Farewell

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Qaddafi, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qaddafi

Qaddafi Active Member

No justice.
  2. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip! Thank you for visiting PANDAHOUSE!
  3. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

U did it one time, just keep going and aern some gold like u did before!

See you!
  4. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

Thanks Telamon!
  5. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hate to see you go, but definitely understand. Good luck.
  7. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

We are UOR. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us
  8. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Not sure why you're leaving but if you must go then take a break. Maybe when the UO bug bites again you can try a few other servers. Who knows maybe you'll find one that has a limit on asshats and UO douchery (not sure if that's a word but wth).

Anyway, sad to see you go man, take her easy.
    Wise likes this.
  9. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

Telamon could have prevented these established players from leaving. The same ones that actively pvp, idoc, pk, host free resist parties, donate, help newbies and so on. Instead he is allowing 2 individuals go unpunished. That is the injustice... I'll type the whole story when I cool off.

It's sad this all could have been avoided if the rules Telamon put in place were actually enforced. Oh well, UO drama llama
  10. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

As someone who doesn't follow drama, what exactly happened?
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

You guys helped out a lot and were fun. Wish you were not leaving but it is understandable.
  12. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

This was my understanding from the tears in IRC last night...

Somebody gave somebody scrupulous their account info and got dry looted. That somebody who gave out his info was co-owned to Qaddafi's stuff and he got looted because of it. And the argument I heard last night was that account sharing/more than 3 account per IP's is against the rules and they should've been banned for it and stuff returned.

http://uorforum.com/threads/faq-frequently-asked-questions.1283/

I 'm sure I don't know the whole story but it seems that personal responsibility does not want to be taken into account. Qaddafi got burned because someone he trusted gave out their account info. That sucks something fierce but I'm missing the connection on how Telamon's rules would've prevented this. Someone pls clarify...

Signed,
    Confused in the Carolinas.
    Jupiter likes this.
  13. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

My 2c:

Hazy was just involved in an identical situation on UOSA.

Hatecrime ripped off SneakyT just recently.

Both these guys actively pursue the account info of others and have for years.

The rules here and the rules on other shards have long protected these people.

Why?

Its not felucca. Its not era. Its underhanded bullshit two faced shit that causes dedicated honest players to quit.

And by rule failure loophole they are never reprimanded.

Lack of rules and punishment doesn't just fail to address this problem, it encourages it.

While I dont think staff should get into the habit of moving items or restoring lost property and I also feel the victims had set themselves up to get raided - hell I personally warned idoc about Hatecrime - I DO feel Hazy and Hatecrime don't deserve to play on UOR anymore.

Ban them.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    The Babadook likes this.
  14. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

So if someone were to gain someone's trust and get co-owned to a house and then loot them should we ban them as well? Are we banning people for being a-holes too? Maybe we should just ban the entire thief class because it does nothing but cause grief. Put Pk's on that list too, and make sure the loot gets returned.

This is a slippery slope and a great reminder to never trust anyone to that level. No bugs were exploited, no loopholes were found. Account security is a personal responsibility issue and it is not Telamon's problem if someone voluntarily gives out their info and people get hurt.

I dont have a dog in this fight as I don't really know any of those involved other than a few transactions. But that also makes me non-biased.
    Zyler likes this.
  15. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

I had nothing to do with any of this, not sure why my name is being brought up. I found out about the looting after the fact and Timbo has planned to loot these guys with Hazy anyways but didn't get up at the planned time so Hazy did it himself. Again I had zero involvement and took zero part in this. I was also unaware that it was even happening or had happened until Bart mentioned it. Try not just throwing my name into things I literally had zero part in.

In regards to SneakyT who hasn't played here in ages: He owed me well over a million in gold. Tman and myself spent well over a month trying to contact him via skype/email/cell phone/through local friends etc and he apparently decided to ignore us. So yes I took several items to get my money back and I see zero issue with this. He has still yet to contact me.
  16. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

There is no slippery slope.

Thieving and house looting are era accurate felucca game mechanics.

Right now your account will be banned if you share it. Why? To get people to not share their accounts.

Yet no punishment in place to get people to not steal accounts?

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A SLIPPERY SLOPE.

Same thing goes for buying and selling items with real money.

Is it ok to offer to buy shit but not to sell shit? Are both disallowed? Who gets banned? Buyer or seller? Does the trade have to complete in game or irl to prompt any bans?

Hey I got any idea - don't offer to buy and don't offer to sell. Evidence of either activity should be punished with a public jail sentence of several day length. And no Irc protections on getting called out as a cheater if its public record.
  17. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

- everyone knows hc sells gold for usd
    - sandro was actively GMing as Ezekiel during a period where Telamon claimed "staff don't play here"
    - hc has more than 3 accounts, despite Telamon having been notified several times on the issue
    - hc has now been involved in at least 2 underhanded scams (looting scribe and this)

hc is allowed to play here, yet no one is calling staff favortism?
  18. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's the case here (I hope not as that would really seal the deal about moving to another shard full time)

One thing I do know is that freeshards are usually started by players, and sooner or later their friends get involved and whether or not people want to admit it but there is ALWAYS some favoritism shown to a certain extent.

Like I said, I don't know if that is happening here, I really don't get involved with shard politics but if it is it needs to be investigated. Favoritism should never be allowed to come into play, it has destroyed MANY freeshards because it invariably puts them on the fast track to failure.
  19. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

20. Qaddafi

Qaddafi Active Member

If another players account can be accessed by a person other than the account owner for the sole purpose of unlocking every item in a house and looting it dry, having all the evidence necessary to prove the account owner had not accessed the account, and nothing happens to the people who did it..I cannot play in a place like that. Scumbags get a warning and we don't get our stuff back? Absolutely ridiculous. The icing on the cake is that the house where all our items are is frozen and supposedly will drop..so the cheaters get a second chance to take everything? In effect myself and my guildmates have been punished for the their actions. This would not have been argued had these violations/ actions been separate of one another. Had the account owner accessed his OWN account and looted us, fair enough. Had the account owner or anyone shared an account...ok warn them, don't share. Something of this magnitude and this type of maliciousness is beyond any simple warning.

[10:24:25] <Telamon> im done with all the whining, good luck wherever you end up
    [10:24:36] Telamon has quit (Quit: ).

Seems inappropriate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.