Grand Opening Bloodbath!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Ningauble, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Last Man Standing Event!

When: Saturday Night, February 22nd, 9pm CST.
    Where: Sosarian Event Center, across the road from Compassion Desert (be careful, I hear there have been Urk sightings in the area)

The Terms and Conditions

• Single Elimination. Once down you are out.
    • All pots are allowed
    • Wands are allowed
    • Magic weapons and armor are allowed
    • Hiding and Invis are allowed.
    • Poisoned weapons are allowed
    • Stealing and looting are both allowed. Don't bring it if you can't chance losing it. Remember, there can be only one.
    • Field spells are allowed
    • No followers, pets, mounts or summons
    • No pre-casting before event begins
    • Prebuffing, as it is virtually unenforceable, will be allowed and encouraged.
    • No healing, curing, rezzing or otherwise beneficial acts may be performed on another combatant.
    • NO GATING. Anyone attempting to gate in a bot or other forms of underhanded shit of this nature will be banned.
    • To combat potential gating, runes and rune books are not allowed on your person. Entrants subject to snooping by staff.
    • Kill, don't die, and be the last man standing and the prize is yours.
    • Rule are subject to change as this is my first time hosting such an event so bear with me please.
    • Above all, come on out and try to have a good time
    First Prize
    Ningmask.jpg

Once the participants are inside the towers the entrances will be blocked. Latecomers will be forced to watch from outside and will not be permitted inside to participate. Once eliminated the player must ghost their way outside to rez and will not be readmitted. Once the winner is decided however the doors will be unblocked and everyone given a chance to make the butt naked run in to attempt to retrieve whatever may remain on or of their corpse, however, what is lost is lost and you knew the risks going in.

Once all participants are inside, a headcount will be taken and players will be assigned their starting location at random. There are 9 individual rooms on 3 floors of 3 towers and you might start in any one of them with random roommates all wanting you dead. For the duration of the event, friendships and guild affiliation mean nothing, you are all obstacles to one another. The battle will continue as long as necessary until one player is left. He then will climb to the rooftop of the central tower where I will be waiting to award the grand prize.

There will be prizes for 2nd and 3rd places that are yet to be determined. Perhaps an inaugural event participation prize for all contenders to soothe the pain of lost items depending on what I can come up with. The grand prize is on me.

Unfortunately due to the chaotic nature of this type of event and sheer size of the venue, there will be no spectators other than staff volunteers. However, I imagine much action will take place across the rooftops which are visible from outside so feel free to show up. This event is open to everyone, good at pvp or not, come anyway, you might just get lucky.

****Edit to rez rule***

Due to a rez-killing for points concern, thank you Liberation, faction members resurrections will be handled in the safest way possible to protect them from this. Details to be worked out and posted. rest assured factioneers, your concerns are being addressed, don't hesitate to bring your faction toons.

Final Edit (hopefully): After thinking it over and while looting still remains legal, in an effort to minimize item loss among the combatants, players may remain as a ghost next to their corpse awaiting resurrection by staff as soon as it is possible to get to them. After rezzing and reclaiming items from corpse, the player must make their way to the first floor if the event is still in progress. Factioned characters will be gated to a shrine to quickly rez and pop back through to reclaim their items.

I apologize for the edits and changes and thank everyone for their patience. I will get better at this I assure you.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    [Mobolin], Huzke, Wise and 1 other person like this.
  2. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

So upset that I will miss this!
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sounds awesome! I will definitely bring a body to be annihilated.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask for anyone that wishes to volunteer to assist as event staff to let me know. Rule is however if you are on staff you cannot participate as a combatant on any of your other characters for this event. Ideally I would hope to have one person per floor per tower to watch for any infractions of the rules and eject them as necessary. I also seek a chronicler or 2 to take screen shots, etc to commemorate the event. Those on staff will be dressed in a colored robe and atop a mount so there can be little question that they are staff. Anyone attacking staff will be ejected.
  5. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Going to do my best to make this and if I'm able to, I'll definitely be recording everything from my point of view at least.
  6. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Guest

Its like a royal rumble only not fixed by vince mcmahon !!

I cant come im english and live in a strange far away land where night is day and day is night and color is spelt colour how it should be !!!
    BlackEye likes this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm in and I nominate Avery for management/support if she's not fighting. :)
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

You live in Canada? :p

Ning, I'll gladly help if you need volunteers.
  9. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Its up to you Wise, staff aint got a shot at the mask. I'd understand if you wanted to fight. I appreciate everyones support and looks forward to a big turn out
  10. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Clearly you have never seen me peeveepee, I could be the only one with vanqs and invulv on and still won't stand a chance at that mask ;)

Helping the community is its own reward anyway! You can count on me.
  11. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

haha, I am the same way Wise. I thank you for your desire to help sir!
  12. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds fantastic. I think I'll be able to enter... just trying to figure out which character type to bring!

My .02 on the admin stuff... it seems untenable to require no prebuffs like Magic Reflection and Reactive Armor. Unless you want to go around double flamestriking everyone beforehand.

The other thing I might suggest is a bit more clarification on the "no teaming" rule. I just foresee complaints here, one way or the other.
  13. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

You are correct there Dalavar. There really is no way to monitor prebuffing, that one is more or less on the honor system. I will probably have to clarify the teaming thing as it is really going to be a massive gankfest one way or and only the most blatant teaming can truly be enforced, i.e. healing other players, etc. In the end tho there is just one big prize and everybody but one has to die to get it. There are flaws in the system and we will have to do our best to work through them and try and have a good time despite them. Either way, one lucky contestant goes home with a 1 of 8 item on their face and I still think its a great way to kick off the events at the S.E.C. aka Dalavar Towermage.

Perhaps I will rethink the prebuffing rule knowing that those that cheat the system will hold unfair advantage over those that follow the rule and perhaps I will decide to just allow prebuffing anyhow. Afterall, its not like anybody but one person will survive this and many wont last long at all, give everyone the best chance I can to last as long as possible.

I am glad to hear you will be attending!
  14. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Changes made to prebuffing rule. I can't guard against it with an event this size so it is now allowed and encouraged to give everyone the most level playing field possible.
  15. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Death entrance solves this. There are many ways to conduct this but as long as you do it in an organized fashion and clearly explain, most contestants will understand.
  16. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I like the change to allow prebuffs. Gives everyone the best chance possible without having to worry about trying to police another rule.
  17. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

I fear trying to enforce this with a death entrance would be a nightmare and take forever to process everyone and their gear through. I actually like the change to prebuffing as well, with everyone trying to kill everyone, and their gear most likely getting lost in the process, its best to let everyone out of the gate as tough as they are gonna be able to be.

This isnt a duel, its a bloodthirsty everyone against everyone with a hefty price and prize on the line...let em come out swinging.
  18. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I think the no teaming thing should be looked at. I mean, that's going to be very hard to enforce and I can see people getting disgruntled over it.

If I'm in a room with a guildmate and a enemy factioneer, guess who's getting it first. This will obviously look like teaming. Also, I'd exit that room and go for the next target instead of attacking a friend/guild mate.

I'm just saying, teaming is inevitable.
  19. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Perhaps instead of or along with randomized starting locations we can try to keep guildies apart as long as possible.

They do that in the UEFA champions league by keeping teams from the same country apart in the first elimination round and randomizing everything else.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, no teaming is gonna be a pain also. I mean, I'm not gonna throw heals/cures on my friends but I'm not inclined to try hard to kill them either.