Following Cara's flame - TGC and Paws

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

@Alex Caember
    @Cara Cacciatore

Before a man or woman can truly hear the call of Paws, they must first take up a quest. Cara lit up a just such a quest kindled on a small flame of adventure.

After taking a torch from Qamra, Cara was urged to toss the dice of fate. A toss that would lead us into the heart of Despise.

Unsure where the flame was leading him, Cara wandered this way and that. To his good credit, never once did he try to ask Jupiter nor Alex where he was supposed to go. He simply followed the flame, and we in turn followed him lending aid where and how we could.

They say sometimes, that what you don't know can't hurt you, except when that thing you don't know is that a champ spawn and intersects directly with the path you are taking.. But we fought our way across the rat infested bridge and upon laying his torch upon the champion's altar, the darkness was cast back behind the rocks and set to cower in the nooks of that evil place.

Hoorah for Cara!

(please never mind the bodies strewn about, I assure you we accomplished this on our first take. The bodies are ummmm... the after party?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Ragar, Dorian Andrael and Halabinder like this.
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Those dead bodies were there when we got there... I swear!
  3. Jupiter

it was very dark until the torch reached the champion's altar... they most certainly could have been there. ;)
    Dorian Andrael likes this.
  4. Cara Cacciatore

Cara Cacciatore New Member

I was honored to be granted the opportunity to participate in the Paws trials....even while being chewed on by rats in the dark! I'm sure they were just saying, "Why hello there, welcome to our home. Won't you please have a seat in...er we mean...by our fire." It was quite invigorating.
    Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  5. Jupiter

hah. Yeah. a literal trial by fire in every sense of the words.