Grand Opening Bloodbath!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Ningauble, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Again, this is my first time out of the gate and I'll be happy to streamline that as well. I agree that you certainly wont try to take your guildmates out first. What Im trying to avoid is a couple guys teaming up to eliminate everyone and then one taking a token death and they split the winnings or whatever and obviously the whole heal and cure one another thing. I'm happy to revisit that as I want this to be fun for everyone yet as fair as possible. How do you guys suggest that be structured?

How about a prohibition on healing and other beneficial acts?
  2. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Thank you guys for your input by the way. This is helpful.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well the staff would just ban anyone caught healing others. Another rule can be *engage on sight* so no leaving any room unless youre the last person alive.

Plus once you know its a FFA the instincts kick in and blood will be spilled. Its all in good fun anyway.
  4. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Where I able to make it, I'd gladly kill any of my guildmates for a piece of trammel to give away at another event.
    Wise likes this.
  5. ilban

ilban New Member

If I'm on that night I'll gladly help out as staff member. I doubt my PvM char has a chance anyway :). Sign me up for colorful horse-person-staff.
  6. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

After speaking with Telamon last night about the gating concern I have decided that runes and runebooks are not going to be allowed in your inventory during this event. This should, along with the blocked entrances should maintain the integrity of the event and minimize the ability to grief. Entrants are subject to a quick snoop by myself as they are allowed in.

Thank you again for your patience with these changes. I am only trying to provide as fair a contest as possible for all involved.
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Im excited!
    Ningauble likes this.
  8. Athena

Athena Active Member

So after that server downage it looks like a lot of people didn't die since we rolled back a bit! However a few were still dead and I did my best to save some gear If your name is posted here I was able to salvage your body and you can contact me via PM or IRC. If you don't contact me within a week I'm using your reagents :p!

Barnicle
    Dank Nuggets
    Gunne
    Dalavar

(Just joking about the reagent thing guys but do try to contact me soon I hate having random crap strewn about my house)
  9. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

First Place went to Cinnamon Sparkle. Sort of anyhow, with the revert I still have the mask...sorry Lib...but... :)

Second Place went to Smoke Manmuscle

Third Place went to Otis Driftwood

A huge thank you to my fine staff of Mobolin and Athena and my dear wife Skathi for being there to help me through that chaos.

Thank you so much to Telamon for both his advice and all his help (hey, no thread showed up in the forums, guess I dont owe ya that $10 afterall) :)

Thank you to Liberation for his advice and encouragement through the process.

Thanks for running video Punt, that was fun to watch.

Thank you to our other great contestants who unfortunately didn't stand. Korgath, Timi, Iron Blood, Shamgar, Caramon Majere, Strange Land, Dank Nugget, Catalin, Dalavar Macemage, Fruit Loop, Hitter, Chingy, Mr Chow

Special mention to Timi for his epic kill on one of my characters (hint: a guy standing there on a horse in a non combatant)

I really appreciate you all for coming out and making my initial event as much of a success as I could have hoped for. It was chaotic and I was rather overwhelmed but it all went off without any major malfunctions and that makes this event rookie happy. I hope you all continue to show up in the future as I really want the event center to take off.

Again, I apologize for any hiccups along the way, I'm new at this but after 2 or 3 or 10 more tries I may get it all worked out :)
  10. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Tons of fun. No hiccups that I saw, don't be hard on yourself! It went as smoothly as it possibly could have, IMO.

Eagerly awaiting the next!
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

great fun, ning. thanks a ton for hosting and sponsoring. i don't often get to compete in pvp events and appreciate that you asked me to fight rather than staff.

also i think your first event went off without so much as a hitch, with the obvious exclusion of the server down. you're a natural!
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

My biggest complaint is that I lost to a cinnabun! Haha. This was great fun. It gave a guy like me half a chance. I was actually fostering the hope that I might place 2nd or 3rd until my kids interrupted. (That's my l33t PvP excuse!)
  13. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Images from the event!

Otis Driftwood!! I didn't report you for murder... but .. ohhhh.. i was tempted..

i didn't have any gold in my account for a bounty though so.. i guess you get off the hook.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wise likes this.
  14. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Looks like a blast. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.
  15. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

This was my first event I went to. Seems like so long ago. I had come back to UO from a long break and played like I used to on GL. I was not aware the server size was a lot smaller and the community was kind of tight. I went to this event with amazement people left their horses unmounted and just out. I got excited, ran in and attacked them soon as I saw them. The orcs were like uhhhh..noooooo!.. and I was like we always eat horses, this is a feast! The humans did not like us eating their horses and I was then attacked by the humans. One of those humans killed me, I was getting rez'd as the murder gump came up and I counted them on accident. Trying to explain it was an accident and being brand new I was like.. ugh!, but I made a great friend out of that, so it was fortunate for the series of events to of happened. Happy Year to me!
  16. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

wow, thanks for the bump Xegugg. Didn't know an event as cool as this happened. Someone should buy Timbo's super keep tower tower tower bridged combo and do one of these. Hmmmmmmmmm