Exploiting bugs instead of reporting them

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Tater Salad, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

First getting a blue into a faction base, then when tried to attack get guardwacked?

[​IMG]

now you can gate inside faction bases?

[​IMG]

You are supposed to report bugs, not exploit them. Wonder why you got banned from other servers?

Too bad you are all friends with Temalon so it will probably continue and this shard will be awesome...
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This has been reported for quite some time. Also, when you attack a blue in guardzone, you get guardwacked. Exploiting? I suppose you forget about SL luring faction guards into their own base for defense (as im quite sure you remember) which is also exploiting then. Also, I've never been banned from a single shard. And Telamon actually dislikes me quite a bit.
  3. HateCrime

Also, I cannot help if the bases are not set up properly. I in no way did anything special to get around the rules currently in place. I recalled in and gated out on my blue, nothing special there.
  4. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wait... You are not allowed to enter faction bases unless you are in a faction. Please let this stand as proof of this exploit, with a fix to it soon. *crosses fingers* Least of all, I do recall that faction bases previously were not under guard's protection however, they are still under guard's protection here.
  5. Tater Salad

Renaissance Volunteers

Well if it has been reported for some time why isn't it fixed? Why is it a guard zone? Your cheaters, you cheated before and will cheat again given the chance. Have fun. I wouldn't be surprised if you are using the playuo client you said you had in vent a few months back.
  6. HateCrime

rofl. I've never stated to have any special client, nor do I hang in vent with any of you. Ive never been banned, and I've never cheated. Your upset that the server mechanics allowed me to recall a blue into a faction base and sit there afk while running around on my factioner.... Sounds like a sob story to me.
  7. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

There's a bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed still. That "exploit" has been reported. Also your SL guards shouldn't be able to run to the back of our base yet that happened. I'm just stating that stuff needs fixing, and there's better ways to address issues than making rage posts about it lols
  8. HateCrime

Learn the basic mechanics of UO... Faction bases that are IN TOWN are GUARDED. When you attack a blue there, you die. You don't see me rage posting about all your faction guards killing me in the base a few minutes ago do you? Nor am I posting pictures about that? This is clearly a useless rage post. And the only person proven to be cheating was your buddy and SL mate DV. Telamon has also stated that any of those cheat clients are easily detectable.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You know I love to stick my nose into other people's shit piles, so I'm curious. If you knew this was a problem, why then are you using/abusing it?
    Generally speaking, if an exploit or bug is found it is best to NOT take advantage of it before it is fixed. This doesn't seem to be the case here, unless I'm missing something.
  10. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

The only people who were "cheating" on other servers were myself, sandro, and sinister because we used a bug that had been reported on UOSA to dupe gold using an NPC theif. That's completely irrelevant and shouldn't be brought here, but we don't use cheat programs and we don't go around "cheating." It was a one time deal, get over it. That also doesn't make other people who play with us, including hatecrime, to be responsible for the same actions. You sound like one of those noobs that rages every time he dies and starts tossing "hax" "omg cheaters" accusations left and right. You're spinning a story to fit your "cheaters" argument simply because you're mad that you got killed. Nevermind the fact that you exploited a bug to get him killed, yet he didn't come on here spewing off BS.
  11. HateCrime

I suppose when Bart and Tater recall out of SL base (not supposed to work this way, let this stand as proof of an exploit) that that is ok then, however if I gate out of my base, BIG NO NO!!! Staff must be riding my nuts if I'm allowed to gate.
  12. HateCrime

Bart and Tater can recall in/out of their base, yet I cant gate out of mine? I'm confused. And they can lure guards into their SL base and into my base (exploit) yet that is ok? I'm catching grief for recalling into a base and afking? This is clearly a fail/rage post. Also in reponse to taters playuo statements. Ive never used that program nor had I even heard of it before your buddy was busted for using it. Also, if I did choose to use some fail program the last thing I would do is hop in vent with my enemies and tell everyone about it. Fucking scrub.

I will fight any of you SL cronnies and record it all (including logging into razor) should you feel that I truly use an unapproved program to best you in the field.
  13. bart simpson

14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My buddy? What are you even talking about? If you're talking to Tater about DV, I'm pretty sure it was AssistUO he was caught using. I have no idea what playuo is.

I don't know the details of who can Recall/Gate where, nor do I know how it should have been. I'm just curious how anyone is using things known to be a problem and claiming their not exploiting that problem for their own personal gain.

Why would you be in the CoM base on your non-CoM character, when you know you're not supposed to be able to be?
  15. HateCrime

I realize that the pictures have been cropped enough to prevent your view, however I was dead on my factioner in the base because of an exploit SL used to bring faction guards inside, as you can see in the pictures, the other CoM members were running out trying to escape these guards. I came in on my tamer to loot my body as an exploit was used to kill me. Seems fair in my book. You still ignore the fact of any of tater/barts exploits. Should I need to post screenshots of us being surrounded by tater/bart and faction guards as we die INSIDE of our base, I can gladly do that. My screenshots show the entire base and show that my tamer was not there (not until after my death). I came in on my tamer and looted my body, then I went afk on that client as I hunted for a healer in town. ( this is when tater tried pking me in town and was guardwacked) I couldnt find one, so I brough my character back(dead) and gated out with my tamer so that I could rez. I did nothing gamebreaking and did nothing to take advantage of the current mechanics that would hurt anybody elses play. I simply recalled in and gated out after being killed to an exploit that actually deserves the attention that me casting the gate spell is receiving.
  16. bart simpson

Alright not to beat a dead horse here... Tater placed guards in the town of Magincina, at the exit of the CoM base. Upon seeing opposing faction members (CoM guys) they attacked!!!! Since they were aggroed on you, as you know they follow you closely. With guards following CoM players, you guys ran into the base. Tater and I did not place guards inside the CoM base. They were placed outside and you guys ran into the base with them following you...
  17. HateCrime

This may be so, however they were placed there with that intention in mind. Regardless, I died to a "bug" then, and used a so called "bug" to get my stuff. Also, SL lured countless guards into their base in the past to help them guard sigils, and I've watched you all recall out of your base (same thing as me gating or recalling in/out). So I'm curious as to why I'm the one coming under fire as an "exploiter" ? And the title of this post is clearly incorrect. I have reported these issues as have other people. I stand by the fact that I did nothing harmful or sneaky to break any rules. This is clearly a rage post because tater managed to guard wack himself. Me grabbing my things on a blue character so I wasnt instantly raped by you and all of the guards when I came in on another CoM character is not a bad thing. And I sure as hell didn't see you or tater stop trying to rape us as the guards were all over in our base (and you know they shouldn't be).
  18. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This should not be possible by normal means, however is currently possible due to an error in the region layout for faction strongholds of the True Britannians & Council of Mages factions by RunUO default. Because of this error, a number of faction-related anomalies have occurred. I'll expand on this in detail as best as possible.

The problem related to both of these issues, is the lack of proper layering of the faction stronghold regions. In the case of Magincia & the Council of Mages faction stronghold, a portion of the stronghold itself is not defined as a faction stronghold, but is instead being defined as the normal city of Magincia. This itself is a problem in multiple aspects, as it allows the marking of runes in areas which are not intended to be allowed, as well as other activities such as the use of the gate-travel spell. The same error exists for the TB faction, though I won't expand on how non-faction member entry is obtained there.

Additionally, the "tiles" that are not layered properly inside these strongholds inherit their normal city attributes. Because of this, the protection of the town-guards extend to areas they should not (faction strongholds are not guarded regions), and attacking an innocent player in these locations (non-faction members normally can never enter these regions) would yield the response of the town-guards. Furthermore, because certain tiles are being defined as the city itself, it is possible to hire faction guards & vendors in these locations, since at the moment those "tiles" are technically the "faction city" itself. Also, the faction guards should not be able to cross over the border-lines between their faction city & the faction stronghold.

This is something we've been aware of before the creation of this thread, however was not of the highest priority on the development table.

Faction strongholds are not guarded regions.

The spreading of misinformation has to date, been the leading cause of forum & IRC bans.
  19. HateCrime

Owned again. Does it hurt yet Tater?
  20. Tater Salad

Renaissance Volunteers

What being threatened to ban me from something I just rage quit from?

The only thing that hurts is your continued infection of what is otherwise a great community. As a direct result of your actions and play style I overheard two players shard shopping to find something fun for them to play. Great job growing the population.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.