GM Lumberjacking with Melee

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kexle, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

So I tried reading guides on this and found a few posts from 2016. Someone said you can melee to 65 but it stops, others said you can GM but it takes "forever." Some people said it is so slow past a certain point it isn't worth it. http://uorforum.com/threads/can-you-gm-lumberjacking-with-melee.17363/#post-155828 I should have posted this here first instead of Renaissance Discussion, I think it is more appropriate here so apologies to people who saw it in both. I did not see another guide on Melee, which specifically tests this out here in this forum. So I hope this helps people and gives them another option for GMing Lumberjacking.

I sought to test this. I have a miner who I wanted LJing on to kill elementals and hit them harder even with ele ban axes. He has GM Anatomy and GM Healing. I set up a simple healing macro to heal the character my miner was whacking. I set it up at 4 seconds, as quick as possible which becomes necessary when you start hitting harder, even when the wep wears a bit and even when the toon has full plate. I did not have any accidental deaths.

0-20 Store Bought

20-80 10,000-12,000 bandaids.

80-GM 23,000-25,000 bandaids.

~37,000 total bandaids were used.

I decided I could not time it properly since I did the entire thing AFK. This is something obviously you can't really do chopping trees, because of the AFK Resource Gump.

I collected all the bandaids and cut them myself so you shouldn't have to spend any money on this except to get platemail armor unless you can make your own like i did, or buying/making your own exceptional hatchets.

I went through about 20 exceptionally made hatchets and they each last about 2 hours.

As for the total amount of hours it took me. I don't know. That's why I used bandaids as a measure. I was AFK the entire time except to equip a new hatchet but often times like when I slept, it would wear off and probably go a few hours of me just wrestling the toon, which is why the bandaids used is estimated within a few thousand.

It took me 3 nights and 4 days. But again, I wasn't running the macro a full 24 hours each day.

This is a good option for people who don't like how boring cutting trees is and that you can't exactly AFK it. The downsize is you don't get thousands of boards to sell. If you don't care about that, this is a solid option for people. The amount of time and aids used will decrease, obviously, if you start at 50 skill, I did not.

EDIT: It's important to note a few things. There are probably more efficient ways to do it AFK while sleeping, such as making a macro to auto-equip new hatchets or even using store bought hatchets which hit less hard and therefore you could utilize using less bandaids. This is just the way I did it so people could see 1. It can be done 2. It doesn't take forever 3. You can do it primarily AFK. 4. An estimated amount of aids it would take. I hope this helps people who wanted another options to GM LJing and welcome people to add to this in the comments of maybe new ways and more efficiency in the comments.

Holden Well-Known Member

Nice job

37000 bandages x 4 seconds = 148000 seconds
    /60 = 2467 minutes
    /60 = 41.1 hours

sound about right?

this would also depend on your starting dex, and skill as you noted.

This may require more testing but I put together this macro to keep weapons equipped
    basically it checks that you have a weapon in hand then runs a bandage, otherwise it equips your weapon type
    this will only work for swords/fencing weapons

!Loop
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|item
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1195|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|408527|953|1116|6|400
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04
    Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Dress: weapon
    Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

you will need to create a dress action in razor for your axe and change it to item type
    make sure you name it 'weapon' or you will have to replace the line in the macro
    and also change the bandage target to whoever needs healing
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Kexle and Sheepdog like this.
  3. Kexle

Kexle Active Member

Yeah @Holden that sounds about right, it's tough for me to gauge the time as like I said I wasn't going for 24 hours a day, and I didn't use an auto-equip macro. Had I done that, I think it would have saved a bunch of bandaids while i slept. Which could bring down the number even more and with it the time. I just wanted people to know this stuff was possible and it doesn't take forever.

Thanks for doing the macro.
  4. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks for this information, I will be chopping another player instead of a tree the next time I do this, and I have been putting it off!
    Kexle likes this.
  5. Vizzer

Vizzer Active Member

Did you ever consider waking up at 10am to drink whiskey and chop wood for hours upon hours?
    Destruction, Killian and Imbol like this.
  6. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I find its always more fun with Rum.
    Vizzer, Killian and Imbol like this.
  7. Vizzer

Vizzer Active Member

Please accept my apologies, I never meant to suggest one potion is better than another.