Guild Materials Drive

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Lord Krake, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello Project Sanctuary!

We have new players coming to us all the time and we can outfit them really well with gear, spellbooks, info and housing.

What we cant do, at this point, is support our crafters very well. The reason for this is that we dont have a collection of materials that are accessible.

So what I want to propose is a Guild Materials Drive!

Just as we have been collecting weapons and armor, lets start collecting materials for training use, and obviously for crafting items we may need.

I am going to create a sliding scale of donation contributions. Players who match the scale will have a chance to gain rewards (plat, trophies, high end gear or items, an hour in the smoking lounge that includes an intimate discussion with Krake ;) )

I will post the scale later when I figure it out, but it will be something like "For every 500 cotton you donate, you will get a raffle ticket" "For every 200 gold ingots you donate you will get a raffle ticket". And then raffles will be held at the end of each month, or however often it seems appropriate.

Here are the materials we are looking for. Donations can start at any time, and will be recorded.

- Cotton or Cloth
    - Ingots, of every color and type
    - Hides of every type
    - Potions and Potion Kegs (not really a material, I know, but a resource non the less)
    - Wood and Oak boards
    - Bones
    - Feathers

So I know this is new and its kinda of experimental, so if it doesnt get off the ground, whatever! Just thought that we would try something new and give players, who mostly like to gather and craft, a way to earn some different rewards within the guild.

I will post the sliding scale chart latter.

Thanks all!

~Krake Vestahl
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Lyta, Ahirman and Keza like this.
  2. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

i know i'm not actually a member of your guild but you've all been very kind to me and i really like what you do. plus i do a LOT of lumberjacking in your area -I live a little north of the rangers and thanks to a camp spawning on my backyard i've got plenty of spined leather as well.

boards are kinda my livelyhood now but i'd be happy to donate what i can if you'll accept it :oops:
    MikeK and Lord Krake like this.
  3. Lord Krake

I wont say no! We will take wood, but obviously oak is going to be more valuable. Keep a look out for the sliding scale so you know if its worth it for ya. Glad we have been helping you out.
  4. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

I have 1120 oak boards I can donate!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I usually have a steady supply of horned leather from all the fishing I do. I gave @mikek85 10k a while back. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but if you need more just shoot me a pm in irc. I'll see what else I may have to donate once you get the slides posted. ;)

*Horned not spined
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Lord Krake likes this.
  6. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I could also just make horned leather suits of that would help.
  7. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Ahirman did donate 10k horned which I've been using to make new player leather sets. So put him down for that.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  8. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Oh this will be fun, I've donated my share of stuff in past but you're right only so many vanqs and invuln armors are needed I suppose. A lot of horned and barbed have left my hands to new players and bones and bandages too and so many other things, but this scale.. this scale must be seen. I will have me a smoking session, and it's gonna be epic.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  9. Lord Krake

I will figure it out this week.

And the intention for these materials is not just to have them to make stuff, but also to allow new PS members to train up their crafting skills either for free, or for a very small price, depending on what materials are being used.
    Ahirman likes this.
  10. Delavego

Delavego Well-Known Member

I have 800 cotton that I can donate. I can donate it as is, or I can make it into bolts of cloth if you would prefer.
    Dr Satan likes this.
  11. Fungus

Fungus Member

I've got a man who gathers cotton daily for me, I've slipped him a fiver and he's already up to 250 cotton bales as i type though only gets to collect in between me taking calls / dealing with s*** at work ;)
    Dr Satan and Heretic like this.
  12. Heretic

I always love to see the passion and compromise of our members to help new players and the server.
    I'm glad I'm part of this guild.
    MikeK likes this.
  13. Dr Satan

Hey,

Heretic, Delavego, and I ran 12 shovels that I had from bod rewards, we made out pretty good.

We got:
    2509 iron
    243 copper
    148 gold
    285 agapite

The shovels were mine, but certainly was a team effort and had a lot of fun. Heretic would peace the golems, and I would laugh as three people slammed them with fantastic weapons. They tried their best but you can't phase an epic trio of battle miners.

Good times, split the tickets three ways and remind me to drop them off to wherever they need to get too!
    MikeK, Fungus and Lord Krake like this.
  14. Lord Krake

Wow good job guys. Glad you are taking this on! I will have a drop house set up soon enough that will be public so you will just have to add to the lock down stacks! I iwll notify you all when that gets set up!
  15. Dr Satan

Another 4260 Iron Ingots brought to you by the mining trio: Heretic, Delavego and Doctor Satan.

14 iron shovels in 25 minutes, that counts smelting time also. Its a new record! :D
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Azerothian, MikeK, Fungus and 3 others like this.
  16. Dr Satan

Hope we aren't spamming to much, but we just laid out another 4800 iron ingots by the P'S Mining Trio.

Delavego bought a bunch of iron shovels. We need more golem slayers, let me, Heretic or Delavego know when you want to kill and get in touch with us and take part of this abomination slaying!

Thanks Delavego and Heretic for making my resource gathering dreams come true. If my math is right that's 11,589 iron ingots alone in 3 sessions from us! And plenty more shovels to go!
    Heretic likes this.
  17. Heretic

It has been a bless! Let's keep this pace and dry all the iron resources from the server! Muahuahua!
    Dr Satan likes this.
  18. Fungus

Fungus Member

Cotton Update:

Prices on the stock market and NASDAQ have crashed due to Fungus flooding the market with 1,000 bales and promising more throughout the week.

Commentators remarked that they felt sorry for anyone attempting to create bolts as they'd not see sunshine for a few days being tied to the looms.
  19. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

Looks fun! Might have to bring my miner if you guys do the fighting - once my miner is GM, ofc.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  20. Dr Satan

Delavego, Heretic, and myself have been at it again.

Tonight we ran 20 iron shovels and picked up
    5918 Iron ingots for donation :D
    Fungus likes this.