Faction Account Limit

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was thinking that we should be allowed to have two characters in the same faction per account.

I figured we have the faction limit because people would log off and then get on another and not deal w/ stat loss.... but if you make stat loss effect all faction chars on the account..... then you don't really need to limit the account to one character per account....

Given the fact that the server is smaller than OSI servers, we got to split up the various roles of different faction characters between less people. Factions need the following templates for different purposes and different times.

Theif
    Dexxers
    Mages
    Tamers
    Craftsmen

With fewer people and fewer accounts its harder for factions to fill all those roles when we have an account limit and it limit. I think it would be cool, if its possible, to have mutliple faction guys on an account and just have stat loss hit the entire account.
  2. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

I agree. I would like to add my thief to the faction, but my mage is already in it.
  3. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I would initially like to agree with this as well.

At first look, I like the idea. I reserve the right to play devils advocate at a later date if I come up with some downsides that would somehow give an edge to Faction play in this manner.

I would have to say it would have to be the Same Faction if on the same account though.
  4. Marvaless

Marvaless New Member

If limit is raised then every single player would have a thief, pvp char, possibly a mule in factions as well. That's the reason for the limit. You need to pick and choose what you really want to play with. Now if the limit was raised and there was a limit on amount of thieves/mules in each faction per members of the faction then I think that would be cool. You could have multiple pvp chars but mules/thieves would still be limited depending on how many members the faction has.
  5. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

I can somewhat agree with that... I personally want a higher limit just so I can slip in a tank, a dexer, and a pure mage. I don't see why I (or anyone) should not be allowed to have more fighters per account
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

There are people that cant pvp but love crafting, Im sure you could get them to help out your faction. Thieves should be limited due to low population. I dont think there needs to be more added, you can already join with 2.
  7. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Not in factions yet but I agree, I also think you should only be aloud to join the same factions on the same account so you don't have a minax, SL, TB, & Com thief all the same account to steal sigs back and forth when it suits you.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I disagree with the idea because I think that having more than two faction characters per actual player is excessive. I personally feel that more than one per actual player is excessive. If you die in a Faction fight, that 20 minute nerf is intended to give a window of opportunity to the opposing faction to carry out their tasks. If you can just log your alt and be back in the fight, it defeats the purpose. I hear what you're saying about nerf the account(s) when skill loss occurs, but really, that's not very feasible or, in my opinion, appropriate.

If you can't build everything you need for factions yourself, that forces teamwork and coordination to make sure you have a good spread of skills within the faction.

In good time, with enough new players coming on board, this will pick up and you'll have less reason to need more faction characters.
  9. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

2 toons per account same faction with account stat /signed

not everyone got 50+ member guilds, nor do most wish to be hehe ;)
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I suppose I'd be on board if you were not allowed to have characters in opposing factions on your own account(s). Still sticking with my original opinion, but I'll support this change for those who really want it as it won't be a terrible impact.
  11. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Personally I only agree with 2/account for greedy reasons. I want to have an extra faction toon to farm silver off mobs. But beyond that, there really isn't a reason for 2 on the same account. I correct myself, having an extra slot so that you can have a faction crafter would be a reason, but by not having that option, it forces us to weigh our priorities in the characters we actually create for Faction play.
    For my selfish farming reason, I support 2 SAME FACTION characters per account. But, I totally agree that this is an unnecessary change if it came around.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hella this: "it forces us to weigh our priorities in the characters we actually create for Faction play."
  13. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

I think everyone agrees that you should not be allowed to have opposing factions and that stat loss should be account wide. I think Jukebox said it best 'Not everyone has huge guilds that can cater to all the necessities that each faction has in order to be competitive.' I para phrase

Something to consider. Some people do not want a lot of faction chars and thats fine, but some people want to pvp. I have lots of PvPers on my two accounts and those chars are either going to Faction or PK.... so If you want less PKs then you need to let us have more factions.... its quite simple.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The size of the guild is an irrelevant point. If you need more people, you'll have to recruit some or wait patiently for more people to get on the shard (go promote the shard).
    Adventure Time is the size that is it because we brought a ton of people with us and we were a huge guild before we got here.
    Allowing you multiple alt factioners to compensate for the size of your guild(s) is not the answer, in my opinion.

Also, PvP will be going on quite a bit outside of Factions with warring guilds, C/O and EVENTS!!!!! (can't effing wait!!!)

Furthermore, please, make more PKs. ;)
  15. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

*Smacks forehead*
  16. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I say keep it limited so people have to pick what is needed for their faction. Would I add 4 faction characters? Hell yeah, but it would be mostly for myself, not the team.