Event Schedule Question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by MrCandyMan, Aug 16, 2017.

1. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

Hello everyone!

My question is simple, is the event schedule here (http://uorenaissance.com/eventschedule/EST) accurate? If not, what is the actual schedule?

I really enjoyed participating in these events in the past, and I seem to remember them sticking to the schedule. Over the past few weeks I have noticed that they aren't happening hardly at all, unless I'm missing something.
    Crunk Juice likes this.
  2. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm sure due to the recent short staffing and the tons of hours being put into the up coming anniversary and scavenger hunt they will be back on schedule in a few weeks. I would give up ctf matches for a pair of new sexy blue anniversary sandals any day.
    MrCandyMan likes this.
  3. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

I know for the year or so I've been here, that schedule was never accurate.
    MrCandyMan and Blaise like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

There was a problem with the CTF event last week that required a server restart to address. The times are correct, however sometimes we vary the events depending on what is going on in the world. Sometimes a 4 team CTF might be a 2 team CTF, and sometimes wednesdays 2v2 will be a 1v1. Most of the time we add an extra event if the players are interested after the first.

That said with the upcoming event, player runs events, town invasions etc. The staff events will always be postponed to allow those to take place.

We welcome player opinions on scheduling and times that you would like to see more events of this sort. However our goal is to encourage players to run events themselves whenever possible with the automated events serving as backup. For years players have run events like fishing tournaments, fight nights, summoners sprints etc.

We are working towards a better way of players letting the staff know about events like this so we can find a way to alert players to them.
    http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-website-news-player-submission-thread.25937/

Also Welcome to UO Renaissance!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the day when it is though.
    MrCandyMan likes this.
  6. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

Thank you for the quick response!

I didn't even think about the possibility of the Player-Run and Staff-Run events overlapping! Sorry about that. And I also didn't mean to dismiss the work you and your staff put forth on other events unrelated to the event schedule.

The times that are on the website for the events look good to me, I should be able to participate in quite a few of them when they become more frequent.

I'll try to be more mindful of the rest of the servers activities as well as participating in these events in the future.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work :D
  7. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

Lastnight CTF was good timing, for multiple reasons ;)
  8. Crunk Juice

Not for me. Sign ups just closed when I got on. Missed the last few of them.
  9. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

When were they?!?
  10. Crunk Juice

think it was around 10pm central tues night