Guild recruitment project

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by PaddyOBrien, Jul 1, 2017.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and decided to put the ball in motion. Many times new players come into irc or here in the forums looking for certain guilds to join, but often we don't always know which ones are recruiting aside from the major guilds like Project Sanctuary. While P'S is an excellent guild for most new players, sometimes there might be people that already know the ropes, who just wanna get together with some reds and terrorize the countryside pk'ing anything that moves, which doesn't mesh with the ideals of P'S or other good-aligned guilds :) Personally, I know of guilds that might suit a player but I don't always know if those guilds are actively recruiting and don't want to just "pass them off" on someone else just to give them an answer, only for the player to find out said guild is inactive or not looking for recruits. Looking in the Guilds section of the forums isn't much help for new players looking to join specific types of guilds, since many of those guilds listed are dead and have come and gone long ago. So I've been thinking about making an Active Guild Directory that we'll update every so often. Hopefully when players come to UOR and see the guild options, it will make them more inclined to stay. Additionally, it should bring in more action all around.

What I'm going to do is this: I've made a list of things I want to put on a thread I will make once I hear from a few guilds. If there is anything I'm missing or should add to help things, please let me know. This is just a few things off the top of my head:

Name of Guild / Abbrv: (Guild roster link to UOR site will be added)

Type of Guild: General guild of friends? PvP? Factions? PK guild? RP Guild of a certain type? PvM/champ spawn guild? Order/Chaos?

Status: I'm just looking for guilds ACTIVELY recruiting, but I know sometimes guilds want to limit the intake sometimes but recruit more later. So in the event a guild needs to go inactive temporarily , we can put it here. That way they can still contact the guild to inquire about recruitment in the future.

Contact person(s): guildmaster and other high ranking members that can get them on the stone somehow. Include forum/irc names/whatever/ contact info you want.

Guild location: Guild location / player town / sphere of influence / areas of operation if any. Can be left blank if need be

Description / requirements: I'll need just a basic paragraph or a few sentences on what you're guild is about, what you're looking for in recruits, restrictions if any. How big/small is your guild, how active are you? Get people hyped to join your guild!

If i'm missing something, let me know. If you're a guildmaster and your guild is ACTIVELY recruiting, send me a pm via irc or forums with the info filled out. When I get a few guilds' info, I'll make a post and continually update it. Any ideas/suggestions? :cool:

Edit: added guild roster link idea + added guild size / activity to the description
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hi, I want to suggest a color differentiation of guilds according to the degree of their activity. For a frequent guild there are the most active and least active, it is due to a number of reasons, from the employment of players in the week or their geographical location!
    My idea is that next to the guild name (or the name of the guild itself) was green or yellow. This will mean not only the activity of the guild itself as a whole, but also the need to participate directly in the guild affairs! Some guilds are demanding on how much time the player pays for its development.
    Simply there will be a visual representation of the activity of the guild as a whole and its demand for recruits! (just thoughts)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

Yeah that makes sense, some guilds might have a certain size they wanna stay at, or might not be super active but recruiting anyway. That reminds me, maybe adding the guild link from the UOR site to see the roster.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Phaero

Phaero Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Perhaps it would be easier to have an actual forum for guild recruitment. That way a guild could design their own advertisement and we would know if they were recruiting based on when their thread was last bumped.
  5. PaddyOBrien

The problem is, take a look at the guilds listed in that section. I count maybe 4 or 5 of those guilds that are active or moderately active... amongst many guilds I know for a fact reside in the guild graveyard of Nujelm. It's sad to see some of the posts in there on guild forums of people looking to join guilds that haven't been seen since like 2014.
  6. Kiryana

<<<<Now all the guilds are beautifully displayed on the main page of the forum, and what if you hide those guilds for which there were no text updates for the last month and leave only the active ones, thereby not misleading people ?!
    Phaero likes this.
  7. Phaero

Phaero Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you are talking about the current guild section, I agree. It's kinda depressing to see all of these guilds with forums that haven't posted in years. I was talking more about a single forum dedicated to only recruitment so it would be organized more by last posting than by guild name. As a loner who has been considering joining a guild, thank you for trying to solve this issue but this seems honestly like a lot of work that could be self managed by the individual guild if they had an easy way to let people know if they were recruiting and was easily read by those looking for a guild.
    Kiryana likes this.
  8. Kiryana

<<<Yes, I understand your proposal and agree with you. Based on your proposal, inactive guilds would also disappear from sight by sliding down the list based on their last update!