Era Accurate

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Not sure if this is already in effect, but this is Era Accurate if it's not.

Publish 16 - Changes to Felucca July 12-22, 2002

Changes to the consequences/conditions of the “Murderer” status
    *When a red character takes stat loss, all short term counts will be wiped.

So rather a red has 5 shorts or 300 shorts, choosing to take stat loss will wipe his short term clean.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16_-_Changes_to_Felucca

Which I will gladly take statloss and macro back up over night if this is the case.

Side note: Darkwing was nice enough to post this and I didn't even notice it.

So I can’t take stat loss in the Felucca dungeon/Lost Lands?

Nope! Even if you have short term murder counts and would typically take stat loss in the main Felucca area, you can die in the dungeon or Lost Lands server and be resurrected (somewhere outside Felucca's dungeons or lost lands) with no stat loss.
  2. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

Looks like they added this to help the PK's who Raided Champ Spawns ( which we don't have)
    also looks like there are different ruleset for mainland and Lost Lands (which we don't have)
    imho we do not have a large enough Player Base to to have these changes.
    looks like they kinda Trammelized the PK's here.

3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

1. They are adding champ spawns here
    2. Britannia is main lands, T2a is lost lands... This publish was during renassiance which this server is . If there was such a ruleset it's still era accurate,

Please explain how short terms being wiped when taking stat loss would have anywhere near an impact on this server if this was to change. Amount of players on this server has nothing to do with it in my eyes. I believe pks balance the economy of a server by making it a risk to farm, other wise all you have is a bunch of blues farming for hours with no risk getting rich and making gold not as valuable where as pks limiting this would in general make gold more valuable in the long run which in return would benefit this server alot.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Can we add everything else in that publish too?

From what I understand reading this thread and that publish article, the Lost Lands and its dungeons, effectively become no-short/no statloss lands?

Effectively, you can kill there and never take short counts and you can die (as a red, with short counts over 5) and not take statloss?
    I'm not sure how this is positive for the shard, but I don't really go to T2A anway. Leaving it as PK land is fine by me.
    Can we add these two along with these rules:
    1.When a non-Murderer is killed in the Dungeon/Lost Land areas of Felucca, all of the character’s items other than gold, gems, ingots, ore, leather, hides, wool, wood, boards, and cursed items will remain on their ghost (unlootable).
    2.When a Murderer is killed in the Dungeon/LL areas of Felucca, 50% of the character’s items (random result per item) other than gold, gems, ingots, ore, leather, hides, wool, wood, boards, and cursed items will remain on their ghost (unlootable).
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

If you want make a poll, since alot of that stuff was added in Public 16 that exist here today feel free to start your own era accurate forum to promote them, I am strictly posting something could be added, if you want to add the other stuff you are more then welcome to campaign it. Also this effects all Fel Dugeons not just t2a dugeons.

Here's a few things that we have now that was added from Pub 16:

1. The “bounty system” will be eliminated. (don't have one here )
    2. Several new rewards have been added to the Blacksmith’s bulk order system.
    3. Players will now be able to collect the following new stackable resource types. Spined, Horned, and Barbed leather, Bones .
    4.Players with an appropriate amount of tailoring skill will now be able to craft bone armor.
    5.Armor crafted with colored ore now yields better armor ratings the more rare the ore type.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16 There's alot more that this server has from public 16.

Preferably all i care about is pots, regs, armor and weapons to loot so if your ideas were added also I wouldn't have a problem with it, but then again i usally don't loot people all the time I pvp for the fun. I think it should be changed a little because it sounds like that would be promoting killing miners and crafters lol. So I guess anything in renaissance era is up for discussion, I know staff already made it clear though on power scrolls" I think " . I would not be opposed to crafter power scrolls to raise skills like blacksmithy, carpentry, tailoring etc to be able to craft stuff without failing as much as this would serve no advantage in pvp.
  6. Caly

Caly New Member

I think we should give the staff time to work on the champion spawns, that will bring something interesting in to fight over and will surely add alot of PvP, therefore I am against the suggestion at this point in time.
  7. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

There really is no time stamp on when this needs to be added but would like to see it added sometime in the future just as carpentry bod system that is being praised atm doesn't need to be added in asap as other things should be fixed first like everyday day mechanics people use every day like sync dumping which as of right now is still broke and some people aren't playing cause of it. So this can be on the same priority as the carpentry bod systems timeline in my opinion as neither or is a must have right now.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from but you really need to understand one thing that a lot of other people seem to understand, patience.
    This shard is young. MOST players here do not have finished PvP characters and have their eyes on other prizes that are of a higher priority, namely housing and supplies.

Trust me, I want to PvP. I am going to be in the tourneys, taking my licks. I'm going to be out way more often in Factions, taking my licks.
    Once Blaise is done I'll be slow-farming on my Dexxer because it's RP fun for me and I can fight back a little against the baddies of the world.

If these changes are implemented I would hope it is months and months down the line when the people who DIDN'T get here in Beta have time to get established and get trained up.

The order of character building for many UO players is based on who makes the most money out of the gate. We've all been dumping a ton of money into getting nice houses and sweet ass duds to sport while standing on our parapets. You know you do it and I do it too. We are well dressed and have lovely homes.

I'm nearly done building towns and finding enough purple sandals to be content, so I will be out soon.

I have 1 PvP character who is nearly complete. I have a second in the works and a red in a bit of stat. Give me some more time and we'll have our fights. If you want real FIGHTS you could be promoting some hosted tournaments or duelling sessions. In fact, look forward to that happening on the A^T Guild Hall roof sooner, rather than later.
  9. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

DV makes a strong case here I dont think its fair for yall to pick and choose the crafting stuff from the pub 16 and ignore some of the pvp/pk player interaction elements.

DarkWing is just off when he says we dont have champion spawns. We have already had several champion spawns and staff is planning on making champion spawns a regular thing.

Blaise says we need to confine pvp interaction in factions and duels and events. Thats fine but part of UO is the total freedom to do whatever. PKing is a fun part of the whole UO experience. I have a thread that discusses some options to PKing that should be taken seriously. DV points out, and rightly so, that even OSI recognized that there should be PvM events during which Reds are not as harshly penalized. Lets take that concept and implement it into our own shard. See link below.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1032&p=5399#p5399

I think DV's point should be taken very seriously and not just shot down by partisan opinions
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I never said this and have stated that I welcome PKs. I play UO because PKs exist and the risk is there.

I think that we're going to find the best PvP in Factions, Guild Wars and Order/Chaos. PKing is the dark side of player versus player because they target the weak.

Player Killing is fun for the player killer. It is GRIEF. It should carry weight to it so that people aren't just willy nilly killing whoever the hell they feel like.

I agree the flow of ideas is necessary but I do not feel that free time for PKs is appropriate or necessary.
    I would not be upset if there were a double-loot hour where PKs don't take shorts. I just wouldn't play outside at that time.
  11. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Two words ( Era Accurate) can argue with that but it's written right there in stone. Pks can res out of stat if they die in any fel dungeons or T2a lands. If they die in the mainlands (outside of fel dungeons) they get short times and have to res in stat or macro kills off. I don't know how I take this conversation any further now it's just arguing with OSI mechanics the way it was.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Trammel is also era-accurate.
    This is NOT UOSA, nothing is written in stone. This shard is not bound by era-accuracy and the majority of things brought on in this era were for Trammel or a result of it.
    Removing statloss from PKs was softening the blow of taking away the vast majority of their victims by giving them Trammel.
  13. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Doesn't have to be uosa. I've made that argument manytimes that this isn't ear accuracy to the tee and I got shut down everytime I said that. Era accuracy is something to go by. The server from the get go never intended on trammel, so as I see it the pk statloss thing is up for discussion since it's era accurate. There's alot of era accurate stuff on here and theres a few era accurate things that have been added & tweaked like pet bonding but the argument has been that Pks ALWAYS took stat loss and this proves that wasn't true that back in the day on osi during renassiance pks had a change to staloss. However people can't post ideas and say this is era accurate add it then say oh well this isn't an era accurate server, it's highly perfected so we don't have to add it in, Playing two sides of the feild. The way I see highly perfected as you take something that was during that time and perfecting it the way it was suppose to be, Taking the pk statloss option out isn't highly perfecting it , it's taking it out all together.
  14. Messiah

Messiah New Member

I like the ideas they have on the other thread so I guess there is a way for everyone to get what they want. Nice find though by the way on the era accurate stat loss thing, I totally forgot about that.
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  16. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the overall aim of the shard is to perfect the era not to be era accurate till were blue in the face.
    Cheers
  17. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

1 - As I pointed out long ago in another old thread on a different subject, Publish 16 is not Renaissance era. It was introduced several months into the Lord Blackthorn's Revenge expansion, which came after Third Dawn, which came after Renaissance. Yes there are several changes from Publish 16 active here, but that's staff's decision which trumps era accuracy. You can't use 'era accuracy' as a launching pad for something that's not actually from the era.

2 - The era in-accuracy aside, I would argue that change is as inextricably linked to the existence of Trammel as double resources/increased high-level monster spawn in Felucca was. OSI realized that many players needed/wanted a place to get away from the rampant PKing, thus Trammel: a way of attracting and keeping newer and more sociable players. But blue players weren't going to Felucca too much afterwards, were they? Which left the reds out in the cold and, no matter how much blame you want to lay on them for the direction things went. they were also paying customers and thus OSI had to try to not completely alienate them. So they dangled big bait in Felucca for blue players while simultaneously reducing penalties against red players as a way of saying 'See? We're trying to keep it interesting for you too!'.

That said... even though I disagree with DV, he made a calm and rational point and backed it up with information. Good stuff.
  18. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Zaqyq is correct in his analysis of the core goal of the Renaissance server. How would the Renaissance era have been without trammel? So when reviewing something like this we would apply that same logic to it. At face value this seems to be directly linked to trammel and champion spawns.

Another note is that unlike other servers, Renaissance currently does not have daily downtime. And while our previous host was iffy when allowing you to stay connected for extended periods of time. Our new host allows you to easily stay connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A casual player can macro off 21 counts a week without having to get up at 6am server time to log in.

In one month you could work off 75+ counts without very much trouble

Take Vajingo for example. He currently has 38 long term accounts and only 8 short term counts. Since we implemented the kill tracking system on 11/23 he has killed 27 players. Yet he is only at 8 short term counts. As our most active player killer, he could die today, and resurrect in under 2 days without stat loss.

So on that level several posters are correct, the patch 16 adjustments are for a problem that does not currently exist, and possibly will never exist unless certain players take it upon themselves to kill a truly large amount of other players.

On another note currently only Vajingo, and Apu Llyap'a have killed another player while in the field with more than 5 short term counts. You can review this information on the combat leader board.

Thanks for the detailed information DV/Darkwing
  19. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

There's a ton of stuff that's on this server that wasn't added till publish 16 so saying the Pk stat loss thing isn't era accurate but the other stuff is when they both came at the same publish doesn't make sense at all . I respect that you have your own opinions on the matters So I'm gonna just hope the Buccs den idea happens, which isn't era accurate but I'll take what I can get if it does.
  20. Eisensaft

Eisensaft New Member

I don t think we should encourage macroing of shortterms over night, since we like the planet we live on and should not totally waste its resources.

(And letting the computer on over night is a complete waste, since its not even bringing fun for the player)

You may call me a hippie now.