crashing the server today through our awesomeness as that occurred shortly after we claimed the last boss on the list. Without further ado, and in chronological order, our accomplishments!

We started with the Purveyor of Darkness, that bastion of ultimate evil. We relied on a fellow member of KoS to keep the horde at bay while we focused on the pinnacle of evil themselves

It was a tough battle while our dragons Pebbles, BamBam, Chuckoff, and Chuckit slowly ate away at the purveyor's health. It was a race against time as our supplies dwindled to keep our reptillian allies in the fight.

Ultimately our foe was vanquished and we were on to our next quarry.

Our next tactic was to split up and tackle some of the lesser foes on our own. CrazyDaze managed to come across a Beholder and gave battle with Pebbles and BamBam

While his combatant was determined, it was clear that the dastardly dragons of Daze were no match for it.

Finally, the Beholder was vanquished and one more of the vile fiends will trouble Sosaria no more.

CrazyDaze then struck again early this morning, finding the loath-able Ophidian Queen in her lair. He was trying to wish her a happy Valentine's day but she had other ideas...

She wanted his heart, literally! But our intrepid hero would not surrender so easily...

But alas, 'twas not true love she exhibited, and her advances failed and lead to her ultimate demise.

Next we teamed up again to bring down the Ogre Mage who had been rumored to lurk in the depth of Despise.

But together we made short work of him and his brethren and put a halt to their evil designs.

Next, it was my turn to take on some of the evil fiends of the world on my own. With my faithful companions in tow, we set out for Shame and to cleanse the world of the diseased blood elemental.

Chuckoff and Chuckit were primed and ready to go and set forth tearing apart the magical energies that gave the elemental corporeal form.

Finally, with our foe vanquished, we wasted no time beating a hasty retreat. We had more of Sosaria to liberate from fiends of purest evil.

Or next destination brought us to Destard, home of the wicked winged menace known as the Wyvern Monarch. Quickly, we set upon the beast.

It produced such a potent poison that at times we thought that Chuckit might kick the bucket! But we continued our onslaught.

Finally, her evil reign was brought to an end. We had terminated a third of the trio of evil in Destard.

Next, it was time for CrazyDaze and I to team up once more. While it may be my favorite color, the Azure dragon was not about to just stand by to be admired.

The four wyrmkind allies teamed up once more to take on one of their own who had fallen from the path of righteousness.

Finally, its flames doused, its magics countered, its claws blunted, the Azure dragon was put to rest.

At this point, CrazyDaze was in need of a breather from the whirlwind of killing we had embarked on. So I ventured forth once more, this time to Terathan Keep and to claim the life of the Terathan Infiltrator which made its home there.

Again faced with a foe which used poison to great effect, it was a constant struggle to keep my compatriots alive. At last I was able to play a tune to disrupt the Infiltrator's assault.

While even still it was a formidable opponent, it was eventually felled in front of the keep it had sworn to defend.

It was time to turn our attention to the last of the denizens of Destard which we had sworn to topple. The elder wyrm however had decided to have his friends prepared for the coming battle. Chuckoff was defeated completely and utterly, but his brother dragon Chucku took up the charge and swore revenge.

The elder wyrm missed his opportunity to take advantage of the young dragon's weakness, instead focusing on the battle-hardened BamBam.

Ultimately his strategy failed and he was brought down in all his pride. Our fellow Sosarians were beginning to notice our deeds and had come out to see the might beast slain at last.

We had no time to rest on our laurels. The end of our epic adventure was approaching. We received a tip that the arctic ogre mage which had bested CrazyDaze the previous night had returned. We hastily made our assault.

However, he had not forgotten CrazyDaze and made short work of him while fending off the onslaught from my dragons.

But in the end, we finally managed to bring his rampage to an end once and for all. We decided to split up again for the final two fiends on the list.

I managed to find my quarry first, the efreet sultan. He apparently had heard of our intentions and was cowardly trying to hide inside his hut.

But he was no match for the might of my deadly disco tunes and my devastating dragon duo!

Was it finally here? The last of our adventure? The penultimate perpetrator of pervasive perils? We joined forces once more to put an end to the dark one.

The last fiend on our list was determined to give us a fight, even calling upon his liche brothers and the aid of a silver serpent.

But like the eleven before him, he eventually met his demise at our hands. We had finally accomplished the feat we ourselves had doubted possible. We had triumphed over the twelve bosses of the mayhem challenge!

Thus our grand tale comes to an end. After beginning our expedition at 21:17:36 on 2/13, we completed the last of the challenge at 16:15:31 on 2/14. This was our third attempt at tackling the list after the other two met with challenges outside of Sosarian lands. Thank you for inspiring us to take on the toughest monsters in the land Arnold Lutz! Glory to CrazyDaze and Fooka! Glory to the Knights of Sosaria!
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  13. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member

Nice work guys!
  14. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Pretty cool stuff! Congrats :)
  15. crazydaze

Thank You Magician

Much obliged kind sir

Gotta give a +1 to Fooka for the forum post here. To me, the biggest task of it all. Kudos to you bro
  16. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Killer thread, +10000.
    For what it's worth, I have slain the Grand Visor of Chaos with my Parry Macer. It was a great challenge but definitely do-able.
    I also slayed the first Gamayun to ever spawn on the shard, with my 1x GM Naturalist character...it took like half an hour and a ton of bandages. :)
  18. crazydaze

Not quite sure why no one else has done this. I was half expecting to see some failed attempts or another group completing this event. It really wasn't as hard as it seemed. I'm not by any means saying it was easy, just not impossible.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  19. Arnold Lutz

Bump. This is still available for anyone to complete at anytime. CrazyDaze and Fooka are still the only ones whom have completed either challenges!
    Lightshade and Gideon Jura like this.
  20. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

The Knights of Sosaria are proud of their guild mates CrazyDaze and Fooka for succeeding in this undertaking. Unfortunately, their significant others PK'd them for ignoring them during this test of skill and patience. :eek:
    Vella likes this.