Halloween graveyard question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lumbo, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

So I've figured out that I get a holiday coin if I kill the tough guys like blood necromancer, vampire, headless horseless man... etc etc.

Is there a chance of getting anything for killing the lesser guys? The blue skeletons? The goblins? Goblins take forever to kill and only give you 50 gold... just wondering if I should even bother with those types.

On a side note, pulled a vampire statuette in the first 10 minutes of hunting today!
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Jill Stihl, Black Tortoise and Lumbo like this.
  3. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Ahirman likes this.
  4. Merek Tybalt

Merek Tybalt Well-Known Member

So do you have to be the biggest damage dealer or something on the 1/1 drop monsters? I spent 3 hours tonight lurking enemies to a archer tower with my bard mate and doing damage on these guys and got zero holiday coins.
  5. Ahirman

I've only got coins off the bosses so far. Necromancer, headless one, vampire. I check my archers before I logged tonight and they had one coin each. which is crazy considering they've been sitting up there all day!! I was mainly drag to them to help me kill stuff because that seems to be their only use so far. and surviving an 8 man gank squad apparently! :eek:

you can lookup drop chanced here
  6. Ahirman

oh and if there is a drop the highest damager gets the coin.
    Lumbo likes this.
  7. Merek Tybalt

If you were in the Vesper tower house, I dragged about 100 kills to you. If neither of us got anything (lured vamps, headless, red bone knights plus all the other special zombies) then I can't see how anyone is going to get enough coins to buy a ham sandwich

Good to know on damage dealer. I just figured if you did any reasonable damage you'd get one. Really no incentive then to being the puller out there then
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  8. Ahirman

Yup, the two in black robes are my guys and they had one coin each. It seems like it a very slow grind for sure! I made the archers hoping they would pay off but it's not looking that way. :confused:

Maybe that other archer in the plan leather suit got some. I don't know who that was.
  9. Merek Tybalt

That was my archer, he got one yesterday my only coin thus far. Nothing today
  10. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure running archer bots all day long farming holiday coins is afk gathering, even though there is no gump I would be careful what you say!

But I could be misreading this, sorry if I am :p
  11. Ahirman

They didn't really run "all day" I ran them some this morning making the macro. I stopped them when I left work and started them up about 3:30 and was there on my other character killing stuff and dragging stuff to them. They were always up on a second monitor when I stopped to eat dinner and when most of us left as a guild to try out some different graveyards. I don't just leave them running afk!
    Cero likes this.
  12. Ahirman

That's crazy!
  13. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

My apologies good sir! That is what I figured once I went back and reread the quote...thus my edit :D. I have been running a provo/dexer for about 2'ish hours so far and grabbed up about 10-15 coins, usually my average for a days work during Halloween. Anything larger then a Vampire you will need a tank/healer set up weather it is with pets or other players since Blood Necros and up are non-bardable. Hope this helps the Hcoin income!
    Ahirman likes this.
  14. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

The Night of Horrors Events are where you get the most holliday coins. Hope to see you all there.