Fishing Tournament planning

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Zyler, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think about the next fishing tournament. It will probably be a week or two before the Halloween events or between Halloween and Thanksgiving. For those that have paid attention or have participated, you've seen I've run a few different tournament formats. If you have any ideas on format/scoring, please share them with me. I want to make these tournaments the most enjoyable for all.

One idea I've been pondering is to have a cumulative point tournament where anglers fish 3 or 4 weekends in a row. I will probably do stones again rather than the point system since it is easier on me. Again if you have any ideas... post them here, send me a forum PM, or contact me IRC. I am very interested in feedback on how I can make the tournaments better. Also, if you are interested in assisting with the tournament, please contact me.

Thanks!
    -Z

[​IMG]

This is where I fish... Apalachee Bay/Saint Mark's NWR

[​IMG]
  2. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

In fairness to casual fishers, next tourney will be biggest single fish (1st, 2nd, 3rd place), smallest single fish, and for the power fishers - most fish caught. I haven't decided yet if this tourney will span a week -or- 3 to 4 weekends.

I'll announce tournament soon.