"Forgotten Words" of a lost soul.

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Cero, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

As I was doing my duty to the realm and slaying the foul beasts south of the City of Cove, I stumbled upon a rare bag on the corpse of one of my victims. Inside contained treasure map, gold coins, a candle, and a book.

9-16-16-2.jpg

I dusted off the old tome and glanced inside, which read:

9-16-16-1.jpg

" *** The words on the page appear to change and speak to you as you read them ***

You are not mistaken traveler! I am the spirit of Bjorn of Yew. I have long awaited a chance encounter with one who abides in the light of the virtues!

i found myself in these caverns as an adventurer much like yourself, but greed overcame me. I fear I betrayed my companions and abandoned them in order to enrich myself... for ages I have wandered this realm wondering why I am still bound to it. But now as I see you I understand, these items are binding my soul to a realm in which I no longer belong. I pray thee, take these items, they are of no further use to me. I only ask in return that you light a candle at one of the shrines of virtue and pray my soul may be released.

*** the words seem to vanish, and you feel compelled to fulfill this wandering souls last wish *** "

After reading the text I knew what I had to do! I gathered my pack and headed to my shrine of choice.

9-16-16-3.jpg

I lite my candle and placed it upon the shrine, as a beacon of light for this lost soul!

9-16-16-4.jpg

Then, after a short prayer I set off on the rest of my quest. A quick inspection of the treasure map inside the bag reveled its location.

9-16-16-5.jpg

After slaying the guardians of the chest, I gathered the loot... And it was quiet a haul!

9-16-16-6.jpg

But I was not done. Remembering the text in the tome, and how this lost soul came to wonder the realm... Greed. I must give back, or I too may suffer the same fate one day. I headed off to the safer lands where young adventurers begin to ply their trades, and behold! What luck! an young adventurer like myself slaying the vile orcs!

9-16-16-7.jpg

Fiona McRae would receive my gift... or this lost soul's gift, maybe to be protected in some way by the wayward spirit.

9-16-16-8.jpg

Dun Scaith, Ragar, Halabinder and 6 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Cero! this is beyond incredible! just bravo. magnifico.

many thanks for sharing your adventures so inspired!
    Cero likes this.
  3. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Nicely done.
    Cero likes this.
  4. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Awesome work my friend!
    Also, couldn't have given it to a nicer person!
    Cero likes this.
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! It was a surprise when I found the bag, and the quest came to life as I continued laying waste to orcs!

Alex I'm glad I handed it off to someone that will use it!
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​