Happy 5th Anniversary Renaissance!

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Aug 1, 2017.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Orion GM BD and Dash like this.
  2. Dash

Dash Active Member

Thanks for the reply! I figured that would be the case but it can't hurt to ask. I'm willing to purchase some of the items if I can find a vendor or player selling any (after I farm a bit more gold of course). So far we are loving it, and it is the first thing to really satisfy the nostalgia I've had for the game I used to play, because the official ea servers have gone haywire and are just not enjoyable to me anymore. So glad I found this and look forward to playing with you all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Orion GM BD, Rickbrent and One like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Rickbrent and Dash like this.
  4. Dash

Dash Active Member

That is a great way to describe it. Renaissance and prior was perfection to me and a big part of my childhood, then the game got progressively worse after it was sold off and became item based while multiplying trammel lands for a dwindling player base - but I'm sure everyone here understands that already!
    Orion GM BD and One like this.
  5. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to the server man!
    One likes this.
  6. ham

ham Well-Known Member

Don't forget this is Felucca. Prepare to be pk'd, and stolen from -- the real world outside Occlo is dangerous! But remember, you can kill them too! :)

If you macro fast enough, you can still get in on some of the Halloween events! They are running all week. All you really need is to be able to do some damage output, so a 1x GM might even be sufficient, (GM weapon, high tactics, high anat), and you can score some coins -- just join the event and whack stuff.

Welcome!
    Orion GM BD, One and Rickbrent like this.
  7. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

@Syntax you should be ALL set up for 6th anniversary! Welcome! We're in the midst of the Halloween event. This is event season, so there's lots more to keep you busy.
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  8. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

my first year on this server 2 Halloweens ago (or was it 3), I went into a Halloween instance event with a LJ who was GM swords and Anat, tactics was in low 90's, LJ was in 60's, resist was in 50's, healing was only in 80's, magery was 50, and hiding was low. It's all how you play and using other players to get targeted first then run up and whack monster as well, etc. I did quite well in the Halloween event my first year and was very enjoyable. the hardest part is the very start trying to scramble to get items and getting the correct weapon can take a while even with people smithing items. Its fun and you should try it.
    Orion GM BD, ham and One like this.