Grand Opening: Server-Wide House Placement

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Ezekiel, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The staff team on Renaissance are eager to present you with the Grand Opening of server-wide house placement, as the final stage of the land-rush. Next Friday, on the 23rd, we will be opening up the entire server for active house placement. Going forward from this date, there will no longer be any restrictions to the areas where players may place housing. This does not include the T2A lands, only the Old-Lands map, there will not be housing available in the Lost Lands.

It is important to keep in mind that the Anti-Afk System will be watching for players who may attempt to place housing afk, or by scripted means. The use of house deeds can & will trigger the Afk-Gump, in the same manner which this applies to gathering actions such as Mining or Lumberjacking. If you are jailed for unattended house placement attempts, depending on the circumstances you may be subject to jail-time, and potentially forfeit your chances at initial house placement. As always, we ask that players abide by the rules of the server if they do not wish to suffer the penalties of the system.

At this time there is not a specific time of day scheduled for the grand opening. Specific times, and more information will become available as we approach the target date. Any questions or concerns may be posted in this thread, by private message in IRC, or by private message via Forums.

The battle for prime housing locations will begin at a currently withheld time on Friday, November 23rd, good luck.

11pm Eastern
    10pm Central
    9pm Mountain
    8pm Pacific

Renaissance Staff Team

[​IMG]

Renaissance Housing Structures
    Entrance Security: Tips & Tricks
    Protecting Your Valuables
    Intro to House Ownership & Commands
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Move over Civ 4 - BTS, my all nighters will now be spent farming. Giggdy...
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Will these locations be blocked off from the initial land opening, then open later in the day? I think it all should be opened up so people can have a choice to camp a prime location or use that time to place somewhere else in the world something bigger. If prime locations are only open after everyone else placed their big houses then everyone will be sitting at prime locations making it less fair for the people who only plan to place at prime locations. Should have people make a choice which is more important, Placing something bigger or take your chances trying to get a prime spot or choose to try to place a prime spot but might miss out where they wanted to place something bigger.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The entire server will open at once, exactly the same time. There will not be phased additions or openings, this will all happen simultaneously.

My comments about the "battle" were in relation to the inevitable player struggle for prime locations, such as yew bank, yew moongate, occlo bank, and other areas of interest where there will without a doubt be a struggle for, as players will attempt to fight for the locations where similar interests are held.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Ah misunderstood then , thanks.
  6. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

I do hope that you make house add-on deeds 1 time use, so that they are distroyed when axed, (short delay is ok)
    Prior to opening up the Lands!
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

TIME TIME TIME!!!!??????!!!!!!
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Agreed.
  9. cmerolon

cmerolon Member

:lol: WOoooo
  10. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Yes I hope this is changed
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is slated for the next patch. You will have 24 hours in which to re-arrange crafted house add-ons before they become a permanent addition to your house.
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Is this for crafted addons or Reward Items as well?
  13. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I don't see why house on deeds should be changed. When axed, turning back into a deed is
    era accurate, so why change it , unless perhaps you want only certain things to be pre-ren.?
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Think the community of crafters got together and had a meeting and think this is a way for them to stay in business. Apparently if you place an add-on then later want to move it you have to destroy it. Bad for us but more money for the crafters I guess. Just hope it's only craftable items only and not reward deeds from bods. :geek:
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It was confirmed earlier in this thread, or in other discussions, that BoD reward items will be permanently re-deedable by axing.

The point is that craftables should be consumables, not perpetual items. The 24 hour window is so you can place it properly (and not have to lose it if you put it in the wrong place in your home).

If they were able to be re-deeded there is a finite amount of these items needed in the world. If they are destroyed if moved at a later date, business can continue to thrive for the crafters.

If this patch weren't done, one could potentially just buy 10 of each add-on and never need another for the remainder of their UOR lives.

Think of it like lightbulbs. They are manufactured specifically to burn out over time by way of a notch in the filament. If they weren't the only time lightbulbs would sell is when they are broken from physical destruction. Bulb companies would go out of business if that were the case. ;)

Edit: Add-ons are pretty cheap in comparison to how easy it is to make money in UO. If they were to stay the same, I would recommend selling add-ons for 50x the current value.
  16. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I don't think placement should be accident proof. Effing up is part of UO and without the punishments that accompany it people won't learn better.
  17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I don't think that BOD rewards should be redeedable, they take a significant amount of effort to obtain and in the long run the market will be flooded with them because there will never be a need for more than a few per player. I'd wager that this will essentially make any LBODs that grant the player a rug/tarp useless in the long run and deter newer players wanting to start tailors/smiths by reducing the exclusivity of these items.

I also agree with Wise, messing up is a huge part of UO, whether it be your macros, placements or PvP combos, the best way to learn is to make a mistake and figure out what went wrong. UO has never had a "redo" button which is one of the coolest aspects of the game.
  18. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Reward items will continue to be re-deedable using an axe, however once a house decays, they will be destroyed with the house.

The decision was made by the staff to adjust the deeds to accommodate both sides of this issue. OSI did the standard trammel response when fixing this problem back in 2000 by making the items essentially permanent. I think at one point if you re-deed your house, the add-ons would drop to the ground in deed form. On the other hand not being able to "preview" placement of the item was a problem for most players.

Part of our job here is to make sure there is a thriving player economy by allowing the players to create their own supply/demand environment.

In order to accomplish this we are adding a 24 hour timer in which you can re-arrange a craftable add-on in your house before the item becomes permanent.

Reward and BOD add-ons will be removed from the economy when a house decays. We have no plans to change this in the future, however the type of rewards available from the Bulk Order Deed system could change over time.
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  20. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I still disagree with the idea of making most house add-ons non deedable If you think about it, not too many players use several of these add ons. Looms, spinning wheels, forges, anvils are all items that crafters use, most wish to gm their skills, so will eventually make their own. These
    basic items I think should be re-deedable. Non crafters use npc shop forges, etc.
    Perhaps items like beds, ovens and if you add fireplaces to the mix, these are items most all
    players use, so I see a much wider market for them; thus should be non deedable. ( added ovens
    to this list because know several people use them as fireplaces.)

thanks