Guild Purge and Intentional (or circumstantial) Dormancy

Discussion in 'Adventure Time [A^T]' started by Blaise, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail Adventurers,

I'm good and weary of running a guild, taking on new players, trying to drive activity or run events. As of today, Adventure Time is no longer recruiting. Many of our members have either gone their own way or just, in one way or another, gone away. I can't be the only one responsible for driving guild activity, which is why there practically is none. No offense to our more quiet or reserved members, but I've burnt myself out and I'm sorry I haven't been the GM I once was, passionate about rallying and partying. There's only so much I can do solo and I'm done feeling like I'm letting my guildmates down by not being like that anymore.

As such, I will be taking the time to purge any character names I don't recognize as primaries or alts of people I hope still wish to be a part of the former glory that Adventure Time was. We spent the better part of two years being the foremost New Player Guild on the shard. We've run events and held the hands of dozens upon dozens of players while they get their foothold here on Renaissance. It was intentional and what we wanted to do, or at least what I wanted to do, with the support and guidance of Avery and Odin (best not to refer to him as LesClaypool at this point). I've dropped more 10,000g checks on random new players than I could ever possibly count or pay attention to. I've dropped homes and gold on friends from other realms that have either grown to be long term players here or just disappeared like so many tend to do. I've sported huge loans with no collateral, to my enemies and friends alike. Now it's time to just take care of number one. I'm going selfish and shutting the doors to this guild and my time.

If, for whatever reason, your character is removed from the guild stone against your desires, I'm sorry. Just get in touch with me through forums, IRC or whatever and I'll be happy to add you back, providing you're not someone I'd rather not have in the guild anyway. I may turn around again and develop the drive to push this guild to do more and be more but, at present, I'm content to be proud of what we've done over the years, here and in our former home. I'm proud to call a great many people friend who are or once were members of this guild of adventurers formed from the ashes of Ascalon.

So, to all the people's of OoO, your King loves you and cherishes every moment of time spent in Britannia with such a great group of truly good people. If my sour choice of words or staunch opinions have driven you away, I hold no ill will, but won't apologize for being who I am. The beauties of our guild are our simple requirements and love of adventure. I'm sure the future will bring great things for us all here on Renaissance but until we rise again, fare well.

Sincerely,
    Blaise, King of OoO

EDIT/UPDATE:
    Purge is completed. If I bumped anyone out who wanted to stay in, please just PM me.

Regarding Guildmaster(s):
    I have removed all characters from the Killers of Quahog stone and deleted the former GM, Seth McFarlane, thus removing the stone entirely.
    I have resigned Ruler of OoO from Adventure Time, leaving my main character Blaise as the GM of the guild.
    I have deleted all characters from the account "atmasters", which was a shared account established by administration for use by Avery, Odin and I. I have requested administration disable the account at their earliest convenience.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Cherie, Avery and Blaise like this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Gideon, you spent your first year being a quiet but extremely strong leg for the guild to stand on. A great contributor to the first guild homes on the shard all the way up to the last and final home, among many many other helpful contributions to the shard that I simply could not fathom listing out entirely. A great member who has always shined truly A^T to the core.

Cheers!
    Avery and Gideon Jura like this.
  4. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

A^T 4 lyf3!
    Blaise likes this.
  5. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I was in A^T but briefly (on two servers actually), did my best to get people champing but failed miserably. Thanks for giving me a shot. Be happy and troll on.
  6. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

so many apathy
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, it takes a lot to muster a group for much when everyone's already got an alt guild for whatever it is they do, myself included when it came to Factions anyway.

Having a blast and feeling much less like I'm shirking responsibilities, since I swore them all off. lol
    TrojanCow likes this.