Fellow UOR decorators.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hydrox, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Looking to do a some work on my insides, I've built up quite a few houses for people, killer monkey, iago, joshious, but I have always lacked one crucial element in what I do, and that's those hanging gardens with grapes and nightshade and staffs and the 9. I can't freaking deal with them. Looking to do a trade on interior design with someone. I'll do whatever you need at your pad, you build me a hanging garden. Happy to showcase some of my work here when I get back to the computer. Anyone familiar with these things get at meh!
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Hanging gardens need lot of lock downs. You might not be able to do that in the marble workshop. Can't remember how many lock downs available in the large marble. I won't have time to help you for at least a month. Hope you find someone sooner.
    Hydrox likes this.
  3. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It's for my fort. I'll buy the lock downs. I know I could do it if I really dedicated myself to it, but honestly my brain is dry from doing every other room plus the split level. Out. Of. Creativity.
  4. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

This is just some ideas for you... not offering services.
    But @Zyler did a real cool thing with large marble pedestals and hanging herbs which i thought looked great.

Jayden Lutz_8-11_20.11.jpg
    You could dye the pedestals more to a color of your liking maybe. But if you lined the garden areas with those and used special fishing nets for grass, it would be very garden-y.Maybe lanterns on top since not everyone has a nest and egg.

Also grave dirt from AMIBs works as a great ground look against the fishing nets to show there is dirt and grass.

Allison Lutz_3-14_17.45.jpg
    And for trellis i thought the fence railing worked great vs. using all staves. A little more complex to place.
    [​IMG]
    Just ideas..
    Hydrox, Jill Stihl, Vandalin and 3 others like this.
  5. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Willing to do it, sounds like a fun. Can talk details in irc if interested.
    Hydrox likes this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Last year someone had a nice trellis in their home for the deco contest..... Lyta maybe? It looked pretty awesome
  7. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Now, I'd be very interested to see this play out in a roleplay kind of way! How on earth would a human get an orc to decorate his house with fancy, wimpy vines etc? Sounds like Xegugg must loose some great bet or something?! ;))
    Hoominaga, Xegugg and Hydrox like this.
  8. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

My design I had planned in my next deco was a rose garden in the theme
    Hydrox likes this.