GM DH and house security

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Airin, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

I have a problem with one of my characters who is GM detect hidden. Every time I try to DH at home (she is co-owned) I get the message about locked doors, but never the "you see nothing hidden" message. At first I though that there is someone inside, so I repeated DH on another char that was at home, and got "you see nothing hidden" message. None of my own characters were hiding at home. I have repeated this more then 30 times, using different characters, tried re-logging and restarting the whole client. Nothing helps. the GM DH char never gets the message, all others do. My house wasn't looted so far, so I guess there really is nobody hiding there :D

I am not sure if it is a bug, or she is detecting something far off, maybe in neighbour's house (no idea what range the skill has). I did not have this problem before she was GM DH. I was told by one other person he had the same problem, but he dropped DH and gets the message now.

Anyone else has this problem?
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hello

I have several characters and one of them was similar, but now everything is fine! But from my situation, what distinguishes me is that I was robbed ;)

And the coverage radius DH is limited to your home and should work in it regardless of the level of this skill!

Although, I can be wrong but I dare to assume that if DH = 0 within your home, it will show 100%. But if DH = 100%, then it can show your whole house and maybe a little near it. [Second option rather guess, I did not check for sure]
  3. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for your reply @Kiryana . Can I ask if it just resolved itself and you started getting the message, or did you drop DH?

Sorry to hear about you getting robbed. Was it connected to the DH problem? I always DH on an alt that is not GM, but I still don't feel good about it, don't know who to trust - GM DH or the other one :D

I know that any char who is friended/co-owned or owner will always have 100% success if using DH at the house. So it is weird that being GM is actually making it impossible to detect anything .

As to range at GM, if I stand at the corner of my house and detect, I can see that my neighbour has some trapped container there. So theoretically, I could be seeing someone hiding in his house. But, I have repeatedly used DH on an alt seconds after the first DH, so even if someone was hiding, I doubt they could hide again in the time for me to reveal them again with next DH on GM char. I have repeated this at least 15 times in a row, non stop, so the hiding would have to be perfectly timed, every time - which is very unlikely.
  4. Kiryana

Found that I was robbed a couple of days later when I realized that my containers were empty and some things were missing from the chests.

And I think that at that time my main problem was that I did not have a safe table in my house! I have neglected the instruction to protect the house and was punished for my mistakes!

You advice to follow the instructions http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-home-ownership.6057/ for protecting the house and just check constantly at the entrance to DH 100% in the house will show hidden!

At first I was a little uncomfortable and offended, but after ten seconds I realized that it's amazing and this is the very devil of Ultima I've played so long!

And so that you do not have a feeling that someone is behind the curtain, get safe tables (they are enough even in the area of the entrance door and the passage to the 2 nd floor), Well, of course, when near use DH near you (and by the way you mentioned that you used it continuously several times, There's a 10 second cool down, it's enough to use 2-3 times and that's all) That's all, I assure you, now I can safely say my house is protected and I'm not afraid of the creaking of the door in the corridor or the suddenly open window from the wind!

I hope I was at least a little useful and sorry for my English, this is an interpreter :)
  5. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, your English is great. I am paranoid about house security, have several table walls and use detect hidden everytime I enter, and sometimes when I a already inside too.
    So you now get the "you see nothing hidden" message on your GM DH character?
  6. Kiryana

I'm just working on a character who will have DH, but while I'm checking the character with a zero value of DH and getting a message about the doors and "you see nothing hidden"

Tomorrow I will be able to fully answer your question. Tomorrow I will have gm DH and I will be able to try to make it a skillful character.
  7. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, I was talking about what you wrote before : "I have several characters and one of them was similar, but now everything is fine! " How did it get fine?

And it would be great if you can write here after GM DH on your new char.
  8. Kiryana

In the first case, when my character with DH = 0 at the checkout being in the house did not receive any messages, only the doors and all! I did not attach any importance to this and did not at that moment compare it with other of my characters. I just tried to check it again and again got information about the doors, without additional messages. I figured there was no one in the house and calmed down. After that, a couple of days passed and I noticed that the messages were back and everything fell into place.

At that moment, I did not betray this and safely forgot about it, to your question on the forum. Now I also wonder why this happened at that time. But I can definitely say that the robbery was not for this reason, because they robbed me before this incident.

Information about how the verification of my house by a character with gm DH, I will post here tomorrow around this time.

Information about how the verification of my house by a character with gm DH, I will inform you tomorrow at the same time. Maybe someone else had this oddity but it's easy to overlook it!
  9. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, that is strange, I never had your problem on other characters. I did not receive the message sometimes, but it was always because I had a second character hiding on the top floor. So I did not see him show up, but I realized that was the problem.
  10. Kiryana

If this is not a mistake and everything was as you say, then most likely in my house someone was just there! Damn it, now I'm not sure about my safety either. :D
    Well, in any case, tomorrow I will have gm DH And I'll check first with zero value with the hidden in the house and without it, and then the same thing only with the character gm DH. Hell, I just thought that if it was to be used in his house, he would not just write or not write the message, but he would reveal and show the hiding scoundrel!
    dumn
  11. Ghosted

Ghosted Member

@Airin

I reported this in game today on my gm detect char. Same exact problem.

@Chris @Telamon
    Airin likes this.
  12. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Just leave your chest on the porches and I will go easy on the loot, but if I have to break in, I will have no mercy in looting.
  13. Ghosted

Ghosted Member

If you ever find yourself in one of my houses it’s because I knowingly let you in.