Fire Field

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Henderson!, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Henderson!

Henderson! Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It seems that once you are at 30 Resist, you have a 100% chance of resisting the Fire Field spell. No matter how many times you run, stand or walk through it you get the "You feel yourself resisting magical energy" message. At this level of Resist, other level four spells such as lightning have a very small chance of being resisted.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, fire field only works up to high thirty's resist. Believe you can rather milk it to get to 40. Can't remember exactly which

era I used to use fire field for resist.

Hope this helps.

:}
  3. Henderson!

Henderson! Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well I wasn't necessarily posting in regards to gaining resist, though that is how I came about this. Poison rather quickly got me to 50 btw. I was more reporting the fact that you have 100% chance of resisting this fourth circle spell at 30 resist. Perhaps that is working as intended. :)
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

lol sorry if miss-understood.

great post :}
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Several players have mentioned this exact issue. We have created a task in our issue tracking software to look into the proper era function of the spell.

A common trend that we find when reviewing the code is so many fundamental processes are missing because they simply assume, ehh its trammel, why code that.

If anyone find any information in the patch notes indicating the proper function of the spell please feel free to post it here.