Friday Fight Night at Grimoire! (7/19/13)

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Liberation, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

Friday Fight Night at Grimoire

Friday Fight Night is a weekly PvP tournament hosted by players at the player-run city of Grimoire Ruins. Registration begins every Friday at 10pm CST (8pm PST, 11pm EST). Gates will be provided from West Britain Bank and Bucs Den during registration (gods willing). Registration lasts one hour, ending at 11pm CST sharp!

[​IMG]

This week's tournament is sponsored by [YOUR NAME HERE]!

With Monday's patch we have seen some changes that greatly affect dueling as a mage. Some folks have been waiting a very long time for any iota of progress on this front and it is out of respect for those people that Grimoire is holding a 5x tournament this week. We realize that this isn't everyone's "one cup," and so we'll make up for it next week with a special event catering to the towny crowd.

This week's tournament will be:
    • 1v1
    • 5x
    • Double Elimination
    • No pots
    • No wands
    • No hiding/invis
    • The passive or active use of any skill other than { Magery, EvalInt, Meditation, Magic Resist, Wrestling, Anatomy, Tactics } are explicitly disallowed.
    • Characters with Poisoning are not allowed to compete
    • Characters with Inscription are not allowed to use MR/RA/Prot
    • No looting
    • No field spells
    • No followers (tames, summons, mounts, etc)
    • No precasting before match begins
    • No buffs before match begins (includes stat pots, bless, Magic Reflect and company, fish buffs, etc)
    • Stealing is not allowed.
    • All combatants are subject to snooping by Grimoire staff
    • As always, I reserve the right to make shit up as I go along.

The prizes for this week are:
    • 1st Place: 100k & Unique first place trophy & 13 Vanq weapons
    • 2nd Place: Nothing, you lost.
    • 3rd Place: Nothing, you lost.

If you act like an ass we will ban you. Non-sanctioned and non-consensual fighting anywhere in the city of Grimoire will get you banned from the tower and from future events. If you have a complaint about the event staff's educate, you can suck it.

We are accepting donations to lessen the financial burden on our members. If you provide a donation, you will be listed as a sponsor in this post and given thanks to during the tournament for your service to the community. PM me on the forums or contact me via IRC if you are interested in donating to this week's pool.
  2. Neo

Neo New Member

aww i wish i had my 5xer done i didnt know they were patching this up or i woulda actually moved to finish him. :(
  3. Liberation

I am updating the 1st place prize to include 13 Vanqs directly from my personal stock.
  4. Liberation

My whole block just lost power. I have the brackets and will schedule the remainingfights with individual players throughout the week. If you were participating in the tournament when my power went out, please pm me to make setting your remaining fights up a bit easier

sorry :(

I will also find a volunteer to help staff in these scenerios.
  5. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

We kinda guessed at who was left and nars ended up winning.

I'll have video up some time today.
  6. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers