Faction Remove Trap Template / training Remove Trap

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Paradigm, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Has Anyone tried to train remove trap since the new update? I am wondering the best way to do it.

I am in need of a lot of crafting supplies, so I was thinking about going ahead and making my faction trapper and raising my tinkering making bod tools. I don't want to end up with GM Tinkering and 0 Remove trap and all along I needed to raise both skills at the same time in tandem. I have seen other places that perhaps the best way is to trap and untrap your own boxes all the way to gm tink/remove.

in addition, what do you guys think the best options for a trapper would be?

These seem mandatory:
    100 Hiding
    100 Stealth
    100 Detect
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Tinker
    x Magery

Optional:
    Resist
    Alchemy
    Tracking
    Lockpicking
    ?
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Tinkering and Remove Trap can be raised relatively simultaneously, up through 98.0 Remove Trap skill. From 98.0 to 100.0, you need to remove traps of level 4 treasure map chests, and/or level 4 dungeon chests. Level 3's may work as well, but gains would be even slower than they are for level 4's.

The move from 98 to 100 is cosmetic, at the moment, though. Failing to remove a trap won't damage you, and any trap you can remove at 98 can be removed basically just as easily as at 100. I mean, success rate might move from 66% to 72%, or something like that. I am speaking of dungeon chests, but I assume the same is true for faction traps.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They need to remove Tinkering requirement for remove faction trap.