Goodbye UO:R!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, May 12, 2022.

1. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hey all, I'll try to keep this short and simple but wanted to leave a quick note before I slip out the door. It's been a fun ride these last 4 years. Looking back, I laugh that I randomly happened to check Twitch's UO directory that day to see Puck streaming UO:R.

What if no one was streaming UO that day? Or it was just another neon shard? Well, I tried it out and the it turned into:
    • The revival of the abandoned Razor project now used by the whole freeshard community as the main assistant
    • The creation of the UO:R Launcher to help UO:R compete with other shards, streamlining the install process, and providing an easy way to push map and client updates
    • Hundreds of hours poured into map, from updating water, rebuilding 4 faction bases, building 5 new AMIBs, new zookeeper area, making T2A more tolerable, huge updates to Ocllo and the new player experience, fixing thousands of small OSI mistakes most folks probably will never notic
    • Hundreds of new items and hues for future content
    • Development and testing so ClassicUO would support 5.0.8.3 and UO:R early in its development
    • Building the UOR Discord Community with over 3000 people
    I'm sure I'm missing something but above all of that, I met some really great people, learned a whole bunch, and came away with some great memories running around Britannia both as a player and as a GM.

Now it's time to take my vision, style and ideas and forge my own future in Britannia and/or with some other new project.

Good luck to the UO:R team and the rest of the UO:R Community! Congrats on the 10th year anniversary -- onwards to 20!

Feel free to friend me on Discord if you'd like to stay in touch :)
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Follow your dreams.

Good luck.
  3. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Truly sorry to see you go! Your contribution to this community has been immense and we will be lessened by your absense.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

thanks for your work quick...
  5. Raxxus

Raxxus Member

Sorry to see you go, your work speaks for itself. God speed on your future endeavors!
  6. *Jam*

*Jam* Active Member

I would have abandoned trying to play UO had it not been for your work on Razor. Thanks for all you've done for this community, we're going to miss you. Wishing all the best to you and yours, take care.
    Crisco-Pjoe, HeBeface and Yukon Jack like this.
  7. Virdan

Virdan Well-Known Member

What a sad day for UOR, Thank You for all of the work and dedication that you have put into this awesome creation. I wish you all the best and hope that we cross paths in the future.
    Torallius likes this.
  8. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

Can't say this is anything but a tragedy for the UOR community, but we all wish ya the best in whatever you do next buddy. Thanks for everything!

PS - Now I can finally make a run at that Dread Spider leaderboard without Quick hogging the spawn :p
    HeBeface and Yukon Jack like this.
  9. Torallius

Torallius Member

Like so many others, I would not be here on UO:R were it not for your work. Thank you, a thousand times. While I wish you the very best in whatever you decide is next, the thoughtless selfish part of me hates this particular change.
    Yukon Jack likes this.
  10. Venger

Venger Active Member

:gutpunch:
    Sad to see you go.
    Yukon Jack and Torallius like this.
  11. LCH

LCH Active Member

thanks Quick!
    Kiryana likes this.
  12. Pantherbabe

Pantherbabe Active Member

You have been the highlight of my day too many times to count. May you prosper abundantly and may your dreams be within your reach. Life is full of challenges, and one of the things that has made you successful has been your ability to master each new opportunity. I wish you the best in all you do. I know you will conquer the new terrain and embrace all the new challenges until you reach the summit! Much Love to you Quick.. All your hard work and dedication will always be in the heart of many..
    Merlin Manson and StarTrakZack like this.
  13. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Gimme your plat stash before you go
  14. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Nooo really? Sad day for UOR :( I hope you change your mind and stay around.

About future projects I wish you the best luck!!
    HeBeface, Yukon Jack and StarTrakZack like this.
  15. fefe

fefe Active Member

Yikes, this is a bummer. UOR won't be the same without you man. The impact of all you have contributed to this community and UO in general is unreal. Best of luck with all your future projects and journeys!
    Also, please, please change your mind ^^
    StarTrakZack and Yukon Jack like this.
  16. TheNooNoo

TheNooNoo Well-Known Member

Tragic loss for UOR! Love you @Quick !!! Thanks for the immense amount of work and effort you have given!
    Yukon Jack likes this.
  17. Eskeleto

Eskeleto Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Crushing loss..So much you've done for our lil sandbox. You will be truely missed..I personally admire all the work you did on those AMIB having ran so many before and after you worked on em..Man say it aint soo...Thank You Sir, Godspeed and Sempre Avanti!
    StarTrakZack and Yukon Jack like this.
  18. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Truly sad to see you go. Your work has been amazing and underappreciated (even with the outpouring of kudos).
    Yukon Jack likes this.
  19. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Howdy Q! With you as a strong volunteer, the future of UOR seemed brighter to me. However, understanding the “move on” aspect, I can only be happy for you Quick!

And of course I want to express my human gratitude to you! Accept my friendship in Discord. I wish you and your family health and joy.

Unexpectedly, but all the changes are for the better. See you soon ;)

edit: By the way, do you remember how you started? haha

F3E6B6B7-DC07-4144-BDBF-1FE0F63B6090.jpeg

Regards,
    Kiryana
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
  20. Bill

Bill Active Member

Thankyou to you and all other staff, I wouldn't bother to play any other shard or any other era.
    Jill Stihl likes this.