First time thief PvM questions

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Geo, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi, so I'm alternating my dexxer and mage at the resist event and I'm itching to actually be active on the other account I just started. My thief currently has 61.6 real stealing, 77.4 music, and 44 peacemaking.

My understanding is that with this level of stealing it is possible to random steal a heavy item with a high percentage chance. Am I fit enough to head out into the world and start robbing ettins and lizard men?

Also, if a monster (or player) has aggro on me, if I successfully peace them can I hide right in front of them as if I were not in combat?

I just made the guy yesterday afternoon so I'm a week away from the thieves guild.

Thanks!
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Maximum weight of item stolen is 10 stone.
    In your case 6 stones will do.

Yes, you can hide in front of them however this has to do with the duration of your "peace" and if you've time to wait out the skill delay until you're able to (attempt) to hide.
    A directly targeted peace > targeting yourself (aka area peace).

Side note: I used to make use of particular pieces of furniture that when dropped in a specific way, broke line of sight allowing me to hide.

Try wandering healers. No particular reason... I just always liked messing with them.... that is unless they've no loot in their backpacks here... of which I'm not sure.
  3. Geo

Geo Active Member

Yeah I "enlightened" most of the healers in central Brittania. Some had already been liberated. Maybe that was you haha. 78.3 stealing now. I think the most I've stolen at a time is like 300 gold. I tried stealing from dragons. They switch aggro on you soooo fast a lot of times I would get hit, fireblasted and still miss the steal being too far away or come away somehow with only 150 or so gold.

Im dropping peace and music because of the skill delay between peace and stealing and hiding. I'm using ana and healing now so I can take a hit then heal up while hidden. 7th skill will be lockpick.

Classy stuff with the furniture! baby steps hehe
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yep, works great for people on horseback if you're quick enough as well.

*BAM*

It's rather funny to see someone on horseback who's been chasing you run head first into an armoire.
    BlackEye likes this.
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Processing ... PvM thieving.... CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED ... Shutting down UO (until you consider your sins)
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  6. Geo

Geo Active Member

br34k t3h m3t4 bro !!!
  7. BlackEye

By stealing from stupid mobs? Sure, and next my dexxer will be honored as uber PK, cause he is killing them mobs by the thousands. :cool:
  8. Geo

Geo Active Member

Please kill all the healers so that I can steal from them again! :D 6 days until I can thieves guild

Stealing from monsters in the forest is perhaps even faster than killing them for the gold. This becomes more true with mobs like executioners who can take a long time to kill especially if people have to kite. Unfortunately there aren't usually enough distractions for them there and I have to run to heal so often its vastly slower than using my dexxer in safer places. Fun though.
  9. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I steal from monsters and NPCs (specially the ones you take to a city, steal + reward reaches almost 1k), but only when I can't recall and have to walk between places.
  10. Geo

Geo Active Member

do you have to wait until after they've paid you to steal, or can they still give you money if you empty their backpack before reaching city?
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. BlackEye

Okay okay... I was a bit too fast... but no excuses in 6 days! :D
    wylwrk and Alice Asteroid like this.
  13. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

You steal before and they still give you money after you reach the city.