Factions

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by xenocide, Sep 18, 2014.

1. xenocide

xenocide New Member

How have the factions been lately? Haven't played in awhile and trying to see if they're active or if it's just one big SL guild.
  2. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Currently SL can reliably field 5-6 people and occasionally as many as 9 or 10 and are without question the most active faction. Pretty much every night we are online hoping for some fights.

It seems a large majority of CoM members have switched servers and play the neon shard now.

Minax members when they get on, only do so late at night and they seems to have the capability of fielding 5-7, although i will say the last time I saw them with that many online was probably over a month ago and haven't really seen hide nor hair of them as of lately.

TB is basically non existent.
  3. xenocide

xenocide New Member

have you guys considered joining a different faction and splitting up your large group?
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I think for the majority of us we just wouldn't have interest in fighting each other. I think of us more as a group of friends than an elite pvp group. I's more plausible for some to disappear over time than join other sides. I can only think of one person in a year that left SL and became and orange. In any case, I wouldn't call 5-6 people a zerg exactly.

It's worth keeping in mind that just a month ago our active opponent factions (minax and com) could field twice our numbers at times and would call us out daily for fights in IRC that we did not come to because I knew we had no shot at them. And almost all of those players still exist in those factions and have houses here and their leaders still keep tabs on things. They're here, they're in IRC every day, they just haven't been making an attempt to pvp or pk recently. Maybe a week ago we had a ~6v6 fight right before a CTF. But I wonder if they were actually on their way to CTF as a group and weren't planning to faction.

If Trey, Dubar, Mase, et al reappeared they'd be a solid team and successful team already. And there's probably 20 jilted factioners out there, sitting in irc every day, looking for some coattails to ride.
    Punt likes this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I left SL for various reasons and went back to my beloved purple faction, TB. I heard again recently though that I don't pvp, so I won't be bothering to waste my time on those characters. It was fun for like two days a week or so ago though. We also had one high strung pvper join up flare up and flake out within about a week's time as well, so that didn't really pan out so great.

I'm sure SL prefers it this way, so I'm glad they let me know I don't pvp before they got caught up in pesky fights they could win easily.
  6. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

no one cares because you don't pvp
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Absolutely. I really appreciate you helping me understand that so I can do my very best to not build a team so you have someone to fight other than yourself.
  8. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

you're welcome.
  9. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Bro -- do you even...
  10. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I've been stuck working overtime every single day since the start of September, and the house I play UO at is 200 miles away from me. I still have about two weeks left of work before going back to my normal schedule. I intend to come back and hopefully bring Sandro with me and get back into factions again. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to play outside of 600+ ping and hardly any time as of now.
    Cynic likes this.