Fastest way to gain weapon skills?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Patrick23, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Patrick23

Patrick23 New Member

When I used to play we would have the 'wall' in deceit highly doubt it exists here.. What's the best way to gain? Thank you
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Best way to gain a weapon skill is to hit things.

Serious answer though, you can GM pretty much any melee skill in about 6-8 hours. The first time I did it I just beat on some Jhelom pit fighter NPCs. The other times I did it I just beat on other characters of mine from different accounts.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  3. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Or make two chars with healing and get them fighting!
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What I do is this: take a good healer char put on a bow with no arrows. Give the char you wanna train like 10 of the desired weapon types with the lowest damage. Place a large pile of aids on the floor between them. On the char with the bow run a macro where it self heals only if under 40 percent life, in the training char run a, macro that equips the weapon type and heals the target char. Go to bed and wake up to gm or nearly gm weapon skill tact anat and healing.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Remember how pissed off people would get when some joker would break "the wall" and run around getting the bone knights to target them? Then the whole row of people would start to yell WALL UP!!! WALL UP!!! and one by one the people would charge the bone knights, then the wall collapsed haha.
    Patrick23 likes this.
  6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I would go there and troll the wall by killing every thing with my drags and listen to the qq's lol
    Patrick23 and PaddyOBrien like this.
  7. Patrick23

Patrick23 New Member

I played on Great Lakes and yes I remember people breaking the wall! Good old days.. I'm liking this shard so far everyone is nice forgot rune books aren't blessed that sucked
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  8. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yeah, they arent' blessed unless you get enough platinum eventually for the runebook bless deed. It usually helps to keep your runebook in the bank of all the locations you need, and an emergency rune nearby if you have made an emergency recall macro yet. Welcome to UOR, glad you're liking it!