Frozen Blight - Village of Paws Search Party

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Prelude:
    Intrudes discovered
    Cerberus – Starts Winter!

*a warm wind carries a message to all the emissaries of all allies of Paws*

Friends and allies of Paws. Tis I Jupiter. I hope this warm wind is able to cut through the frigid front that has now almost completely enveloped our realm.

I know that many of you are preoccupied with defending your regions from the wintery invasion forces of these dark elves. While your forces are sparse and provisions scarce, yet I will ask more of you in this dire hour. Catalin of Paws has not returned from his mission to investigate Kos Heb.

I hope I need not remind you that if not for the valiant effort of Catalin and Tybris to discover and alert the realm of the evil plot afoot, all of our forces would surely have been overwhelmed by the advance invasion forces.

Two of the warriors who enlisted to aid Catalin reported back to their commander in Skara Brae. Their report relayed that only three of their party survived the battle with Cerberus - they two, and Catalin. While they chose to return on the boat, he sent them on and kept only a few provisions enough for a small scouting mission to further investigate the area.

I will be coordinating search parties as time permits throughout this month in hopes that we find Catalin. I suspect we shall have to interrogate no small number of these dark elves before we find our brave Freeman of Paws!

If you coordinate search parties of your own, please post pictures in this thread of the elves slain so that we may gather all possible leads regarding the whereabouts of Catalin.

Also, while you are out, make sure you carry a "Merry Christmas" card for @JimmyTheHand. There will be nothing so unfortunate as going into battle against these elves without your weapon or reagent pouch. Having a Christmas card for the Hand should at least prevent more of us disappearing.

Jupiter Greystone
    //==\\
    ||.. ___
    \\==||.|

*the wind fades, and the chill frost descends again upon your mind and body*

Search party with Bill Munny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Searching in random places and in the dead of night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Dr Satan, Cha, eherruh and 7 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

With the help of DOC from the Sanctuary, we conducted another search for Catalin. Sadly there was no sighting of our lost friend.

We entered the frozen and perilous Ice Dungeon and sought to leave torches with the hopes that it would help guide our friend home.

The path was dark and perilous,
    our enemies crept and prowled
    Within the frozen caverns
    Winter's grasp reached out

How long until the storm relents?
    What more must man endure?
    Dig in, be strong, stay warm
    Winter's only just begun....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dr Satan, eherruh, Cero and 2 others like this.
  3. Jupiter

* A missive is sent to Lord @Keza *

A curious thing has been recovered within the woods near the Sanctuary.

While on a routine patrol, Tybris Varn reported a glacial golem roaming about. The creature appeared to be a construct of pure ice which in this cursed winter, could not be melted. Our first impulse was to use hammers to dash the thing to pieces before it could waylay any unsuspecting travelers.

However, Tybris suggested instead that we try to chisel the thing down. At first I thought the idea absurd, but then I thought perhaps if we could harness some bit of this White Witch's magic we could use it against her.

The exercise that followed was much like a masonry team at the quarry - with one holding the pike, while they other drives it in - Tybris would hold his spear to the golem while I swung my hammer. The creature lumbered clumsily but surely if any of it's blows had landed I would not be writing you this message. Slowly but surely we managed to chip away until it stood little more than ankle-height and could no longer cause any threat.

I was able to pick the creature up and each time I set it down it seemed to try and flee from us. Tybris and I experimented with this, and we would set the creature down and see where it would lead us. To our astonishment, it began leading us to towards the dark elves' hiding places allowing us to ambush several scouting parties!

I do believe with some more tinkering I could perhaps use this thing to locate and alert us to the forces of the White Witch!

Rally your Lords and Ladies! I do believe we shall find our way out of this blizzard yet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dr Satan, DaBucs, Airin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter threw the pick ax into the frozen rock, careful to strike only the mountain. They had found him! His plan had worked almost exactly has he had planned - which was both worrisome and wonderful at the same time.

With the help of a most accomplished scout and a fearless search party, they were able to find Catalin. Fortunately Arctic Ogre Lords prefer their meals alive, so whatever manner of ice they had encased him in, did not extinguish his breath.

Frozen in the mountain side,
    hidden away for ogre's prize.
    The man of Paws did persevere
    Safely now he thaws, as we e'er
    carry on, through Winter's fear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ragar, Dr Satan, Cero and 3 others like this.