done

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Gideon Jura, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Senzek, Zyler, Iago and 15 others like this.
  2. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

You're the best man for the job. If people only knew how much pixel-wealth (enough to tank the economy if we are being honest) has flown through you and how much work you put in to making sure it is done in the server's best interest and not your own.... minds would explode. I don't know that I know anyone that would do the same in your place.

This is the facts.
    English John, newme and MikeK like this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

4. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

This is no easy task, and you are definitely best equipped for the job Gideon. I hate to see Up gone, but I look forward to seeing the museum in full bloom when you are finished.
    English John, newme and MikeK like this.
  5. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow, unbelievable. Thank you UOR and Upgrayedd for being so generous. The Project Sanctuary area will be incredible and it's ALL thanks to the generosity of the server.

May UO Renaissance live long proper!
    English John and newme like this.
  6. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Shard history museum, best project ever!
    English John and newme like this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Funny, I thought you knew me.

Really disheartened to read this post but it was long expected. I have had many differences with Up but he and I are of like mind in more ways than either of us would probably like to admit. If you're out there reading this crap Up, you are missed and will continue to be. Your UO prowess taught many many players a great many things. Your professional security consultations on friend's homes were something that I doubt many knew you would do for the right people. In any regard, thanks for everything and I wish you the best of life with what more you can muster in your state of health.
    Farewell and thanks for the fishsteaks.

-Blaise
    English John likes this.
  8. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

True Story

WYNB? vendor house only exists today thanks to Upgrayedd. When Guardzone rules changed around Yew Bank, he replaced his loggy with a large marble, and then put down this loggy next door.

He held a writing contest to select finalists for a dice roll to win the house free and clear. Upgrayedd wanted the place to be used for vendoring and the betterment of YEW. While my essay earned me a dice roll, the roll did not go well and ShadowJack won the house.

Shortly after winning the bid ShadowJack realized that vendoring was not his gig and true to the intent of the place, he gave it to me. I have owned it since and have run vendors almost the whole time. It had 15k visits when I dropped it and moved it forward 2 tiles. It now has over 6k.

Thank you Upgrayedd! Because of you I have a nice UO asset and will continue to use it as you saw fit. Plus I now know the joy of Idiocracy... I always wondered where you got your name from !!!
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

My second day here I was camping an IDOC. I couldnt believe my luck. I had nothing but 40 hiding skill and I was about to receive a huge windfall. I called into work and said I was "working from home". Hours passed and no one came by. The excitement was building.

Shortly before the house dropped, Upgrayedd emerged from the shadows, revealed me, and killed me. I was baffled at how he knew exactly where I was. Hacks? I rezzed up and came back and got dropped again. Not knowing how to drag heavy items thru gates, I marveled at how quickly he gobbled up the loot. He dragged a monster onto the healer I was rezzing at. Perhaps to send the message I had stepped on his turf? I died several more times to that monster, unable to rez and run away as he would pin me in with stone walls and energy fields. I actually debated bailing on UO in that moment as I realized I was just far too outclassed to compete in this old game. Then, he decided to show some mercy and dragged the monster away. I told him it was my second day. He gave me an apology and gated me back to town.

Later that day I learned what Tracking was.

Take care hombre. Thanks for the memory, the mercy, and the lesson.
  10. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't exactly go through my Rolodex when I made that statement. I would definitely say you and Gideon are equals in your concern for the server, hard work, and wealth leading to a significant pixel detachment. When I disappear (it will happen eventually), if I don't trash barrel, I would feel very safe giving you my shit to fund events and other fun here. But, alas, I am no Upgrayyd/Frenulum/Dalavar. Not even close.
    Blaise likes this.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Not that I want your things, but I've had players from all walks of UO life hand me the keys and say farewell. No matter how great or small the loot, I'd always rather have the person continue to play. That's what makes it so easy to pay it forward. The hope that some other players will fill in the void(s) left behind.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Wow. I too hate to see folks leave the server. But, UO has always mocked real, and in real folks leave your life.

Also, Gideon, if need any help let me know.

One those bitter sweet moments. Sad he is gone, happy for the server.

Westra/Marjo

Governess of Wispfelt
    English John likes this.
  13. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Wish I had known this shard earlier. Never met all these famous characters.
    English John and The Musician like this.
  14. English John

English John Active Member

@BlackEye Just think in years to come someone might say the same about you, instead of:

"You duurtyyy 'orrible stinkin' teeef!"

"Gimme ma stuff back you ******* ****!"

"Noob thief!"

etc
    etc
    etc

;)
    Iago and BlackEye like this.
  15. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Please send Upp a hello and regards from me. Miss him. He schooled me ;)