Good 'ol RP

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Valrick, May 11, 2017.

1. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm wondering how many people would be interested in doing some form of RP guild(s) with possible storyboard uodates/chapters with them.

I used to do event stuff on naturalists and have had an invite to do a friendly type if warring before. I know that @Alex Caember and I had great fun and success with this but he can't help me in game anymore.

I miss putting together comic style tales of UO adventurers since many enjoyed it.

Post here if you would either like to see these back, or would put a character into the mix to help out! Thanks!
    Vishakt, Xegugg, Bayara and 4 others like this.
  2. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Yes and aye!
    Valrick likes this.
  3. Namarra

Namarra Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I've never done RP before but my brother did and I've always been interested in it. I recall him running around in an RP guild near Skara on Great Lakes.
    Valrick likes this.
  4. Valrick

RP doesn't have to be going all Shakespearean either. My RP crafter had a terrible lisp and would get everybody's name wrong and only say it correct the first time that they told him it lol was a blast!
    Jupiter, Bayara and The Watch like this.
  5. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

This is why I have played UO since the beginning. I've been involved with founding several RP towns and guilds, including the famed Silvervale of Chesapeake, and Village of Paws here (and other places). All of my characters are RP-based, including my GM merchant and broker, Dorian Andrael (his epithet is literally GM merchant... lol).

I'm always down from some good ol' RP. That's what a lot of my stories here on the forums center around.....creating a fictional plot that can then be extended into the in-game experience.

That's the idea, anyway.

Unfortunately I don't have that much free time to play at the moment as I'm furiously working to finish my 3rd book which was "supposed" to be out on the market a month ago.... but hope to be around more soon.
    Jupiter and Namarra like this.
  6. Valrick

Holy crap George RR Martin plays UOR!?
  7. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

Why so surprised?
    You didn't think he would WoW, did you?!!?

Edit:
    Oh yeah... The question at hand...
    Yes i wanna see em!
    and YES i wanna help!
  8. Valrick

I have naturalists but wouldn't mind low-tier warriors to start a story war with the Orc guild that's out there. Nothing mainstream but maybe 2-3 publishes a month. Story depth really depends on amount of people involved on both sides to be honest. GM gear at best (i want it to be fun, not meant for one side to dominate the fun out of it all)

I can do basic up to individual character story, but everyone would need to chip it on really get it rollin!

@Muguk
    Vishakt, Jupiter, Lightshade and 2 others like this.
  9. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I enjoyed our interactions as well @Valrick!

In fact, I still have the special treaty we signed sitting in my heavenly office. To be fair, I can still interact and be present. Alex Caember the character spent a month (rl time) seeking out the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and the lenses to view it (for those of you up to date on your Ultima lore). Upon finding it, he took excerpts from it which he now carries around and uses these excerpts to invoke powerful magic (IE GM commands); however he has taken more of a Watcher type role (like the big headed dudes from the Marvel universe) where he does not directly interfere, but instead watches and occasionally warns folk of impending doom. All in all, he works behind the curtain now.

Some of the best RP scenarios and events here happened spontaneously - the whole Virtue War thing that spanned 4+ months was not a planned thing (fully chronicled in both the Vesper Museum in-game as well as in the Salty Dog Tavern forum), so please don't think you need to get together with people and plan out what is going to happen. Just dare to play your character and see how things develop. I do hear whispered rumors of something, though... Something in regards to some ancient bones and... a chicken? I will have to consult my excerpts and see what I can divine.

@Valrick - If looking to start a story with the Orcs, now is a great time... The Blood Moon is nigh and the Orcs are preparing for a frenzied worship of their Blud God (just check it out on the Salty Dog Tavern).