Frezes every 5-10min.

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Puuraidur, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Puuraidur

Puuraidur New Member

Hello,

I joined last night and noticed severe spikes while playing, 1-3s freezes every 5-10min probably. I'm deciding between 2 shards to rejoin UO at the moment, this will most likely be the deciding factor unless I get it resolved.

I am from Europe, Estonia.

I did tracert, and ping -t. Didn't show any packetloss over 1000 packets.

2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's lag that everybody experiences, not just you. I think it started some months ago and since then Staff has been trying to locate the reason. Anyway, it has most likely nothing to do with you being wrom Europe, Estonia. Btw, I am from Europe, Germany with a ping of ~150ms.

From my observation it seems to be coupled to some kind of spawn ticks. As if the server struggles, when too much monster respawn. But I could be very well wrong.
  3. Puuraidur

Puuraidur New Member

You sure? Seems like the entire world keeps moving along while I stay there in my own demented and frozen world. Or is it just that the NPCs keep playing?
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Most players know this every so and so minute occuring 1sec freeze. And from some discussions I found out, that all experienced them at the same time.

I am not sure, whether you experience some other kind of lag.
  5. TiMi

TiMi Active Member

had this when i first started playing, try the 14 day free trial of wtfast, it solved all my problems and the game is more than playable now.

Curious what datacentre the server is hosted in, ive played a few US servers and this is one of the only ones i needed to pay for a proxy to play on.

Try it out, see if it helps.

Regards
    TiMi
    BlackEye likes this.
  6. Puuraidur

Puuraidur New Member

Not really looking to increase my monthly expenses to be honest so proxy programs aren't really an option, besides this shard is the only game/server I would ever use it on as I have never had a ping/latency problem in anything before so I wouldn't even consider paying for it if it made my ping 20 and no freezes.

But I'll keep an eye on it and see how annoying it gets, macroing on both shards atm..lol.

Thanks.
  7. TiMi

TiMi Active Member

understandable, however the 14 day free trial costs nothing to see if the network is the issue? :D understand your point.
  8. Puuraidur

Puuraidur New Member

@BlackEye @Chris - Might be a solution to anyone else that has similar problems in the future.

So I fixed the freeze issue with programs called TCP Optimizer and Leatrix Latency Fix.
    What I did:
    1. Download Leatrix Latency Fix http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/download13581-LeatrixLatencyFix
    2. Run as Administrator
    3. Run .exe and install
    4. Restart PC
    5. Download http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe
    6. Run as Administrator
    7. Set connection speed to either what you pay for or what you get in speedtest.net
    8. Click "Optimal"
    9. Apply changes
    10. Restart PC
    After I did that my cmd tracert started to get returns on hop 8 and 9 from time to time, which I guess was the reason for the freezes in the first place.

However, after fixing the freeze issue I farmed 40k and ran around the world a little, 600 online but everyone is either macroing or sitting in houses? Didn't see anyone PvPing. Hows the scene here? I'm mainly a solo field PvPer, 5x/7x - or used to be back in DFI days, I probably suck now. Shard kinda seems dead - I don't want to inject any time into this if there is no PvP and I have to hunt PvMers? Not trying to be negative or anything, just my first impression.

Thanks.
    puppz likes this.
  9. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

Same was happening to me.

Right Click on Razor Icon on Desktop (or however you launch)
    Click on Compatibility
    [X] Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP
    (Make sure this is checked and selected)
    Should run fine after.