Great to be back, and a Mac question....

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by compsays, Feb 21, 2017.

1. compsays

compsays Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi guys.

1999-2001 veteran, back and loving being back. Thank you to everyone for making it possible to be here. It's amazing to be back in that world which holds so many good memories for me, and I'm loving it.

Special thanks to nkr and anyone else concerned, for making it so easy for me to set this up on my Mac. I couldn't believe it could possibly be as easy as the instructions, but I followed them carefully, and here I am, working good and fine on my 2015 MacBook Air, running Sierra v10.12.2

My question is, as I will shortly be working away from internet for a few weeks, is there ANY way for me to get a version of UO:R working on the Mac offline? My own server, I guess, is what I'm saying? So I can get my fix while I'm off the grid for a while?

Many thanks in advance for any answers and thanks again for your efforts in making this happen.

Cheers.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hello, I share your joy and very happy this opportunity to play a game of childhood :)

In answer to your question is likely to be negative about the game without the Internet, to be honest I can imagine it only by means of a surgical intervention in the depths of the software!

I have another question for you, please tell me, the music in the game you worked? I, too, mac os, and the music can not adjust my dancing with a tambourine did not help ...

Thanks in advance, Kiryana.
  3. compsays

compsays Active Member

Hi Kiryana. Nope, no music for me either. Shame, as I would've liked to have heard it. Mind you, I would probably have turned it off fairly quickly anyway! :)

The bardic music does work, though. I can hear people 'practising' their lute etc.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

<<<Hahaha thank you;)
  5. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the world of Sosaria. I doubt it would be a fun experience, free shards use the RUNUO emulator, http://www.runuo.com/. It appears they are no longer actively working on it, so best of luck. I have nothing in way of experience to offer help in using it a single player mode. It could be possible, but will probably tax your system to run it and play.
  6. compsays

compsays Active Member

Thanks for your answer, Mykos. I guess I'll take a look.