Gameplay issue - problems while running

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Mr. Fugazi, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Mr. Fugazi

Mr. Fugazi New Member

Hi everybody,
    first thing, I want to apologize for my limited english, wich will make hard to me to explain what the problem is, hope you can understand the same...

I THINK that everything is working properly, except for one thing: when I move around I experience a sort of lag, with the corners of the screen remaining black - it appears as it was slow on loading - in the direction I'm going to. This gets worst the faster I go, so when I'm running on the horse is really hard to move around due to this "lag".

I've followed all the tips in the installation guide and the trubleshooting one

I've noticed that my Razor and Automap are being installed in my Programs folder, where the Guide says the uor installer should put them into the Programs(x86)

all of this happens both after reinstalling the game or windows (I do format c: every once in a year, so I've waited to give it this try b4 asking for help here)

dell inspiron 1520
    Intel CORE 2DUO T8300 2,4gb
    geforce 8600m GT
    RAM 4gb
  2. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

FIrst off, the recommended installation (and the default in the installer package) is to install to C:\Ultima Online -- try reinstalling there before digging any further.

Second, it sounds to me like you're setting the forced resolution in razor way too high. The maximum forced game size you can use without major issues is approximately 1200x950 -- higher than that, and the client simply won't draw the new areas in the corners of the screen. I use 950x750, to provide a minimum of clipping in the corners while still providing almost every tile that can be drawn in view.

Finally, be sure to run through this thread -- especially the first post -- as this covers most the typical client oddities we experience here:

http://uorforum.com/threads/troubleshooting-razor-ultima-online-problems.3960/

Also, no need to worry about language barrier, you were perfectly understandable. :)

Hope this helps!
  3. Mr. Fugazi

Mr. Fugazi New Member

as I said, I went through the guides!!

I installed uo in the default directory, they are the location of razor and uomap to appear wrong, but there's no way to chose where to install them during the installation process...

I'm not forcing the resolution, I'm only using the client option to go to 800*600
    may the cause of my problems lay there?

thanks for helping me!!
  4. corruption

Ah... Razor and UOAM will live in \Program Files, this is normal and expected. Its only the Ultima Online client that needs to live outside of there, and it will be default installed to C:\Ultima Online.

If you're not forcing the resolution, then the only thing I can think is one of the issues laid out in the first post of the troubleshooting thread. Sounds like either you have smart cpu enabled, or you haven't set compatibility mode/disabled desktop composition/run as administrator for Razor -- all of which cause abnormalities. As long as all factors are configured for razor as needed, I never experience issues like you're describing -- however I do when I don't set compatibility mode or launch as administrator.
  5. Mr. Fugazi

Mr. Fugazi New Member

plz, trust me as I say that I followed all the steps in the guides!

I'm sure this is about graphics options! but dunno how!

should I play fullscreen? (i tried, it's even worst, but there are options I can't understand)
    should I change my desktop resolution?
  6. corruption

The issue is with the client; I don't know how else to nicely say this but as the shard's resident troubleshooter I've seen countless examples of people who 'followed all the guides' -- only to find the basics aren't configured right. The problems you're describing, I've only experienced when things are misconfigured as I've outlined above; never any other situations.

Changing to full screen or the resolution will not change anything; if the client is not able to run seamlessly there is simply a configuration issue somewhere that has been overlooked.

I just want to reiterate, I'm not trying to be rude -- I'm simply being honest. I've been troubleshooting peoples clients here for over a year, and the only time I've witnessed these issues is when razor is misconfigured at the most basic levels.
  7. Mr. Fugazi

Mr. Fugazi New Member

still, I'm pretty sure I did everything I read on the guides

maybe... do I have to set xp compatibility for uo too, or only for razor?
  8. corruption

Only Razor should be necessary, but it won't hurt to try it. Also, disable desktop composition on Razor. Some people have no problems running with it enabled, but I personally always have to disable it.
  9. corruption

One last thought occurred to me: Are you by chance running a macro after you log in that includes razor taking steps? Razor has an issue with irreparably losing sync with the client if you run a macro that includes taking steps -- it won't be fixed until you close the client and razor entirely. The effect of this would be that your character seems to jump drastically (4-6 tiles at a time) when running, and your location in the client will typically be off by several tiles as well.
    Swizzlesticks likes this.
  10. Mr. Fugazi

Mr. Fugazi New Member

ok thanks for all the help...

doing what u suggested, but also uninstalling razor and reinstalling it on the program(x86) folder, and god knows what else, I was able to reduce the problem: even if not solving it, it is enough to keep on playing on the shard so I'm happy like this!