Google is the luckiest guy on the server!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by snap dragon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

It was suggested I make a post on the matters, and so, I have.

So, on this day I arrived at the Christmas Event, and I ran across a warrior by the name of Lizzie Borden (google). I noticed that he had a fancy runic Axe (worth at least 100k) and decided that I would claim it for myself. And so, right after the event I gathered a group of the bravest warriors in the land to await young Lizzie outside of his tower (yes, that one).

With 100k+ axe, first place trophy from the event, and an unknown number of holiday coins in tow, Lizzie arrived at the Tower to my joy!

[​IMG]

He was quickly dispatched, but alas, for several seconds I looked for the corpse so that I could lay claim to my trophies, but it simply did not exist. After several more seconds, I sent a message to the administrators:

But as I checked the game screen once again, the body had appeared!
    [​IMG]
    inside google's house...

And so, now I have 3 murder counts (even though Lizzie Borden is far from innocent!), and no loot to show for it. I guess I shall starve in the streets for a few more days until some other employment shows up.

I realize this puts telamon in a rather odd spot, but I want to talk about the moving of players bodies by gamemasters! Is this a valid claim to google's loot on my part? Or am I sadly mistaken? I think google should do the right thing and hand over the loot!
    Evilar and Jack of Shadows like this.
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

+1

Google got saved by a bug and the hand of god.

I'd definitely take Tela up on that statue though, an eagle one of course. :p
  3. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

The rations of war (Google's loot) were clearly yours. Mistakes happen and Tela made the best decision he could at the time being, but with new evidence this should be rectified. (the location of every death is also logged on the website and easy to look into) It is also easy to see how many holiday coins he netted from the event, as well as obtain his winning trophy and his agapite weapon that everyone saw him using. I feel like you should be given the spoils you rightfully took. A small trophy does not equal the value of the items you were starved of, nor does it take the value of those items from Google. The honest solution is for Google to hand over the goods himself. He knows he rightfully lost them and handing them over would save Tela quite a headache I'm sure.

PS: Buying body transportation service from any GM's who are willing when I die with mad lewt. ^.^ PM ME!!
    jkjk, it just had to be said ;P <3
  4. Google-

Google- Member

None of those items were on my corpse.. what you would have got was about 10 force+ katanas some dp'd, but a few were pretty decent.. a crafted gold katana, 10 of each reg, 2 of each pot 40 or so explo pots, and a couple wands. the trophy, coins, and axe were safely tucked away in my bank. you honestly think I would recall to my house, knowing you have pulled this attack several times, with like a half mil of loot on me? id gladly give you my dyed leather and BOD clothes if you want it that bad.
  5. Google-

Google- Member

In fact lizzie is still loaded out the exact way he died.
  6. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

the guy just has the devil's own luck

Napo, Falanor, and I killed him on Mercedes one time at like ~35 short terms. I turned in his head to the guards for the ~16k bounty and because of a bug it didn't give me the gold nor remove his bounty.

Chris brought us both to jail and asked if he'd submit to a test. And he also asked me if I was okay letting him get ressed in order to test the system. The end result was I got to take his 16k bounty but he got to walk away alive whereas he otherwise would have not been able to use the character for weeks. I don't think I really understood he was going to get to walk away from it alive and I would have seemed like a dick to decline helping a bug get tested in order to keep him dead.

Now I don't think for even a second that there was any kind of favoritism happening. I just wanted to relate that I know the feeling atleast a little. You've got our story beat by a longshot though. That's some seriously divine intervention.
  8. meijin

meijin New Member

See, when someone dies, they should stay dead until they get a genuine res from another player, shrine, or a wandering healer.

And their loot should be on their corpse.

If people take 100k runic hammers to PvM events on a fel. server, I expect to have the opportunity to kill them and take their hammer. Otherwise it's not fair, is it? And it smells like something beginning with 'T'... :mrgreen:

No offence guys, I can see these events are hugely popular, but they are totally care bear.
  9. meijin

meijin New Member

I can even see the reason for it, and how ultimately it's just for more trammy stuff that people are doing the events, but that stuff does have currency, which lends it significance.
  10. Garrion

Garrion Active Member

On the one side I understand your frustration SD, but bear in mind that it was a bug and Telamon does the best he can to fix such things. Same bug happened to me only I was on the dieing end of it. I was thankful for Telamon's quick response as I died in town after jumping through a gate from Cyclopeans and had no body to loot. I agree that you should have got his loot, but in this case I think you should take Telamon up on the statue as he was just trying to help.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

There's only one solution. We shall cut the runic in half!

(and whoever screams for us to stop, saying "it's better for the runic weapon to stay whole than be in my possession", is the rightful mother)

Whether or not the expensive loot was on the corpse definitely tips the scale in either direction. If it was on the corpse, you're missin' out on some bucks. It it wasn't on the corpse, then the test trophy is likely worth quite a bit more than what was on the corpse. I don't think there's any way to tell for certain at this point. It doesn't appear Snap ever actually saw the items, we're just assuming that Google didn't bank them. Google claims he banked the items, but there's no way to verify now. If I had to bet on the situation, I would say Google probably did bank the items. I'd take the test trophy. Plus, test trophies are cool.
    Evilar likes this.
  12. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Unfortunately with events as complex as this there are always unforeseen complications.

In an attempt to allow the scoreboard to be accessible after the event, we allowed the event to maintain a running status for 15 additional minutes. However in testing we failed to notice that the scoring system, and death handler continued to operate in this time period. As a fail safe in case of a problem I had corpses of players who died during the event sent to a holding pen. Since the event is in a controlled area with no item drops or looting this insured that in the event of a mistake (like this) a players items would not be deleted accidentally.

So rather than take the server down to patch these two issues, I monitored the holding pen after each event, and if I saw someones corpse pop up, I transported it to their current location. Unfortunately in this situation the player died on their steps, and had already entered their house.

To summarize, yes Google is extremely lucky. No I didn't see what was on his corpse, but I would assume he banked his valuables since a banker is available in the lobby.

We will work very hard in the future to make sure issues like this are caught in the testing process. As we aspire to add a level of enjoyment greater than holiday account welfare (login, collect bag) by adding complicated and enjoyable events to challenge our players, things like this will pop up here and there.
    Evilar likes this.
  13. HateCrime

I don't know that he banked his items. He went to the event and had the aggy weapon on him when he left his home. So I see no reason he wouldn't have it on him while returning home. We had multiple people set up at several event entrances to try and catch him and take it. He happened to choose a location we were not at.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It's not like we can expect Chris to go take the guy's stuff now. And if Google says he banked his stuff, I don't have any reason not to believe him. I'm sure Chris will compensate Snap sufficiently, and I enjoyed the story.
  15. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Awesome story. I especially like the fact that you can see snap kill Google with her Avery character :lol:
  16. Google-

Google- Member

This is completely fabricated.. I had the weapon in my bank from the last events I participated in. This weapon has not left my bank with the exception of non loot events since it lost its blessed status. Why would it?!

I have multiple people who camp outside of my house on a daily basis with the intent to kill me where I have very little chance of survival.. I regularly take precautions to not lose items of value.. I am an overly careful person with my belongings.
  17. HateCrime

Far from fabricated. Myself AND cynic had ghost at your home prior to the event. We saw the unblessed weapon in your hand and went to camp different arena entrances due to it. I've never had to fabricate anything, and if I did, I wouldn't waste that fabrication on yourself. Now me and you know that you are lying, which leads me to believe that you clearly did have the event statue etc on your person when dying.
  18. snap dragon

In the post I stated: "I gathered a group of the bravest warriors in the land".. Thanks for helping out Avery!

Google-,
    I know what you had on you, you know what you had on you, and I don't expect Telamon to waste time his time investigating this further. You lucked out big time and you know it, it won't happen next time.

Thanks Telamon for the trophy in my favorite hue. That was thoughtful.
    [​IMG]
  19. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Sorry Snap, not only am I decidedly NOT one of the bravest warriors in the land but everyone knows I would never help you. But thanks for playing!!
  20. snap dragon

Right, sorry.

The real avery is definitely "not" a cA member. *wink wink nudge nudge*