Fighting Farmer's Alliance Fight Night II - 9/18/2015

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Bogugh, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

All of my future updates and event announcements will be posted here and only here: https://ffafn.wordpress.com/

I am considering moving to a double elimination format for FFAFN 3. Please give me some feedback on this and please pay attention to the start time as it may be earlier to accommodate additional matches.

FFAFN ELO RANKINGS
    1) Pax Romain - 1377
    2) GFY - 1230
    3) On Me (The Spank Nugget) - 1229
    4) Amfekk - 1221
    5) Bart - 1207

Fight Night 1v1 Rules:

Equipment - gm armor only (all leather and ingot types), all magic weapons, runic weapons up to gold only, all potions, anything else not expressly prohibited

no reflect
    no controls (summons, tames, mounts)
    no field spells
    no heal wands
    no stealing
    no dropping blocking items
    anything else goes

By participating you agree to follow all referee instructions and to exhibit good sportsmanship.

The time limit for all matches except the finals will be 8 minutes. The time limit for the finals will be 12 minutes. After the limit has been reached players will be restarted at full health for sudden death. In the tradition of Stormhold's Friday Night Fights, during sudden death the audience will be permitted to cast fire fields and/or poison fields into the arena.

Last Man Standing:
    The warm up event for the first event was not popular, so I'm going to try something else this week. After the tournament there will be a last man standing. Participants will enter the arena (with no pets) and, once the even starts, contestants (and only contestants) are free to do whatever they like except get on an ethereal mount or bring anything or anyone into or out of the arena. The last person alive inside the arena wins. Obviously, don't bring anything you aren't prepared to lose. You do not need to participate in one event to participate in the other.

1v1 Sign Up: http://challonge.com/FFAFN2
    (preferred, but not required. do it. it is easy.)

Prize Guarantees:
    Main event winner - 200k
    Main event runner up - 100k
    Last man standing winner - 75k

Prizes may increase if funds are donated.
    Thanks to: GFY, Pax Romain, Zyler and the farmers of FFA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I m gonna try my luck!
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the next event. Edited for troll prevention - copy the one down below. ty
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  4. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

cant wait to join the league, love the Elo rankings :)

Great Job
  5. Invoker

Invoker Active Member

In defense of SL/TT, I was the one who recorded the Bandicam video and made it public so I could share a fun moment with everyone that missed the tournament. There were no rules about Paralyze Fields until people started doing it. If I recall correctly, Bogugh and Pax had to ask the players to stop doing it.

In relation to the ELO Rating, everyone that fought in the first tournament has one. Every new player starts with a 1200 rating and it gets adjusted as the tournament goes on. Check http://bzstats.strayer.de/bzinfo/elo in case you want to do the math by yourself. It'll take a few tournaments before the ratings are adjusted accordingly.
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Not trying to start some ongoing BS here. Said what I wanted moving on.

My assumption was an initial Elo rating would be based off of over all pvp dueling as a performance evaluation past to present to begin upon.
  7. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

There was nothing in the unedited OP about only being allowed to cast fire field/poison field. I apparently missed Bog and Pax stating in game that para field wasn't allowed.

I would humbly ask your forgiveness in this matter.
  8. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I messed them up because I'm half-weighting sudden death and I failed to label one of the matches accordingly, but I'm fixing it now.

I'm going to use these ratings to seed people so we don't have Pax vs Pill in a play-in like we had in this tournament. I didn't like it, but rerolling the bracket wouldn't have been fair to everyone else.

I started everyone at 1200. I'm not about to try to rate everyone. It will work itself out rather quickly anyway. My weighting is aggressive (100 / 50 for sudden death). Also, WRT the leaderboard, everyone does have a ranking but I've only listed those above 1200. Pill got a bad draw for this tournament. I'm sure he'll climb up the leaderboard quickly if he continues to attend.

Your apology is appreciated. I'm taking responsibility for this for not being more specific and I've changed my rules post accordingly. Everyone please either just let it go or direct your complaints toward me.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Blaise, Artex and Erza Scarlet like this.
  9. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Broken link. The 1v1 signup for this week goes to last week. *pushes up glasses*
  10. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Fixed ^^
    Vlar likes this.
  11. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I prefer double elimination (specially if you are paired with certain someone). Depends on how many people sign up, length of fights (hard to predict) and time constraints. In the past two arenas were used if there were a lot of participants (SA).
  12. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

damn sorry i missed it ...
    Fucked the convertion to my time (Cet)
    Woke up 1 hour to late ;-(