ETA on Halloween

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Baine, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not coming off as impatient or anything because that's not my intention. I know the staff is busy and I love what you guys bring to us :)

but... I was wondering when the graveyard spawns and town invasions are set to begin.

Thanks!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Last year was around the 24th. I would expect something similar maybe.
    Lightshade and Baine like this.
  3. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

That would be the last day of my work outage. I might actually be around for one this time.
    One likes this.
  4. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

@Chris can you confirm?
  5. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

it was 2 weeks ago, your late to the party bro.
    BlackEye likes this.
  6. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

LIES!!
    PaddyOBrien and Kronankronterog like this.
  7. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

I'm new to UO: R - What can I expect for Halloween Festivities? Do I need to be a 7x GM in order to participate in anything good? I don't have but 2 characters yet and neither are built fully yet (still Young in Occlo)

I just dunno if I'll have to wait til next year to really get into it?
  8. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You can participate with whatever, but if you make a character with healing, antatomy, tactics and a weapon skill (preferably swordsmanship with lumberjacking) you will have a much better time. Also, familiarize yourself with the restock agent. This is, of course, assuming the event is similar to years past.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You have a blacksmith with mining, right?

You will be VERY POPULAR should you attend the halloween survival event by supplying people with armor and weapons that you craft from materials scavenged throughout the area. I brought a pure crafter last year and it was very intense!
    ReZon and Lord Krake like this.
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Halloween lands on the 31st.

Hope I was able to help.
    Basoosh, amfeKk, ReZon and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Don't expect to get any holiday coins without begging for tips in the lobby after the event. You can do very well if you do, but may get nothing if you don't.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Depends on who you play with...
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I got coins for crafting via the system, not from players. Bowcrafting being an exception. Chris hinted that was to be resolved this year.
    Again... You can and will receive holiday coins as a crafter via the scoreboard. Spend your entire time grinding out items that don't go to players and you'll be rewarded in kind for your lack-of-effort though. A character that can craft and fight is a great combination as you get on the scoreboard for both efforts.

NoH was designed at it's core as a group effort with designated roles. Just ask the players that did the testing... A team that quickly gathers materials for a crafter that makes a predetermined list of items, distributes, and then quickly makes rounds to each boss supporting one another as a team will do very well.

Solo will likely return a soloer's effort as a reward. That being, "a little something".

So, as I was saying to our new player @Ikibahd if you do retrain your blacksmith for battle mining it'd be a pretty good character for Night of Horrors being able to gather resources, craft, and fight. It'd be even better on a team.
    BlackEye likes this.
  14. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I knew it!
  15. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

My LJ (PQ) last year was only a 2x gm going into NOH. Swords and Anat. Tactics was in late 90's, LJ was around 60, resist was around 55 (before I attended any fresist), healing was around 60-70. I also ran solo every night except for 2 that I did with my son. I think I ended up being like 44th on the total leaderboard. The key to those events is doing any and everything to get points, hit monsters, hit often, and do NOT worry about dieing. Also, with any of the boss monsters get in there and hit, the more hits you get the higher you go. Just stay active and fighting and you will do well. One night I was soloing Frankenstein for about 3 deaths before anyone else finally showed up...then seconds later there were 1.1 billion people there.

EDIT - Just checked leaderboard and it says I was 68th place (not 44) out of 400 ish players. Weird, Maybe the last time I had checked the last few rounds had not posted.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016