first pvp encounter in UO in like 10 years

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by HandsomeDan, Dec 31, 2019.

1. HandsomeDan

HandsomeDan New Member

guy was instantly disarming and stealing my axe via razor... does it get worst?
  2. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Probably - you could have been dry looted and res killed.
  3. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

What ya mean via razor? as if it was a haxx or something. this is felucca friend people die here to brigands
  4. HandsomeDan

HandsomeDan New Member

I don't care if I lose my things, but kill me. Don't use a 3rd party program to entirely handle the encounter for you.

He was disarming and stealing my weapons before I could even re-equip them via Razor.

So how do I stop that from happening?

Razor does EVERYTHING now it doesn't even feel like I'm playing UO.

Just how do I stop from getting my melee weapon stolen? Melee already got the shit end of the stick, I don't need my ONLY source of damage being stolen after every wrestling move( so fucking lame ).
  5. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Use a Hally - too heavy to steal.
  6. Earsnot

Newbied DP Katana - Unstealable.
    Ghosted likes this.
  7. HandsomeDan

HandsomeDan New Member

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer, so basically just play a mage like everyone else or have my weapon stolen back to back to back... wish I known this before leveling Lumberjack to GM.
    Blaise likes this.
  8. Earsnot

I didn’t say that.
    Don’t put words in my mouth dude.

There are loads of insanely skilled melee players here. Just gotta learn the tricks and the players. After a while you’ll know who the disarm thief is and when you see em - switch to your Hally, they’ll disarm you, you auto arm your newbied DP katana and smack em, then switch back to the Hally or a hatchet if you’re a LJ’er. They’ve got a cool down period after disarming and stealing, plus they lose stamina, you’ve got 10 seconds to show them what’s up.

This was your “first PVP encounter in like 10 years” (your own words) expecting to completely boss it and smash the shit out of someone on a server you’re new to, with mechanics you’re new to against players who ARE using third party mechanics and aint new, is pretty unrealistic my guy.

Stick around, stick at it & stick it to em.
    Alvien likes this.
  9. Pharoah

Ok i think i see what this is here, a classic case of pride being shot down from getting the lollipop taken out your hands. I for one are the king of getting the gank pulled on me. I am almost sure if staff pulled up the record, that in my first year here i've lost more weapons to thieves than anyone has their entire time here lulz. Heck man someone even made a video, the only one so far but look it up its called the scourge of Skara Brae. And i am the guy wearing the red shirt if you got enough geek in you to get what i am saying.
    For years i've been bad at forgetting to put my good weapon back in my bank or take out of my bag and place somewhere safe, only 2x has someone been able to disarm me and take my weapon in battle and here is why. First after having enough weapons taken out of your hands and yoinked you either do 1 or 2 things. Now dont take this the wrong way pal because its not meant to be rude. Get better or join them!
    Always assume a thief can disarm and take your prized poker/slasher and basher from you. Be quicker dont just stand toe to toe with them and be like OK PAL IM GONNA SMASH YOUR FACE NOW! they are tricky especially the experienced ones. and will humiliate the fuck outta you trust me! Always have finger on the RE-ARM weapon macro get it back in hand ASAP!
    Dance, move around it takes about 6-8 seconds i believe for them after failing to disarm and take your toy to hit the button to redeux the dirty deed.

when you run in to whack a thief you CHAAAARGE! run By the culprit (a drive by) to where like jousting you get close enough to swing but keep moving and look for a message that says something like...Obama tried to disarm you but failed... or something to that effect .
    Right there you know then that they are a disarming type brigand. You will get better as you lose more of your precious toys trust me.
    Ultima Online is unique like this. It is the only game you can take something from someone and then they kick yer ass with the weapon they took from you or heal themselves with your band-aids/reagents or potions they take from you!
    Either ya can take the heat or ya cant pal its pretty much the way it is and i've grown over many years of being YOINKED better at avoiding this embarrassing and pride shattering incident and thats what it takes is practice and frustration to get good at avoiding it..
    Here enjoy, i was AFK here, most likely passed out (lol) and it does not take a 3rd party program to do this for the sake of jude!

I am Dacek btw :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  10. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

If you can avoid it, disarm thieves are a nuisance to fight with a dexxer and isn't worth scrapping with them. If you must, keep a dress weapon hotkey handy and have your paperdoll open to where if you see yourself disarmed you can hit it and rearm real quick. I sometimes hit and move, and not try to stand still and just slug it out with them, thats when they can easily steal a disarmed weapon, but the really good ones will have it in a last target steal I guess.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  11. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

you need to stop posting, forever.
  12. Pharoah

you need to go hug another stump. wont say what kind though :cool:
    Happy new yr hippy
  13. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Geting Worst? This is awesome!
  14. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

This is what the pvp boards have been reduced to? :rolleyes:
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  15. Pharoah

i see a single post thats QQ how can you judge it as such. you still playing here?