Gaming VPN for UOR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by fatchildren, Aug 28, 2017.

1. fatchildren

fatchildren Active Member

hello all,

Joined this server 3 days ahe after a 15 year layoff! Still having ping issues as I'm playing from Asia.

Anyone use any vpn / proxy services to alleviate the ping issue? Was looking at battle ping, looks good!

Looking forward to everyone's replies!

Thx!
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hi, I used the expressVPN and it seemed to me an improvement! Another guys say that they use WTFast and it's super type for gaming! My platform mac so WTFast I did not try, they only for Windows. Now the situation has returned to normal, I at least, by the way, I will beat out of Russia, so for me your theme is relevant!

I wish you a good game and I hope you will get an optimal ping, there are guys from Asia and play the same =)

Regards,
    Kiryana
  3. fatchildren

fatchildren Active Member

Thank you for your reply Kiryana! I just went on WTFasts website, it doesn't list UO on it. It still works?
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I have to work, but I can not give guarantees, the expressVPN works well! Try what is good to me, not the fact that it will be good for you! VPN services are many and there are excellent options! I once monitored them ...

Regards,
    Kiryana
  5. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I use BattlePing, works really well from Australia and supports UO.
  6. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Wtfast does work, and it did work well for me but my ping is in the 150 range without it with 0 packet loss so that is very playable and I do not need it.

Wtfast has to be setup as a custom game client. You will have to set it up and add the custom game and it should learn a better route when that exe or launcher is used.

They require PayPal for a free trial sadly. I haven't researched it to see if they offer world wide servers or not either. In the U.S. you can just buy the game cards from a vendor like amazon. But an improvement of 30 or 40ms avg ping is not worth $7 a month to me, you may get better results.