Factions Question?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Lightshade, Jan 19, 2015.

1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Looking at the past few threads, and the past few months, can you honestly say that the pvp community is in a good place right now?

Wise words from a pillar of the community, everybody.
    This is truly the mindset that we need people to have so that we can fix things.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You speak a lot about the community and I see very few olive branches around here, outside of my own hands, these days. I have the capacity to forgive anyone and everyone and move on. Sadly, almost no one is on board with that. Grievances get dragged on for ages and while I forgive, forgetting is foolish and I won't be abused for my ability to accept peoples' failures.

The mindset you have is that people should all rush out to the field to fight. Despite the fact that any time a loser in a fight says "boo", you'll go to every extent to make every encounter miserable for them going forward. So what I can honestly say is that the PvP scene is exactly the same festering shit pile I have seen since I returned to UO some four years ago. People decide who to hate because they got mad when they died and then it's all about how can we put the hot pokers on this guy so we have someone to mock when they get even more mad. Don't worry, you're not alone. It's practically everyone in the game and if you've seen otherwise in some other place, I would be truly surprised. I guess I'm just always going to feel terrible for how we treated people like NoxMage and others who may have been foulmouthed bastards but were actively seeking combat at least. We'd put the pokers to them, loot their houses, trash barrel their shit and I guess I'm just a pussy. That stuff doesn't make me feel like I'm having fun in the game it makes me feel like a fucking asshole.

I've tried to get into PvP in earnest because I love the rush of a good fight. I don't get a rush out of being an asshole. It's the nature of this game I guess and the allure to so many, because they can take a beating to the next level. I'm not only kicking your ass but I'm taking your wallet, then your car keys, driving to your house, kicking your friend's asses and I'm going to do it next week and the week after that, because I can. Also, get good and get bigger friends so you don't get your ass kicked so much, noob.

That is the UO PvP community.
  3. napo

napo Well-Known Member

a few points -

1) You claim to be a person who fosters civility and gets over grudges, but I really haven't seen much to show for this other than words. Words are cheap.
    You are the one that shows up to threads dragging up old grudges, you do very little to foster any kind of civility, and you are so contrarian that you are willing to argue with any statement no matter how innocuous as long as it is from someone you dislike.

You talk a lot about forgiveness out of one side of your mouth, but out of the other you are dragging up old grievances that weren't even alluded to before you showed up and talking about how much you enjoy your grudge with Liberation.

You could do a big favor to the pvp community (which you don't participate in other than to argue and stir shit) by shutting up and getting out of the way for once.

2) Your approach to pvp is also one I do not agree with. You are like a person who joins a counterstrike server and goes "hey why did you assholes shoot me". People like Noxmage joined factions and signed up for this shit. It's not schoolyard bullying.
    I could see it if we were picking on RPers, but most of the players here go to lengths to make sure that pvpers aren't taking a shit on bystanders.
    Those that do make a habit of shitting on bystanders are people you defend a lot more than you attack.

3) Things are stagnating. You weren't there to notice, but the latest harrower should have been an eye opener to how badly things are stagnating. A majority of the people who are still active were there on multiple accounts, and there weren't that many people there. The grudges on this server are quite severe and they trickle down from the top of the pvp community to all aspects of the game. These days people are shitting on RPers because they associate with SL. Doesn't that strike you as a problem?
    Mes likes this.
  4. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I think we all are guilty of stirring the pot every chance we get. I try my best to keep my mouth shut but sometimes I get, or my friends, get dragged through the mud for no reason. If I get out of hand it's typically because I was provoked. I'm not one for holding onto grudges or to continue dredging up the past but for behavior like this to stop it needs to happen by all sides here.

Things are stagnating and it's something I brought to light on a previous thread, a thread where I had great intentions and got shat on anyway.

RPers might be getting picked on because they associate with SL or are SL alts, I can believe that. I can also believe that a new player had their entire house looted because they associated with ebola too.

Everyone is in this thread pointing fingers at each other, rightfully so, and I'm willing to be it'll never stop. There are too many egos at stake here.

I'm always willing to shake hands and call it a day but I'm also a realist and know that sometime in the future I'll get dragged through the mud again simply because I hue orange instead of green.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I will argue my viewpoint with anyone, no matter how much I like them. If you haven't noticed that, you're blind or ignorant. In fact, some of my most enjoyable heated discourse has been with some of my closer friends here. There are no people here that I will not just say what I think to. From Telamon all the way down to the next person to sign up here. I'm willing to argue with anything I disagree with or would like to explore the other side of if I don't feel that it is the only way. There is no one that I won't talk to again. My worst enemies in UO aren't even remotely on the radar of people I would shut out of my life...because it's a fucking video game. If Double Vision showed up, I'd bust his balls for old time's sake but welcome him home and hope that he picks up where he left off, with 9 Tailors and a stun mage. Same with Mutombo or anyone else, as has been seen time and time again with people I have interacted with in game, IRC or forums. :p Fucking lighten up a bit already.

You're right that I don't participate in the PvP community, any more. I have stepped in several times and had some fun here and there. I always foster acceptance of play styles, even if I don't agree with them, unless they are breaking the rules. Get this though...I have been out of the way for a long while now. What seems to be the problem? I'm just having conversations that have literally 0 impact on what you are doing in the game.
    I never question why I'm being attacked in combat. That is ridiculous and I'd love for you to tell me when you've seen any examples of this. I actually get into combat to get attacked and do my best to win. I'm pretty damn bad at it, so it's taking a lot of time to get anywhere but basic survival is pretty good these days. Being better at fighting wouldn't make me feel any different about how I treat other players in game. I'm the stupid ass who would tell you your house was unlocked instead of looting it. I EV'ed Turalton's fortress once and realized it was probably the most malicious thing I had ever done in UO. I actually felt shitty for that..and rightly so. I mean the guy was a prick to me, but I don't think he deserved everything he got here, my shit included. Therein lies the difference and that's fine. I don't think you should stop playing or leave or anything, I just think that the UO PvP community is what it makes of itself in the field, not forums or IRC.

As for stagnating PvP, I've been hearing that for 4 years now on two separate shards. It is what you make of it. Foster what you want and it should grow, right?
  6. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

No, you are a contrarian that will argue with any position as long as it is against your enemies. You argue without any concern for truth seeking or morality or honesty. You have and will say anything to twist arguments to suit your debate and you will berate someone for what you yourself are doing in the prior sentence. If someone comes to a thread and lays out honest points you will tell them to 'eat a bowl of dicks.' You will call someone a faggot and use the excuse that you were once called a faggot and that it's okay for you to say it, but they are condemned for saying it in the first place. You claim that you are a straight shooter and not biased in your judgments, but you outright lie about the intentions and actions of your buddies in every thread. You claim that you hold no grudges and foster good will in one sentence and in the next you admit that you gladly hold personal grudges that motivate your actions.

You simply advocate against us because Liberation kicked you out of an IRC channel nine months ago and you're so small you cannot get over it to this day. You are a loud, annoying tool used by bart to drown out these discussions with word salad. You think you are delivering speeches like benito mussolini but everyone else sees a loud, pompous prince joffrey.

You are as fake and insincere as bart. But not half as smart about it. You speak with conviction but make no attempt at honesty. If you left this forum permanently the shard would be the better for it. Staff has at times asked me to report you if you were being obnoxious. Apparently they believe your only usefulness is blind loyalty. You have worked your ass off to avoid your real life job and family to post on this forums and knowingly spread untruths about us. All because you are too petty to get over getting ousted from our group - something that you know happened for good reason when you set your foot down about wanting to let bart into a circle of friends that did not like or trust him. And you've succeeded in some ways by the sheer volume of your posts, but by no small help of your butthurt friends. I've had Telamon say we were exactly like cr3w and just want him to take our side in some tug of war for the staff's approval. What a joke with their history and illegitimacy (that you downplay.) I have had Gideon say he highly suspected all of us of using hacks - when you could easily have cleared the air about our strict commitments to not cheating or scamming. I see people say that SL zergs factions the way you zerg CTF - obviously people that have never factioned. They just assume it's true because of how many times you and your sore loser friends repeat it. You attempt to rewrite history by publishing as many lies as you possibly can whenever we butt heads. You're actually the smallest person I've ever encountered. And I still feel a bit bad and try to assume you project angst from your real life insecurities in these threads. But you're intolerable, and frankly, I wish some moderator would stop sparing the rod and put your spoiled ass in line.
    Kane and Random like this.
  7. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

This is better than reality TV
    Tuco and Cynic like this.
  8. The hound

The hound Active Member

Uor pvp found daily in the uor forums

There's tons of it
    Mandevu likes this.
  9. Var

Var Active Member

Ultimate UOR Combo

*load other's guy quote, drop screenshot, finish with verbal garbage*
    *spam refresh on forums for lightning fast counter attack*

Pro tip- stay out of game unless for CTF for max security.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Haha, Mes, why so mad? Have you ignored the heated debates I've gotten into with Gideon, Avery or others that I consider close friends? You don't have to answer, because it's totally fucking obvious that you only see things through your own shitstained glasses.

Now you're on some warpath to make me out as dishonest and if anything, that's only making you look like the fucking turd you've always wanted to be. Go ahead bro, take the kid gloves off. No one cares. I was talking shit about you PKing the day you got here, and the PKing habits of the group when I was in it, as well as after I left. I left of my own accord because Liberation continually disrespected me and no one gave a shit but me. When I left after the last time, no one cared as much as they did about whoever that noname was that you invited in a long time ago. They got kicked around and you were all about sucking their dick to get them to come back. It's cool though, you can make up all the stories you like about me. I could honestly not care less at all because we all know who the liars are here and I'm most definitely not one of them. If you could actually pony up anything I've done or said that is a lie and not sarcasm, I would be impressed.

I will call you a Mes all day after that time in the tourney and absolutely have no problems talking shit in game because it's funny. You acted like you're high and mighty, but showed up with a group of "pvpers" to a tournament you knew you'd lose, so you didn't sign up and stood around talking shit. Why? Because the tournament was attempting to fill the void left by the cessation of Grimoire events. You were bitter, didn't like the people hosting and decided to douche out. No bigs, that's UO, more power to you, Mes.

So you can call me anything you like, but a liar I am not. I may be brazen, pigheaded at times and an asshole but dishonest is something I will never be.

For what it's worth, I've lost more CTF games than you seem to understand and hardly team up for a sure win as much as others. I know that doesn't suit your stance though, so just stay a Mes.

I also defended you in conversation with Gideon when he made those accusations to me as well. See if I give any fucks if you believe me, or him if he tells you that too. I take it your new spokesman is having a hard time finding his "people" a new home, if you're still here humping my dick?
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. The hound

The hound Active Member

abf29770363eb2aa263f1516ffbcab738f3c578d93d8c12da80423602b75d820.jpg
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

so, your reply is more made up shit and homophobia

thanks
  13. napo

napo Well-Known Member

hah well

I guess everyone is happy with the way things are.
    It's really mind-boggling to me that I can say "we need to be more civil and let go of the grudges that are ruining the server" and people will actually argue with me on that.
    I guess no one is really interested in that.

I'm pretty disappointed, but I guess in the end it's been this kind of server since I started here.
    The hound likes this.
  14. The hound

The hound Active Member

This can only be solved one way...

Rap battle!!
  15. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

I really thought you were above throwing homophobic insults out there.
    Bastian likes this.
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I agree with you on just about everything you've been trying to accomplish in this thread and from what I gather you're just trying to bring back a little civility.

We probably don't see eye to eye on many subjects but on this I think we're on the same page.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I fully agree. I'm happy to let it drop if the rest of the pots calling kettle's black are as well.

Mordechai, I'm not a religious man, nor do I consider myself a Satanist, but I did once read the Satanic Bible and took one thing to heart:
    Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve.

If Mes would like to stop calling me a faggot for hoping PvPers would take part in tournaments instead of just watch them, I'll be happy to never call him one again. I'm not above throwing insults of any degree, when I am returning in kind.
    He can also continue to claim that I'm a liar and making shit up, but that really only looks bad on him for those who know the truth. No worries here, party on, as you were.
  18. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

Blaise, it's not about throwing insults out there - it is just what you are saying.

Just stop throwing homophobic insults out there. I have fairly thick skin myself, I've been called every name in the book by this point. I'm openly LGBT myself, I can deal with it. But not everyone can.

You and Mes can call each other dumbasses or whatever you wish, just leave homophobic slurs out of it. That's all I'm asking.
    Bastian likes this.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I edited my post. My apologies in consideration of the offenses I've made. I am generally opposed to such terms, for that very reason. While I do differentiate between some uses and I never use that term in reference to any LGBTs, I was out of line and I'm sorry.

Can't help the quoted versions, but it is what it is. Sometimes I let myself get dragged to the lowest points by those who reside there.
  20. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

You're a better man for doing that and I wasn't trying to make a political statement by making an issue out of it. Thank you.
    Blaise likes this.