Free Use Duel Arena

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Timbo Slice, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I made this suggestion much earlier in the thread, but it has seems to have become derailed....

What if the option came up on the duel gump to pay ~200gp for free reag usage (as a convenience).... MAYBE even have an option that the looser pays it? I agree that adding in free use potions and no damage to armor and weapons in the arena setting kinda nullifies certain classes.....

This would avoid the restocking that people have been complaining about, avoid people abusing a complete free use system, and hopefully we would see some more veteran PvPers that would be willing to pay the fee while training newer people, so they could get experience without breaking the bank?

I feel like this would be fairly easy to code, and avoid all this trammel drama that eventually became a blur and I just skipped to the end.....

Does anyone like this type of idea or are we all just determined to keep the PvP on the forums and off the field?
  2. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

Wow, this thread really took off,of course its become more than just about free use arena now. But that I think that shows the serious need of attention the PVP needs on this server.

The only time I ever really find a field fight is with Pill , Ebola, or Kane. Another problem I think is we are such a tight knit community no one wants to kill their friends, well , I think the friendly thing to do is to go ahead and attack them regardless because who doesnt want that rush yo.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I sort of like the pay to use - duel arena - training gump idea with CTF like reg use in the event center as long as skill gain is nullified within. I don't want to see pvp training go off to test but it's really not that hard. Farming with a tamer or LJ takes little time to gather sufficient funds for regs and red pots. Test - benefit for a training pvper, they can change his/her template skills and tailor stats to see what works with unlimited consumables.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Arawn, that idea is slick. I'd think a much higher pay point though for Free Use. Like 1000-2000g PER duel, maybe variable depending on loadout/options selected?

Timbo, I love fighting my friends. Some of the best matches in Call of Duty (yes, I refer to it a lot) have been when I jump into a match and I have to fight my friends because I get put on the enemy team. Same thing with CTF here because I know how the good players play and I have to bring my AAA game to even have a remote chance of besting them. If you can't battle your friends and raise a cold one after, they're probably not that good of friends.
  5. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

yeah i like arawns idea, i would also love a wager system where you can wager X amount and the money automatically goes to the winners bank account - once again im no coder and would imagine it could be hard ? But, seems like the bounty system works somewhat this way soooooooo
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I actually did some faction fighting on a TB char I made a few nights back. We spent the majority of the time fighting COM, but at one point I went through the teleporter in bucs and found sl on the other side and was shit stomped shortly after lol.

The time before that I was on Roman, my minax char, when TB was guarding sigils, cynic included, and myself and Sandro made a few runs at them. I can post the screen shots when I get home, in which we attack everyone in TB. The point is that no, I am not biased to anyone in TB regardless of whether they normally play with us or whether they are people I helped train. Like I said, I wanted to train people ultimately to give me someone to fight.

Personally, I have nothing against sl and I could give two shits less if they kill me 20 vs 1 each time. Doesn't bother me. I actually enjoy it. I just don't really appreciate being clumped into a category saying I team up with other factions intentionally because it really is not the way I play. However, if I'm with my group and we are fighting COM for example, and sl runs up into the mix, or if we run up to two groups fighting, we will attack whoever we feel is the biggest threat or who has the most to lose.

Hell, I flat out attacked and killed cynics TB char as he was returning a sigil to their base and then made an attempt to take it to the minax base. Unfortunately I was unable to survive a fight against 4 of them. That's when Sandro logged on, and we made a few raids at their base.

In all honesty, I just like fighting when I play and I don't waste my time worrying about who is who or what bias' might be involved. I like fighting sl just as much as anyone and accept w/e tactics they want to use no matter how unconventional. Have I been annoyed in the past with some of their antics? Sure. But now days my time is so limited I just appreciate what I can get regardless of the outcome.

As for the training group I was doing, I've been so limited on time lately it has been near impossible for me to schedule anything. The time that I do have is usually in conflict with the members schedules. Soon, I intend to open up the training to anyone, and not subject the members to any one faction, or style of combat. I'll let each person decide what they want to do, or where to go, and I'll simply work on training them in every aspect. Hopefully that will allow me to have larger turnouts and more of an impact on the pvp community. We'll see..
    Xegugg likes this.
  7. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

HAHAHA... poor cynic
  8. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

"Hey guys Clyde's attacking me now"

"Guys"

"Fuck you guys, he killed me, and has the sigil"

"Hey assholes he's taking the sigil out by boat, how about do something"

"I fucking hate you guys"
    amfeKk likes this.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Talk about odd couple....LEO calling on a bunch of stoners for backup....
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

It's actually not a bad thing, I don't need to go to any training classes anymore, I can just listen to you all in mumble.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Same. You just confirm for me everything I've been telling folks about how to handle it when the shit comes down. Keep your cool, take your cuffs like a man and eat everything before the cuffs go on. :)
  12. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

or put it in your personal suitcase
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

no, they strip you down and look up your ass with a flashlight when you get to jail
    Kane likes this.
  14. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I just laughed in a customer's face reading that
  15. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Double post
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Actually, they have a special machine (in the more sophisticated jails/prisons) that you sit on and through some sort of sorcery it can tell if you have something other than poop up your chute.
    Xegugg likes this.
  17. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Sphincter sorcery
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I bet Cynic's the type of officer that rolls up his sleeves and gets out the flashlight anyways
    Kane and Xegugg like this.
  19. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

ive been told to squat and cough, finger in my mouth, but never in my ass
  20. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    amfeKk likes this.